Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default BIG Thank You to Sumas and Ronaldj

I was watching an old favorite show The West Wing on Netflix while scrolling through e mails, Facebook and Dyes when my power went out. I lost all power in my basement apt Wednesday afternoon. My room has no windows and I rely on a space heater to keep my small room warm. I sat in the dark while the room chilled and after a few phone calls I realized power wasn't going to be restored until the next day. I called Sumas and explained my situation and she immediately dispatched Ronaldj over to pick me up. I was met with a drink at the door, hummus, pita bread and olives. We had a great night chatting, lounging around gossiping about you all as well as praising you all. I got to roll on the floor with all my favorite dogs that stay there like Turkey Loaf, Sarge, and even Noneyet the ding dong. We watched cold case files on tv for a few episodes and when I woke Sumas had tacos, meatballs and mashed potatoes with peas for an early lunch.
    Sumas catches lot of shit here it seems and you all should know that both her and her husband do quite bit for people, going out of their way to help and many times they're good to a fault.

Thank you Sumas and Ronaldj

No thumbs up icon on here, so big thumbs up.

Warm thoughts to you, Sumas and Ronaldj. <3

Well Said!!!!

For sure sounds like you were able to made lemonade from lemons Dj. Awesome!

Heat being off is NO JOKE!! Mine was out at the beginning of this winter for two days [[during that first cold snap we had in late November).
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-16-15 at 12:59 PM.

Where's the "like" button for this post?

Yeah, Sumas gets a lot of crap here...But I think her and Ron are Awesome!!

Sromberg2

I don't check the "connections" often, but was a nice thread to see. People helping people. And being greeted with hummus, pita and olives - yum!

Sumas here, taking a short hiatus from DY, some of the hate stuff got a little intense. RJ, told me about Djangos kind comments so I felt compelled to log in.

So many wonderful people, info and personal friends made from being on the board.

Django is right RJ and I would do about anything for anyone and have indeed given the coat off my back a few times to the homeless, he was kind enough, to not mention, I can be a perfect bitch. Hey, have to be really good at something.

I'll split my post because I want to say some great things about Django too but am called away for a bit.
    Last edited by sumas; January-16-15 at 08:39 PM.

The love fest starts. Django, you are like a brother, a friend, a son all rolled into one. We met Django when he posted on the now defunct classified section. We hired him and at least for us, instant bond.

We were taking care of my mom, he fixed things, kept our spirits up and was all kindness to my Mom. If we needed to get out he would babysit her. He was over once and she collapsed, he picked her up and carried her to the car and sat with us in emergency. Another time, we had this huge snow storm, DJ had the use of one of our cars, I tried to shovel us out but wasn't making much headway. Like a knight, through 9 " of snow, here comes DJ, took care of everything. So many more stories like that. He probably doesn't even remember half of his kindnesses to us. I could go on and on. There has been reciprocity both ways.

Isn't that is what friendship is about?
    Last edited by sumas; January-16-15 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Sumas here, taking a short hiatus from DY, some of the hate stuff got a little intense. RJ, told me about Djangos kind comments so I felt compelled to log in.

So many wonderful people, info and personal friends made from being on the board.

Django is right RJ and I would do about anything for anyone and have indeed given the coat off my back a few times to the homeless, he was kind enough, to not mention, I can be a perfect bitch. Hey, have to be really good at something.

I'll split my post because I want to say some great things about Django too but am called away for a bit.
    Taking a short hiatus is not a bad thing from time to time. Sometimes the vitriol is a bit taxing, isn't it?

[[Like]] and I would love it all posts were this sunny.

A definite like and thank you to Django for his OPost, and to Sumas for telling it the way it is. The world, our lives are highly imperfect, but we do have the sunshine, our silly dogs, and Pita and hummus to make us happy through it all, with friends.

Cheers to Sumas, Ron and Django!

Thanks Canuck.
    Sumas has a book for you but I forgot to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Thanks Canuck.
    Sumas has a book for you but I forgot to sign it.
    Thanks for reminding me, I bought the mailers today, I promised photos for Canuck too but won't get them printed until Monday. Today being Sunday, Jim is coming for dinner from the [[gasp) wastelands of Brightmore in the "holy spirit". If I catch up with you, Jim could pick you up and maybe finish taking pics of the area, my photography skills are poor. You could sign the book then.

Here is further enticement, I have the fireplace ready to go with aged apple and cherry wood. Further enticement, appetizers...artichoke dip [[your recipe) & spiced sausage.Listen to a cd Canuck sent. Maybe some motown.

I am a little tired of traditional company Sunday meals, so thinking dinty moores and or reubens in a flat bread wrap, cheese potato casserole and Maurice salad. The best butter cookies for desert. Of course let the Vodka flow. Talk later.

This is a very pleasant thread. Pretty cool to see that strong friendships of been forged through DertoitYes! I lurked for several years before I joined and posted and always thought that the picnics sounded fun. I really enjoy the people here who share their passion for our city.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    This is a very pleasant thread. Pretty cool to see that strong friendships of been forged through DertoitYes! I lurked for several years before I joined and posted and always thought that the picnics sounded fun. I really enjoy the people here who share their passion for our city.
    Pleasant is a lovely word. Many friendships have indeed been forged and forumers are mostly engaging people.

Our "at home" intentionally pretentious verbage, 'cause us Detroiters of course, have no education or social skills. it was nice, only thing wrong was... we never did start the fireplace up.

For our Canadian friends, listened to Canadian public radio the whole time. Excellent programing!