Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I wish people wouldn't go straight to the race card. Completely destroys any credibility of their claim. I mean, it sounds like they have a legitimate complaint but now they just sound nuts. Racism is a terrible thing to claim so I would hope they have some strong evidence or they could be facing a slander/libel suit.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I wish people wouldn't go straight to the race card. Completely destroys any credibility of their claim. I mean, it sounds like they have a legitimate complaint but now they just sound nuts. Racism is a terrible thing to claim so I would hope they have some strong evidence or they could be facing a slander/libel suit.
    An attorney for Rivertown points to a judge's ruling that Smith demolished 75% of the inside of the building, leading to his eviction.
    Its right there in the article...they were evicted because they destroyed 75% of the interior in the "remodel". Before you start moving walls, might want to get the land lord's permission.

That's a compelling point. I was wondering what they were thinking regarding that!

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Its right there in the article...they were evicted because they destroyed 75% of the interior in the "remodel". Before you start moving walls, might want to get the land lord's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's a compelling point. I was wondering what they were thinking regarding that!

Perhaps it is a compelling point regarding the eviction of Darnell Smith
    , the owner of the Tangerine Room next to Atwater Brewery, whose troubles are covered in the article along with the Himelhoch tenants.

It is NOT a compelling point regarding the eviction of Hall and Watson of Mo Better Blues since it is not something that they did. Before everyone keeps referencing that "75%" figure they should read the article again.