For historical purposes, below are links to the previous new year prediction threads:
And here we go:
- Thanks to the passage of new legislation allowing billboards on buildings, Ilitch announces a new "Times Square Michigan" complex at Woodward and Columbia.
- Nearby, the new arena starts to take shape.
- The rails for M-1 Rail are installed as far north as I-94.
- The Tigers win the division for the fifth consecutive season.
- The success of Gold Cash Gold results in the extension of the city's regeneration onto Michigan Avenue which extends through Corktown, resulting in...
- ...a surprise announcement that MCS will once again be the city's central train station.
- SMART continues it's project to replace their entire fixed-route fleet.
- The Red Wings make another playoff appearance, but crash and burn in the first round.
- The rebuilding of the Lions continues.
- After loosing Target, traffic at Northland will have decreased to the point that Macy's places their store there on a list of stores closing this year.
Add your predictions.