Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Agree 100% with this entire post, especially the bold type.
    PD signs up for the job, knows and assumes the risks. Victims of police harrassment are not signing up for the harrassment

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Yep, that is purely it. Crimestoppers was quick to offer a fair amount to find the killer of the GP girl. The local rags have run nonstop articles praising her as a saint. Certainly the same treatment all young victims in the city get. DPD has had tons of statements about it.

Call me what you will but the press and DPD have made it clear her life is more important than any other victim in the city. Sad that you don't see it. Even more sad is that you seem to imply that parents in the city don't value their kids. Some don't, the majority do.
    I didn't imply shit, you did. Move on to someone else.

PD signs up for the job, knows and assumes the risks. Victims of police harrassment are not signing up for the harrassment
    Tell the "victims" to cooperate instead of defy...tell them to obey the law instead of breaking it, tell them to comply with a direct order from a police officer [[whether they feel it's justified or not), instead of vocalizing their disrespect for the officer and his/her mother...then, and only then, will things begin to improve. There is a total disrespect for the police AND there is a total lack of respect for laws that they don't feel are for them.

I really implore all of you who feel the police are bad people to call someone else other than dialing 911 when your live-in is beating the crap out of you or when your drug dealer is shooting at you because you didn't pay up, or when your little girl or boy gets abused by someone. The police have better things to do than to come running to your side only to be threatened, yelled at, spit on, shot at or any other hurtful things you think they deserve. You people who feel cops are terrible killers of young black children make me sick....look at the statistics on who is killing your children.
    Last edited by cla1945; January-01-15 at 09:27 PM.

Jt1, let me ask you something...With this statement are you actually making the case that police officers are not entitled to defending themselves when they feel there is a direct threat? Taking it a step further, are our military men and women also not allowed to defend themselves simply because they knew the inherent risk?

In MOST of the instances of "questionable" actions taken by police officers, the "victim" is not exactly innocent. Using Michael Brown as an example, his actions just prior to the incident with Officer Darren Wilson show that this was not just some poor helpless kid minding his own business when he was killed. I'm not making the argument that in all of these circumstances the outcome should have been as it was. I am making the argument that a Detroit citizen following the laws and regulations put in place have virtually nothing to worry about when it comes to police. With all of the problems that the city of Detroit faces, do you really think the DPD has the time, resources, or willingness to go around harassing law abiding citizens???

Oh, and one other thing...keep it classy iheartthed. Nothing in my previous quote was racist and I do not appreciate the baiting. Maybe in your free time you can look up the definition of the word racism because its clearly something you misunderstand.
    Last edited by Nem; January-01-15 at 07:44 PM.

In year 2014 some of the largest most elaborate "tags" in Warrendale on the west
    side of Detroit were "LA247". There is a "247" in the image in the article. I would say
    that the image may have been intended as a gang threat to police. They may as
    well take it as a death threat and act cautiously. I know very little about "LA247".
    I don't remember any "LA247" tags from before 2014.

Yep, that is purely it. Crimestoppers was quick to offer a fair amount to find the killer of the GP girl. The local rags have run nonstop articles praising her as a saint. Certainly the same treatment all young victims in the city get. DPD has had tons of statements about it.

Call me what you will but the press and DPD have made it clear her life is more important than any other victim in the city. Sad that you don't see it. Even more sad is that you seem to imply that parents in the city don't value their kids. Some don't, the majority do.
    I have to agree with you jt. I don't remember this much outpouring for the 2 teens from Westland who were killed a couple of years ago on the east side. Maybe because they were guys. Maybe because they were from Westland, not GP. Maybe because it was known they were looking to buy drugs. Who knows?
    Additionally, I haven't seen as much coverage for that 11 y.o. girl who was recently raped in Highland Park either. At least Malik Shabazz is leading the charge to get her justice. I hope they can find ALL the offenders.

