Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Tent City?

Hybrid View

Vic please understand I am in your corner too. This is a bad situation. Both sides need to be looked at too. I have been an activist all my life and am obviously out spoken. For whatever reason the plight of these people touch me.

I pledge to do my best to help these folk. I do understand your frustration but these people are not scary. I will be working the phones this week but honestly the holiday season makes things slow in action innitiated. Certainly some people can't be helped but as I have not met all of them I can't yet comment. Have a little patience, please. You don't want them there for obvious homeowner reasons/sanitary concerns nor do I, for humanitarian reasons.

Different concerns but same goals.

Sumas,
    Two things -
    I think that you may be confusing me with DetBill, it's his backyard, not mine. I am not "directly affected." I was merely offering him my support/encouragement [[in my own outspoken manner) to go through steps to bring results, up to & including getting on the evening news.

For the record, I did not use the term "vagrants", I simply pointed out that they were "illegal squatters in a city lot sleeping in tents."

Good luck, and I wish you well with all the "grass roots" assistance plans. I also encourage DetBill to raise a ruckus, get the media involved, and let the appropriate governmental agencies sort the mess out.
    Last edited by Vic01; December-29-14 at 03:45 AM.

Sorry Vic, sorry Det Bill for my mix up. Actually I have contacted via email news, radio and TV but my goal is to heighten awareness/policing/fining of sleaze bag disgusting homeless shelters. Certainly I would hope to see balanced reporting. I also hope to see creative solutions/options to re integrate desparate displaced people into suitable housing and as applicable, employment.

Channel 7 has covered the plight. I had nothing to do with that but it is a start.