Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    First report I read said they claimed it was road rage - that I could believe. Rage causes you to shoot someone 30 times, not trying to stiff a dealer twenty bucks.
    road rage makes a heck of a lot more sense than any of the other theories flying around.
    my friend thought it was a failed carjacking.

after reading the entire thread, i have my own theory that no one has made yet.

they were shot at by a person who doesnt like blacks and whites to associate with each other! probably resides from grosse point, who followed them from gpw to detroit and finally saw his chance.
    Last edited by compn; December-25-14 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    This incident is being tagged as a 'robbery gone wrong' internationally at this point:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...one-wrong.html
    Fixed it... couldn't resist ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    road rage makes a heck of a lot more sense than any of the other theories flying around.
    my friend thought it was a failed carjacking.

after reading the entire thread, i have my own theory that no one has made yet.

they were shot at by a person who doesnt like blacks and whites to associate with each other! probably resides from grosse point, who followed them from gpw to detroit and finally saw his chance.
    Man I would love to fix this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Man I would love to fix this post...
    Because it makes sense to you, or because it's unbelievable?

I revised the original as well. Thank ya......

Fixed it... couldn't resist ;-)

Hard to tell who revised what at this point. Sick stuff.

DetroitBoy Guest

There are too many unanswered questions involving this incident to make any conclusion about what actually happened that night. GP teens supposedly looking for someone's brother in a deserted area of the city. It was reported they were going to a movie. Where? They stopped to smoke pot. Why would they do that if they were looking for someone's brother? What are the relationships between the victims. How is it that teens from GP find themselves in a car with a kid from Detroit's lower east side? How do they know each other and how is it that they ended up together that night? How do the girls from South know a girl honor student from the Woods who attends ULS? How is it that a gunman with a bullet proof vest fires 30 rounds at a car load of kids with no provocation other than they were sitting on a deserted street ? The kids were not driving a fancy car and there was no other indication they had a lot of cash or items that would make a gun man of that caliber bother with them. Did they run into him somewhere prior to the incident and have an altercation? If it was road rage, where did this occur? On a street in an area with little traffic because there is nothing there?

The facts of what is currently known about this incident don't add up to any logical conclusion. Maybe there is a lot more that is known than has been released. Maybe we will never know what actually happened. This is a horrendous incident for the families, GP and Detroit. The question is: Where do we go from here? Will community leaders in both cities FINALLY come together to say 'enough is enough'. Will they ever begin to LEAD their communities toward improving the relationship between both sides of the border or will they continue to stand back and let this incident become more fodder to further fuel the racial tensions which continue to destroy any potential for improving the quality of life for ALL of us?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Because it makes sense to you, or because it's unbelievable?
    Neither, I would just change a few key words and spin it around in an equally ridiculous observation.

Quote Originally Posted by MAcc View Post
    Detroitboy, don't overthink it, you nailed it the other day. The bottom-rung of the Pointes has changed dramatically in the last ten years. I'm sure none of these kids or their parents are GP lifers, they're from the other side of the tracks. On those twitters, I saw kids who were former Detroiters reppin' GPS, no snitchin', middle fingers, weed, glorifying street culture, and chasing white girls. The others, as you said, former Eastpoint, etc. middle class snatching up sub $180,000 homes.

Even if the Detroit proper boy doesn't attend GPS, one of his cousins certainly does, so he's "plugged" with GPS students one way or another.

As for those attacking me: You should direct your energy towards the parents who let their daughters roll around "the trap" looking for thrills. Or the parents of the teen driver of the car, who legally shouldn't have more than one teen in the car [[not 4). Or the dead girl's "friends" who are right back to business as usual after one or two RIP tweets. This story will be forgotten in a week, just like WSU law student Tiane Brown's unsolved kidnapping and murder one year ago. The violent crime in this region has a numbing and desensitizing effect on everyone.

You won't be able to do anything positive to pull the bottom rung ones out of their mentalscape. Much less so with the ghetto side of Alter Road. There have to be smart ways of fencing in all sides without eliciting the kind of uppity responses a dumb barnraising did earlier in the year. What the region needs is more subtle ways of dealing with the culture of ghetto life. I agree with you that the violence is numbing and that the only solution seems to be to further divide people in order to control behavior.

