Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Some homes in certain parts of Birmingham are ridiculously priced. For instance, in the 14 Mile and Woodward area, they have numerous, small [[800 to 1400 sq ft) homes listed for $150,000 dollars and up. I see the same type of homes in older areas of Detroit, that cost a 1/4 of that, not to mention high ass property taxes. I know...location..location.. location, still doesn't make it right.
    The market is set by an agreement between buyers and sellers. If you wish to make this 'right', you should pay what you think it is worth. You can do so repeatedly until the market catches up with your price. If you are right, you can make a lot of money. If you're wrong, you can lose a lot of money.

I always thought of home ownership as a bit of myth. Don't pay taxes and de GOvMnt store comes and takes it away. Obviously a reference to ,"I owe my soul to the company store".

I have tremendous respect for the Detroit Eviction Defense group. It serves no greater good to evict people to get homes scrapped and burnt.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I always thought of home ownership as a bit of myth. Don't pay taxes and de GOvMnt store comes and takes it away. Obviously a reference to ,"I owe my soul to the company store".

I have tremendous respect for the Detroit Eviction Defense group. It serves no greater good to evict people to get homes scrapped and burnt.
    Orderly commerce and trade has contributed mightily to the wealth that benefits all our citizens.

You can debate who is a citizen, and the degree of benefit, and the equity of the distribution as you see to wish. There certainly are exceptions, but you really can't dispute that the American standard of exceeds most of the world, as they are really perpetuating crimes against the disadvantaged.

Eviction sucks. But it is necessary in some cases. Hats off to those who help the poor. Kicks to those who think that unrestricted giving is help to the poor.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; December-27-14 at 03:11 PM. Reason: clarify final sentence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2