Yep, that kid in Cleveland deserved it. Your rhetoric and attempt to state things in an unbiased manner is garbage. Just call it how you really see it because your 'fair' way of looking at things is garbage.
    That poor kid sure didn't deserve to die. That was terrible.

What does that have to do with anything at all. Nothing happened there that was what anybody deserved. The young man did not deserve to die, but die he did.

Now all we can do is our best to make the future better. And I don't see how irresponsible generalization of police based on this terrible event helps anybody.

Interesting...

My take on all this is at first glance the mural was a reaction.

Newtons 3rd Law states, For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. But that ain't necessarily true when dealing with people.

Then it struck me that this is a case of Karma.

"The law of karma states, that every action performed in life creates another reaction which in turn produces a new counter action. Thus an endless chain of actions and reactions is produced which binds the living entity to his good and bad deeds. This is the way how karma works. It creates an action and another reaction simultaneously and this increases the chain of material activities." I ripped that from a Yoga manual.

Now if the powers that be influence and demand that a reaction not occur then something is wrong. The balance is not there.

Things seem to have gotten mean out there but I think it has always been so. Today the news travels fast and bad news travels quicker.

That Karma didn't just start when that trigger was pulled it was a result of actions that came before. That mural is a reaction to what came before and so on and so on.

The bible says reap what you sow. A totalitarian government says STFU and take it or else.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; January-02-15 at 12:44 PM.

Attachment 25407
    Neither is this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    I didn't imply shit, you did. Move on to someone else.
    I like those lines, can I borrow it? Especially "move on to someone else".

The written word is often subject to misinterpretation.

It is true however that us city dwellers get way less coverage regarding crime than cute white suburban kids. I am sick at heart over any criminal action. No problems reporting what I do see. Don't care about rewards, just people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Interesting...

My take on all this is at first glance the mural was a reaction.

Newtons 3rd Law states, For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. But that ain't necessarily true when dealing with people.

Then it struck me that this is a case of Karma.

"The law of karma states, that every action performed in life creates another reaction which in turn produces a new counter action. Thus an endless chain of actions and reactions is produced which binds the living entity to his good and bad deeds. This is the way how karma works. It creates an action and another reaction simultaneously and this increases the chain of material activities." I ripped that from a Yoga manual.

Now if the powers that be influence and demand that a reaction not occur then something is wrong. The balance is not there.

Things seem to have gotten mean out there but I think it has always been so. Today the news travels fast and bad news travels quicker.

That Karma didn't just start when that trigger was pulled it was a result of actions that came before. That mural is a reaction to what came before and so on and so on.

The bible says reap what you sow. A totalitarian government says STFU and take it or else.
    Mister Dan, frankly you surprised me with comments regarding Karma. Nice post.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...lism/22860349/

On one hand I'd take that sort of art over ugly random diarhea of paint.

On the other it's good to see criminals caught.

And yet on the other it's kind of sad more effort was put into this than scrapping, and burglaries, and car theft/jacking, and some murders.

Not to be outdone by the 16-year-old scribblers from Grosse Pointe, now we've got 19-year-olds from Oakland County who painted a super edgy picture. Definitely the next level of graffiti mischief. Of course, since it wasn't a Gilbert building that was targeted, it's the fact that their image was so unsavory that got them in trouble.

Gilbert might seek a life sentence on these folks if it was his property...

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...lism/22860349/

On one hand I'd take that sort of art over ugly random diarhea of paint.

On the other it's good to see criminals caught.

And yet on the other it's kind of sad more effort was put into this than scrapping, and burglaries, and car theft/jacking, and some murders.
    More effort was put into it based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Actually being investigated, followed up on and solved?

All graffiti is garbage. Those who engage in defacing property should have their thumbs removed. On the other hand, if there was no graffiti, Detroit would collapse. It's the only thing holding everything together.

Take your shots. I'm just having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Based on number of posts, definitely more effort.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3