The Detroit proper boy is most likely a fraud as you say, and it is something that won't be overcome by reaching out, and being inclusive. Hell no! Merry Christmas MAcc!

So sad that it now has devolved to 1st, 2nd, 3 third class citizens. Some thing is seriously wrong with a few posters. Trust me, know more then a few rich priveledged kids that went a bad path' They have my concern and pity too.

A young girl died and a few seem worried if she was elite enough and suggested she must have been one of those "free load" free school type kids that the the elite tolerate to raise the brain gene pool of their schools.

No one knows if she was rich or poor. It should not make a difference.

I keep coming back to the 30 ROUNDS that were fired. Sounds to me like a hate crime, which it will never be called because the deceased is white.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    I keep coming back to the 30 ROUNDS that were fired. Sounds to me like a hate crime, which it will never be called because the deceased is white.

Yes, life is unfair, and death is the great equalizer.

I have my theories too about what went down. Bet if this gets followed by police and press and I bet I am close to truth.

A story I shared a while back about drug procurerment. A friend in home hospice wanted weed, his supplier was out. Dumbly I volunteered to acquire same. I went to a GpP,high school kid, who I might add, does not do drugs... but no problem, he hooked me up with a supplier in the hood. Went to a desolate part of the city made the transaction in some seemy liquor store parking lot. Scared the piss out of me. Never do that again!

By the way his regular supplier was a white mailman. Retired to Florida.

For the record and as have stated before. Legalize drugs, people can get help or just their daily fix. Grow weed legally.

So not my thing, but I believe that is a good path to follow. Watch crime drop. OOps I forget crime only happens in Detroit.

The gleeful comments when things go south in Detroit are plentiful. I could of course chronicle the bizarre crimes in suburbs lately but I don't prey on sadness and loss.

Canuck will you edit -> delete your post at 3:08. I removed some things you quoted that I regret posting. God bless.

I kind of feel for you on this one. I would gladly oblige. I am not posting and pining for posterity, but it is a bizarre request to make. I am rereading your post of 11:29 and getting the same message, the same intent. I would delete my post if you did the same altogether, did you change your mind about something that just sounds bad or are you genuinely sorry for posting an inappropriate opinion?

My postings on this thread have been completely ironic, in spite of the seriousness of the topic, I don't regret doing this. I rarely do this except for smaller matters, but I was a bit nonplussed by the comments about Detroit and Grosse Pointe kids unnaturally mixing. I was surprised at the candid disclosure of emotions concerning educational opportunities forked out to undeserving, fraudulent teens from the wrong side of the tracks, fence, border, mindscape, cultural divide, civilization, etc...

I would gladly erase what I have written, but something would be lost; not pleasure, but educational purpose, even if only for my own remembrance of things past in old age, if I am so awarded. Dog bless, indeed.

Deleted.

I am seized with this story and pray the killer is brought to justice. A 4-point student at a $24,000 prep school, hospital volunteering, on her way to becoming a doctor, dinner with grand parents a few times a week, her parents live in a very impressive Farms house...gunned down two days before Christmas, one day before her little brother's birthday, when her big sister is visiting home from college. And we discover she was buying drugs with a boy named Demetrius, who lives in complete squalor in Detroit, who allegedly lied to police about what exactly happened.

Who the hell brought these two kids together? I am saddened and perplexed.

Complete squalor is a relative term. Demetrius is also suffering, he is a survivor. I doubt that this is the last we hear of this case as it demonstrates a very profound gash in Detroit's carapace.

What I hear from you is that you are dismayed by the joining of two very different realities, two groups of humans who happened to meet a bad fate, some worse than others.

The boys in this drama were victims too, the fact that black teens are more likely to hurt or get hurt is not lost on anyone here, it just doesn't justify excluding Detroit's African-American youth from educational or social opportunities. We are what we learn, and this is reflected in the choices some youths are left with when exclusion from a bigger pool of choices is taken away.

Who the hell brought these kids together?

