Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    First take a deep breath and relax. You sound like someone burned your house down... Not really sure why this is such a touchy subject with you.
    its not even remotely in the area code of touchy... its a topic of conversation. It is literally front page news on every local news outlet, its "breaking news" on national sports news outlets, and its all over the interwebs.

Hoke had a below .500 record before Michigan with small schools. Harbaugh took Stanford to new heights
    New heights? Stanford had some success before St. Jim arrived. I mean, shit...Ty Willingham ring any bells? Look he was there for 4 years and had Andrew Luck as his QB.... I think that helps. and his successor isn't' a slouch either.
    and then he took the SF 49ers to 3 straight NFC Championships and a loss to his brother in the Super Bowl.
    ...and the team he took there just unceremoniously fired him. Shouldn't that raise some questions? I think that if this were any other school beside UM, there'd be some head scratching about the pay and the cloud under which he's leaving a team where he had enormous success. Heck they didn't even have a losing record this year. are the 49ers that f'ed up as an organization or is Harbaugh that difficult to work with?
    To compare Hoke to Harbaugh is like comparing a Ford Focus to a BMW.
    I'm not doing that, I'm noting the the hype that Hoke received upon arrival in AA was pretty similar in "this is MEEEchigan fergodsakes"/Get your Indy hotel rooms now for 2015 chest thumping.

I didn't want to bring this up but it sounds like you're a MSU fan. Just can't explain your behavior in this thread. Its bizarre.
    and everyone having a collective orgasm over the hire is an impartial observer? Look, how is it "bizarre" to be somewhat perplexed at the money and the hype for Harbaugh here? This would make sense at a school that is committed to doing what it takes to win football championships like OSU or other top tier programs. Seems like money wasted if UM isn't going to turn a blind eye to what needs to be done to get those Dr. Pepper Trophies.

Look I'm beyond relaxed. We're talking about a football coach after all. I find this entertaining after watching the last two hires light the dumpster fire that is football in AA after both of them came in with similar hype about how they were going to right the ship and restore UM to it's rightful place among the pantheon of Half national championship holders in the modern era of football. I'm interested to see, now that UM fanbase has the coach they claim is the living embodiment of Bo, what the excuse will be when UM isn't winning NCs every year. [[something that Bo didn't do either...but is just bizarre to point out)
    Last edited by bailey; December-29-14 at 04:51 PM.