Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Yup! Frozen ground thaws out in two weeks, and time is made up just by saying-so. Piece of cake!

I'm sure the project has a well-versed construction manager who has put together a reasonable schedule--it's not like winter is an unanticipated condition in Detroit. At least the excavating contractor doesn't have to worry about undermining any adjacent buildings.
    Okay, GP, I'll reveal my method for forecasting the two weeks:

Normally, D.C. cherry blossoms are expected peak bloom roughly April 1.

This year the forecast is April 15.

Based on that bit of datum, I surmised that mother nature would be two weeks behind in D.C. and by extrapolation to Detroit also.

Bingo...

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Okay, GP, I'll reveal my method for forecasting the two weeks:

Normally, D.C. cherry blossoms are expected peak bloom roughly April 1.

This year the forecast is April 15.

Based on that bit of datum, I surmised that mother nature would be two weeks behind in D.C. and by extrapolation to Detroit also.

Bingo...
    And then, hooray! After decades of scorched-earth destruction, Ilitch's--er, DDA's--vacant lots will be filled with this miraculous shopping/parking/hockeyplex:

Name:  columbusjpg-72a18de23d18d898.jpg
Views: 2498
Size:  56.1 KB

Maybe even one of them fancy Gordon Biersch beer places will open there too!

There's a newly arrived postcard from Councilman Gabe Leland [[district 7): Arena District Jobs Fair to be held Wednesday, June 17th, at Don Bosco Hall in Detroit: 19321 W. Chicago, 48228. Time: 9 a.m. - 3 pm. further updates at www.districtdetroit.com

Thought this was funny. Can you imagine anyone other than the ilitch family advertising their parking lots so proudly?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by restoretheroar View Post
    Thought this was funny. Can you imagine anyone other than the ilitch family advertising their parking lots so proudly?
    Thought it was mildly clever until I read your post and realized it's a real ad. Avoid the dangers of panhandlers and exercise!

Saw this on Crains Detroit today...

Bills would give Huntington Place new funding, flexibility as it seeks to lure hotel on JLA site

New bills quickly advancing in the Legislature would authorize the authority that oversees Detroit's convention center to enter into public-private arrangements, increase its funding, and expand the facility's definition to include nearby roads.The bills would also extend a $5 million annual subsidy for the QLine streetcar for an additional 17 years.
    The Republican-led Senate approved the measures 24-12 and 27-10 on Tuesday after discharging them from a committee, which held no hearing since their introduction about three weeks ago. The Republican-controlled House could vote on the legislation next week before adjourning for the year.
    The impetus is "allowing Huntington Place to have a little more money, a little more flexibility," said the sponsor, Republican Sen. Wayne Schmidt of Traverse City.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/politi...ntington-place