The first bursts of opinion from posters on this thread were defamatory or derogatory in regard to Paige. There was an immediate and sustained series of comments on her trashy upbringing. You may have found out that such was not the case. You write in your edited post that you are sure the girl was not one of the GP Lifers, that she didn't belong...

Who does belong to what club, community or nation that doesn't deserve to be respected from an early age. Is it any wonder that these kids display insanely nihilistic posturing as the new norm? She may have been above the madness that targets less fortunate kids; black or white.

She may be a casualty of the sort that reinforces the ghetto or helps break it. I don't know.
    You know that kids can be brilliant in sports and academics and still fuck up big time at a moment's notice, we are all mortal and make mistakes, these kids were shot by someone that has to be found and punished, I don't care for the word rehabilitated right now.

I can delete all the posts I wrote, but in your edited and latest post, I still read the opinion that made me interject. I don't get the reason for editing or deleting. You can change your opinion and state clearly your intent; that is a good start to making amends. Either way, you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. No bad feelings, Macc.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I can delete all the posts I wrote, but in your edited and latest post, I still read the opinion that made me interject. I don't get the reason for editing or deleting. You can change your opinion and state clearly your intent; that is a good start to making amends. Either way, you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. No bad feelings, Macc.
    I'm not into editing for anything other than spelling and grammar errors, typos, and clearly offensive language spit out in the heat of a moment.

Half of the time I quote a post, it is because I don't want a poster to change their words or delete them...too often the continuity of a discussion is lost when someone self-deletes. The only purpose I can imagine of self-deletion is to cover one's ass.

I didn't read closely enough to see where it might've been done here, but I'm with ya, Canuck. I wouldn't delete a bit of your contributions.

Sincerely,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Im sorry for the loss, but was not the girls that got caught spray painting a Dan Gilbert building from the Pointes too

and? Im trying to follow your logic here. What does spraypainting a dan gilbert building have to do with kids from GP getting shot on the east side?

Thank you John, that makes a whole Lotta sense to me.

MAcc, John said it all. Our circumstances are all different from one neighborhood or city to another but we are all related by choice. We are all here to communicate ideas and opinions and should allow our mistakes to live on and edit our thoughts via new posts such as a change of opinion. Like John says, I correct spelling mistakes or a turn of phrase often for a short time after putting it out there.

MAcc don't sweat it. Your first analysis was statistically and metaphorically correct. This young girl and the surviving girls are the anamolies.

Back in the day when Heroin was the drug du jour, I was witness to many suburban kids of higher rank, "slummin" if you will, in our areas of Detroit. Seen many go down the drain, end up in the justice system and a few dead.

These kid's weren't raised in our environs and basically had no street smarts.

Thank you Gannon and Canuck. Always a pleasure to hear voices of reason and compassion.

My sons are adults now and I am always a little astounded to hear after the fact some crazy things they did as teens. Fortunately they stayed un harmed.

I love my city and my neighborhood but there really are places no one should go. I almost feel like I should go into the burb schools and do a Detroit 101 class. I am certainly not trashing my city but any life lost is to be mourned. I am pretty fearless on occaison but please tell kids stay away from parks anywhere after dark that are un monitered. Don't hang out near drug houses and avoid low income housing as a place to hang out. The police did stings on the eastside and worthy people applauded as evil was removed.

To be poor is not a crime...so many good people left in the city. Don't give a crap about a financial statement from people I know. It is enough to know they have soul and a good heart.

Decriminalize drugs and the crime rate will drop.

Pretty ironic that MAcc want his asinine comments scrubbed from a board on the internet because he "regrets" his statements.

People are also defending your posting of silly kids and their online antics, brought about because THEY ARE KIDS, by saying that once you put out something publicly it is out there for all. So kids should "know better" about what to post on the internet. So what is your excuse? You sound old enough to know better.

So you don't know know how the internet works?!? Why should others be shielded from your ignorant comments? They should be there for all eternity for the world to see.

