Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
I don't follow the Wings, but I think sports are part of the richness of life for kids. Professional sports are hardly pure in all ways, but they too do celebrate excellence in fitness, practice, skills, and sportmanship.

I followed the Wings when I was a kid. I think it was a positive in my life.

Sports today have negatives, too -- but don't toss out the baby with the bathwater. Children can be enriched by eating at McDonalds and watching the Wings. Not everything needs to be 100% good for you -- and not all good is only channelled through public education.
I agree sports are great for kids most public schools no longer have gym classes. My eldest attended Chrysler in Lafayette Park and they had to choose between cultural enrichment such as plays, art and music or sports. They opted for cultural enrichment. Lots of those choices are not even choices now. Just all eliminated. Remember no librarys, no rec centers that are accessible to kids. PALS is a great program but serves a very limited group of kids. Of course if the wings want to reserve seats for area kids, provide transport and free pizza, I am all in. Throw in some skating lessons too. I am not at all dissing you personally I just want kids to have opportunity.