Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
Sorry that I'm not a fan of riding a Shinola bike from the suburbs to downtown like you. I cherish my own personal safety by riding around inside a 4,600 lbs safety box. I don't car pool. I use my own private car during major events. I've seen a lot of others do it too. Downtown does have a lot of major events and I've seen traffic lined up for blocks to get parking during major events plus parking gets quite expensive during major events [[in some lots as high as 50 bucks a day because there isn't enough parking). I've also been stuck on the highway for half an hour to get on the offramp exit to downtown during a major event. This is called the motor city because it was supposed to be built for cars. I don't personally know anyone out of town that visits downtown with anything other than a car.

There is a need for more parking in downtown and hotels in downtown should have their own parking lots. Period.
plan accordingly and quit whining. it is a major city and cars/parking is an issue in all of them. also, if im in town visiting a place the last thing im doing is using my car regularly. i will use public transportation or cab/uber to any destination.