Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default I was Assaulted by security @ The Majestic on 10/25_Did you witness it?

On Saturday 10/25 about 11pm, on the sidewalk in front of the Majestic's Rock n Bowl bar, I was having a cigarette with a friend. I bummed a smoke from a man that was walking by. He is an African American man with salt n pepper hair that appeared to be approximately 50 years old. I spoke with him briefly. As he was walking away 2 members of Majestic's security came running from inside the bar and began assaulting him. I thought that I was witnessing security's heavy-handed reaction to a pan-handler that was bothering me, one of their patrons. I was trying to pull this man away from the security and explain to them that he was not bothering me when I was struck in the face by security. He must have had a foreign object in his hand based on the injuries resulting from a single blow. WSU police were there before I could wipe the blood from my eye's. One would think that with the police there so quick that an arrest would be made. Wrong. They refused to do anything and after I pleaded with them for some time, they nearly arrested me! Their incident report is so incomplete; it makes a mockery of the whole notion of "law enforcement".

Did anyone witness this?

The man that I was coming to the aid of left his info with my friend but it is nearly illegible. Richard Jackson or Johnson 313-653-9743 or 653-9734 or 653-4734. He seemed sincere in his desire to give me his contact info and stuck around for quite awhile after I was assaulted.

Does anyone know how I could reach him?
    Last edited by Elemental; December-10-14 at 03:52 PM.

What a sad/scary story. Send a pm to Django he lives around there. Perhaps he could help you out.

Duobt if it would make you happier but my husband got a ticket for a moving violation. first in 35 yrs. Everything in the report was incorrect. Paid the ticket, it was not worth fighting. The court lost the payment and sent him a warrent. Took care of that mess but we are both pretty sure he got the ticket because he had a black woman in the car. She is a neighbor and my husband was just doing her a favor. weirdest thing was the court sent us a refund.

Do the Zanias still own that place? They had big plans for the Majestic & Garden Bowl at one time or another over the years, but they've never really put too much investment into the place besides ripping out the old Gnome restaurant and replacing it with the "Cafe".

ask on detroit craigslist, maybe someone there saw it

While I feel for your misfortune, what is the point of publishing phone numbers on a public forum? Obviously, at least two of the three you posted are incorrect. I think you are violating the trust this man had in you by posting any number here, whether correct or not. I suggest you edit the post and remove any numbers contained in it.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    While I feel for your misfortune, what is the point of publishing phone numbers on a public forum? Obviously, at least two of the three you posted are incorrect. I think you are violating the trust this man had in you by posting any number here, whether correct or not. I suggest you edit the post and remove any numbers contained in it.
    I was kind of wondering why the op wouldn't have called those phone numbers to find out if they were correct or not. Why post them to the public?

those phone numbers aren't working. As I said the info he gave me was so chicken scratchy that its nearly unreadable. I posted the invalid numbers hoping that enough of the digits are correct to possibly help identify this witness. It's a bit of a shot in the dark.