Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: White Castle

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    "Jesus Christ Super Star"??? No, I'm not one to spend precious time on fiction, I have never seen that play. I prefer reality. I do not get down on my knees and beg and plead in front of clay statues. But more power to you if that is what you do.

When one feels the need to go on and on and on and on boasting about how respected or respectable they are the reality is usually quite the opposite. Truly respectable people do not go around telling folks that they are such. Fantasy is rather sad. Humility is a virtue.

God bless you. I will keep you in prayers.
    Like Sumas... I too heard all your comments and thought you were mimic'ing that Jesus Christ Superstar rock opera. An Andew Lloyd Weber opera that was absolute reviled by mainstream religious groups back then for being hippy-esque, even blasphemous.

One doesn't have to be a gentile to enjoy it, no more than one would have to be of Asian extraction to enjoy the opera Turandot, which is indeed not based on reality.

But from a Judeo-Christian perspective, your bashing other religions [[especially if you yourself are religious) was a bit much... made some of our more militant atheists seem downright tame....

And as for other people's discussions on this thread being Detroit related? Really... that's a point of argument? I don't think that as we were young that we looked at where a company was HQed when deciding where we hung out.

Any business headquartered anywhere on the planet that has a location "in metro Detroit" is acceptable for discussion here... as long as people have personal stories to tell....
    Last edited by Gistok; January-06-15 at 01:37 PM.

White Castle is a fine tradition in Detroit. Sorry I dicovered it after 39 years. Not every day fare but excellent when in the mood.

Well stated. Let's go forward on what started out as a good reminiscent thread without the bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ....Any business headquartered anywhere on the planet that has a location "in metro Detroit" is acceptable for discussion here... as long as people have personal stories to tell....
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-06-15 at 01:32 AM.

Noticed that the sign at the WC on Fort near Southfield was advertising the veggie burgers.

DetroitBoy Guest

White Castle veggie sliders on MSNBC's Morning Joe!

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wat...s-380037187792

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4