Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Tent City?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Sumas, you make so many assumptions. My home is 115 years old in the shadow of the Ambassador Bridge. I grew up on a canal on the east side of Detroit - on Scripps Ave.
    i am the 10th generation on my mother's side to make my home in Detroit [[my mother's line traced as a descendant of early French Ribbon farmers) and the 4th generation on my Father's side [[they left Ireland in 1845 and settled on Iron St. In Detroit).
    So have I established that I am not from the suburbs and that I am a Real Detroiter - just like you?
    But I hope that I am not like you at all. I'm one of those modest people who hope to do good without trumpeting myself, without dramatizing myself, without making everything about myself.
    I don't want even my right hand to know what my left hand is doing for others. And when I pray I go into my closet and pray so that I don't parade my virtue.
    Why must we always be treated to how wonderful you are?
    A hearty holiday to you too. Since so many people concure you must all be right. I am a braggart, self agrandizing, a real Detroiter, a liar, trumpeting fool, no doubt others can add to that list.

So I will go with the flow, I am fucking wonderful, Gods gift to the world, herald the second coming, anointed by God. Have at it. Look at your post, a bit self congradulatory. So it goes.

I love the word "assume". Use it and and it makes an ass out of you and me. I may be be an ass but then so are you!

This isn't about homelessness.

This is a disrespect for authority and rules.

They even claimed they didn't like the rules of the shelter.

It's a power/authority trip and they're just looking for attention.

Soon the temperatures will be highs of zeros and these folks can be on to their next pet attention deprivation project.