Let me get this straight. There were 4 teens in the car. Three white teenage girls from Grosse Pointe Park [[Richville). One poor black Detroit teenage boy. There were going to the movies and have fun. Before they can do the outing, they drove their fancy car at a blighted East Side Detroit ghetto hood to get high on drugs. Suddenly some black male wearing military gear carrying a semi-automatic weapon came up to the fancy car and open fire. Killing one teenage girl, injuring two and one got away and tell the police and its families.

Sounds like those kids were targeted at the wrong place at the wrong time in a botched robbery!

My question how those richville teens hang out with a poor black Detroiter that looks like Lil'Wayne! How did those Richville teens connect to street drugs? Is it from a poor black Detroit kid they came in contact while they in school? Or something else when white kids from the suburbs come to Detroit ghetto hoods looking for some street pharmacists they could get high? One thing is for sure kids getting into peer pressure and groupie cliques for no reason are likely to be dead sooner or later.

I haven't got the time to go through all 7 pages of this thread but I've got a strong opinion on the issue of editing "quoted" material.

Once you hit that submit button, your post is fair game and it can and will be re-quoted multiple times - so it's always best to re-read it first before submitting.

I think it is highly unethical for anyone to edit someone else's quoted material that is contained in their post, but hey, that's just me. I've had posts that I submitted here on DY [[and which I never edited) get included as a "quote" in someone's reply but which were first revised by that person to read differently from what I had written so as to make it appear that I endorsed a different position. There was nothing I could do about it - when I complained I was told that the "there, I fixed it for you" meme is simply a game and those with a differing point of view should expect to get fucked with.

So MAcc, that's the way it rolls here on DY. You're foolish to ask anyone to edit your quoted text. They can - and possibly will - make it read even more different than what you originally wrote. Live with it, or just don't post here. I've since taken mostly the latter approach.

MAcc don't sweat it. Your first analysis was statistically and metaphorically correct. This young girl and the surviving girls are the anamolies.

These kid's weren't raised in our environs and basically had no street smarts.

Dan
    Your "street smarts" comment is spot on and likely the genesis of her/their demise. While the pictures posted a few pages back clearly indicate these GP kids from the other side of Alter rd were attempting to "live the Ghetto life" the environment they ended up in that night show just how far they were out of the comfy element they grew up in.
    A very sad and tragic ending, I can't even imagine what those parents are going thru.

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    While the pictures posted a few pages back clearly indicate these GP kids from the other side of Alter rd were attempting to "live the Ghetto life" the environment they ended up in that night show just how far they were out of the comfy element they grew up in.
    Especially tragic because this wouldn't have been an issue if the federal government hadn't scheduled one of the most popular medicinal herbs humankind has ever known as a dangerous drug. It would be fitting if Paige Stalker became the cause to finally end personal use prohibitions.

I'm quite sure there were stories like this during the Purple Gang era of Prohibition. They were the ones who brought automatic weapons to the streets. Once Prohibition was repealed, the whole black marketplace lost its power...and reason for being. Risks to casual drinkers and innocent bystanders disappeared overnight.

And thanks for that reply MAcc, I understand more fully now...but most have learned how to skim past posts they find cumbersome or troubling. At least I hope so...but I think electronic conversations are precious commodities, able to bring us together in conversation outside of the boundaries of time restrictions, and largely devoid of preconceived notions [[although it seems human nature to remember those who've affected you). We can re-read a comment to learn where we might've misunderstood...or post another explanation if we were misunderstood...but no matter, the continuity of the conversation is highest priority. Editing destroys that.

I'm grappling with this in the wake of the news reports of Paige's grandparents seeking to control the dialogue of how their grandchild is remembered. Sure, we all have issues with the apparent lack of clarity of how she ended up in that place and time...but nothing compared with her family and closest friends.

My take on this is one of the best things that could come out of this would be the full legalization of cannabis. Take it OUT of the ghetto marketplaces, or at least kill their relative monopoly on distribution of this abused wonder herb. Make it so nobody ever has to risk their lives to express a basic personal choice...which should never have been made criminal in the first place. Just like the failure of Prohibition, when it ends the turmoil in the streets will all but vanish.
    Last edited by Gannon; December-26-14 at 09:55 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast