Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

MAcc, I have no idea why you are trolling social media trying to find pictures of the victims of a horrific act of violence and I cannot fathom in what world it is appropriate to take the personal photos of minors and post them on a message board. That is beyond creepy. As for your comments on their perceived class or inclinations-- WTF, man. They are kids. Who just saw their friend murdered at close range. A little more compassion and a little less stereotyping is probably in order here.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    MAcc, I have no idea why you are trolling social media trying to find pictures of the victims of a horrific act of violence and I cannot fathom in what world it is appropriate to take the personal photos of minors and post them on a message board. That is beyond creepy. As for your comments on their perceived class or inclinations-- WTF, man. They are kids. Who just saw their friend murdered at close range. A little more compassion and a little less stereotyping is probably in order here.
    Aoife,
    i have to agree with you. This is way too much. And those comments really show some serious racist attitude. I don't see anything usual about these kids. They look like very typical of teens today most of which do not see the same race boundaries that their parents project. If there is any question, google Justin Bieber and look at his pics!

MAcc isn't doing anything that the more savvy web/social news sites are already doing.

Big business is doing it, the LEO are doing it, Private Investigators are doing it the NSA/CIA/Government are doing it.

I am somewhat impressed by MAcc skills as I will not go the Social networking route. Mainly because the less they know about me the better off I am.

But don't think for a minute it's wrong. Might be for your sensibilities,but this stuff being put out there by teens can and will come back to haunt them.

There is already to much out there on me for a price.

Aeofe: what fantasy land do you live in- the chivalrous Middle Ages?
    All the news media with enough staff are right out there sifting through the kids' Twitter and Facebook requesting to be contacted. I have seen reporters from the Freep and WWJ researching the RIPPaige hashtag. This is how information is gotten and shared now.
    And obviously law enforcement is monitoring the sites. How do you think they trace child predators and gangs?
    Why would you be so bashful about looking at what is posted TO BE SEEN?
    i think the DPD has seen the postings of the boy still in Beaumont. He's talking to his friends right on social media. So they are falling back, deliberately misleading those dumb kids.
    there is no way that a guy brought an assault weapon and fired into a car -even car jackers at least take the car! And do you think the attacker sprayed the car like that for an iPhone or two?
    No, that was some serious message to someone and the DPD wants to hide and watch.
    So, get real and be wise to how things work now. And if you have kids- be snoopy.
    Last edited by SWMAP; December-24-14 at 02:20 PM.

If this was random, as the police now suggest, I suspect that GPP Mayor Heenan has some new sheds in his stocking this Christmas.

And the Assistant Chief gets some coal in his for his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: Some posts have been removed from this thread as they contain personal attacks directed at other forum members. This is strictly forbidden on this forum in any way, shape or form. If anyone wishes to lash out against another person there are plenty of other places on the Wild World Web to vent. This is not one.

We realize this is a highly emotional topic, but that never gives permission to allow those emotions to spill over into personal and ad hominem attacks. Doing so only lowers the level of discourse and reputation of the person doing it. Repetition of such attacks may lead to abrupt and unannounced dismissal from the forum as clearly stated in our rules of participation.
    Thank You...

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    So, let's think about that for a second... DPD is working under the assumption there is a guy tooling around the Detroit/GP border with an AK in his car at the ready and the apparent lack of any concern about spraying a car full of teens he "randomly" came across at 9:00pm on a weeknight in a botched attempt to snag..what? maybe some iphones and some petty cash ?
    I think that "assumption" is going to be proven to be as false as the first statements about how they were all just going to a movie.
    It could have been mistaken identity. The gunman might have thought they were someone else. If they have managed to ferret out a consistent story from the kids that doesn't establish a motive on the gunman's part then I'm sure mistaken identity is something they are considering. I'd be surprised if that wasn't articulated to the press during the update as a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by MAcc View Post
    Save it. I'm not even white. Check your motives. I've lived through this. Those pictures took me one kid's name and 30 seconds on Google to find. The Detroit newspapers have published Facebook photos. This is what kids are putting out there for the world to see, but parents are too clueless or lazy to open their web browser. And no parent I know considers DUI, drug abusing, rapper culture glorifying, prostitute purchasing Bieber anything but trash. Merry Christmas.
    MAcc, Not having the patience for main-stream media bobble-head reporting, and being Google search challenged, your efforts are appreciated here. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Aeofe: what fantasy land do you live in- the chivalrous Middle Ages?
    All the news media with enough staff are right out there sifting through the kids' Twitter and Facebook requesting to be contacted. I have seen reporters from the Freep and WWJ researching the RIPPaige hashtag. This is how information is gotten and shared now.
    And obviously law enforcement is monitoring the sites. How do you think they trace child predators and gangs?
    Why would you be so bashful about looking at what is posted TO BE SEEN?
    i think the DPD has seen the postings of the boy still in Beaumont. He's talking to his friends right on social media. So they are falling back, deliberately misleading those dumb kids.
    there is no way that a guy brought an assault weapon and fired into a car -even car jackers at least take the car! And do you think the attacker sprayed the car like that for an iPhone or two?
    No, that was some serious message to someone and the DPD wants to hide and watch.
    So, get real and be wise to how things work now. And if you have kids- be snoopy.

I am am well aware of how things work- I have a teenager who knows one of the victims. And yes, I monitor her online. I am looking at this from a point of being a decent human being and not a cyberstalker piece of crap that seems to get off on the misfortune of others. I am also looking at it from the point of view of having been a victim of violence--there is no need to say shitty things about someone who is experiencing the lowest moment of their life.

Just because use you can look into people's private lives does not mean you should. Especially if they are kids.

Your reply begs the question about what constitutes a "private life" and what is fair game because it's voluntarily posted on social media for all the world to see, judge, congratulate, envy, remember.

MAcc Guest

In Michigan, a graduated license isn't allowed to have more than one teenage passenger. And they're not allowed to drive past 10 p.m. period, unless it's to and from work.

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7...9652--,00.html

I get what you are saying, but, in my mind there is a difference between looking at someone's Facebook and taking content off their Facebook and sharing it. Most kids don't fully understand that once they put material up an audience wider than what was intended is possible. I think if they knew rando strangers on Internet boards were sifting through their lives they would tighten up those settings quickly.

If they were playing soccer and carving turkey at the soup kitchen in the pictures would your response be the same? Examine your motives.
    why would my response be different? I don't share pictures of other people without their permission--it doesn't matter if they are receiving the Nobel Prize or smoking a joint. You should probably examine your motives for fixating on this. It is really gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    ...But don't think for a minute it's wrong. Might be for your sensibilities,but this stuff being put out there by teens can and will come back to haunt them.
    I think the pics should be more widely circulated, might be a good wake up call...Don't post stuff you don't want seen, and don't do stuff that can get you shot. All the pics showed is that the kids aren't the "innocent kids just out for some fun" that some wish to believe...

MAcc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    I think it was reported that Demetris lives on Seneca. That isn't anywhere near Phillip and Charlevoix. That was what I thought was even more strange. Why would he be in the Jeff Chalmers with a group of GP kids when he is from the lower east side [[gratiot and van dyke area)?
    Seneca Street is actually just north of Indian Village. His house on the news is three and a half miles west from the shooting:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-12-24 at 4.52.38 PM.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  33.0 KB
    Last edited by MAcc; December-24-14 at 05:46 PM.

why would my response be different? I don't share pictures of other people without their permission--it doesn't matter if they are receiving the Nobel Prize or smoking a joint. You should probably examine your motives for fixating on this. It is really gross.

off topic but are you naive to the workings of the internet? they personally posted those pics, left their profile open to the public... no one has to request "permission" to view or share those pics.... that main pic of the girl with the glasses was ganked from her social network profile.... there is absolutly nothing immoral, illegal, or gross about him posting these pics....

im suprised there have only been two of the five people named so far [[that I can tell), the other kids must have more well connected parents and are able to stifle the exposure of their names...

MAcc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    im suprised there have only been two of the five people named so far [[that I can tell), the other kids must have more well connected parents and are able to stifle the exposure of their names...
    Demetrius
    Donald
    Mia
    Paige [[deceased)
    ?
    Last edited by MAcc; December-24-14 at 05:45 PM.

DetroitBoy Guest

Seneca Street is actually just north of Indian Village. His house on the news is three and a half miles west from the shooting:
    Yes but it is still a good distance away from Phillip and Charlevoix. Does it say anything about how they know Demetrius? Does he go to GPS?

FYI.. I found it interesting that a very similar post to the one posted by "MAcc" and removed by ADMIN was found on Deadline Detroit under the screen name "truth dot org." And then another post on the same site by the screen name "truth hurts." Stop feeding the trolls people. YOU are helping to diminish the quality of this site just as much as much as the bottom feeders do.

That's the difference between the lower and upper east side.

It's sad that a young life was snuffed out. I hope that the perpetrator is found. Why is one of the victims house is being shown on the news

Sure as shit there is pops out there looking like Debo with his stolen beach cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    FYI.. I found it interesting that a very similar post to the one posted by "MAcc" and removed by ADMIN was found on Deadline Detroit under the screen name "truth dot org." And then another post on the same site by the screen name "truth hurts." Stop feeding the trolls people. YOU are helping to diminish the quality of this site just as much as much as the bottom feeders do.
    100% correct

Good detective work on finding a hater using a tragic crime to push more hate on multiple forums. If there was a "Internet troll busted" award you just won it detroitsgwenivere.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    100% correct

Good detective work on finding a hater using a tragic crime to push more hate on multiple forums. If there was a "Internet troll busted" award you just won it detroitsgwenivere.
    Amen to that. Maybe some day day we can get back to resolving issues with sharp ideas and common sense solutions for issues that plague Detroit.

This incident is being tagged as a 'robbery gone wrong' internationally at this point:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...one-wrong.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-25-14 at 09:30 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast