Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    So Eric Garner deserved to die for selling single cigarettes??
    He most certainly deserve to die for selling single cigarettes.

But he had the option to comply with the [[unreasonable) law. He choose to physically disagree. He made a bad choice that paved the way to his fate.

Me, I must be a little odd. I like some civil order. I want cops to keep petty criminals in line. I think it makes the world better for all of us.

Your statement is nothing but inflammatory. The cigarettes are not a factor. Many others were selling cigarettes and did not end up dead.

Willi Guest

How much of an absolute ASSHOLE does one have to be, ---before a cop shoots you dead -- should be the topic.

There comes a point, a tipping point, a breaking of the camels back, when even the nice cops, the tolerant cops, brandish their weapon and shoot ASSHOLES, tackle ASSHOLES, take them down and arrest them.

No saints, alter boys , or angels lost their life.
    STOP protecting the scum of the earth

No one got hurt over "color" , they got hurt for being belligerent ASSHOLES

Mind your manners, use some etiquette, have a clean record, and maybe more folks would truely give a shit. Life is precious, when it is innocent and pure. Career Criminals aren't quite so precious anymore in my eyes...
    Last edited by Willi; December-09-14 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    How much of an absolute ASSHOLE does one have to be, ---before a cop shoots you dead -- should be the topic.

There comes a point, a tipping point, a breaking of the camels back, when even the nice cops, the tolerant cops, brandish their weapon and shoot ASSHOLES, tackle ASSHOLES, take them down and arrest them.

Mind your manners, use some etiquette, have a clean record, and maybe more folks would truely give a shit. Life is precious, when it is innocent and pure. Career Criminals aren't quite so precious anymore in my eyes...
    Does that apply to the kid in Cleveland as well. Before you answer that question, have you seen the video of the police pulling up and shooting him in a matter of seconds [[then fudging the reports afterwards)

Nice forum Lowell! Holy Moly, you don't these kind of responses on "Free Republic", I'll let you boys talk about what a great thing the Bush torture era was....LOL!

If you ever wondered what you would do if you were alive in the CivilRights Movement, NOW IS THE TIME to find out. NOW. RIGHT NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post

But he had the option to comply with the [[unreasonable) law. He choose to physically disagree. He made a bad choice that paved the way to his fate.

Me, I must be a little odd. I like some civil order. I want cops to keep petty criminals in line. I think it makes the world better for all of us.

Your statement is nothing but inflammatory. The cigarettes are not a factor. Many others were selling cigarettes and did not end up dead.
    You are one of the most despicable posters on this site. That's like saying someone deserves to die for speeding. What's the difference, both are breaking the law. I will absolve myself from EVER reading anything you post. People like you are what's wrong with this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    This is why these protests gain so little traction amongst the masses. You take something people might agree is wrong, or at least worth looking into more deeply, namely the physical interactions between citizens and the police, especially between police and minorities, and you say something outlandish that no one is arguing, that Garner certainly deserved death for selling single cigarettes.

Do you think people actually think this? Do you think this is what "the other side" is arguing? That people want the punishment for selling single cigarettes to be summary execution on the street by the police? That Brown deserved to die for simply walking in the street, and that grabbing the cop's gun played no part in it and should be ignored? You strike me as the type of person who is totally incapable of seeing any part of an issue except that which they themselves agree with.
    I don't give a _hit what you think, he still didn't deserve to be choked to death by a overzealous cop, with 3 other cops standing over him watching. Grab him, subdue him and take him to jail.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-10-14 at 03:04 AM.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    Nice forum Lowell! Holy Moly, you don't these kind of responses on "Free Republic", I'll let you boys talk about what a great thing the Bush torture era was....LOL!

If you ever wondered what you would do if you were alive in the CivilRights Movement, NOW IS THE TIME to find out. NOW. RIGHT NOW

Yeah, Yeah. You're full of shit. Not sure anyone ever lead a civil rights movement from a coffee house in Royal Oak which is where you reside. A home boy you have never been so stop acting like you have any allegiance or real interest in those who are oppressed. You're so interested in civil rights demonstrations and you sleep your ass comfortably in a mostly white suburb every night.

Go get a job. White Castle is hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    March on protestors, take your words of justice to the streets. Block all main roads.
    Hopefully there are enough police who care enough to block traffic for those you are inciting. And remember your posts are public.

I haven't been here in weeks, but for the love of God Lowell how in the world is this Wesley Mouch character allowed to post. What a wasteland of inhumanity!

Got news for ya I was marching there Saturday night and anytime there's a call for justice. I'll just wait and see if there's any moderation on this sight, the dinosaurs are dead your time is up too!

DetroitBoy Guest

Chris Rock agrees and has some very smart advice: http://youtu.be/QR465HoCWFQ

Please accept my apologies here.... the sentence should have read: "He most certainly DID NOT deserve to die for selling single cigarettes." My entire point was that the cigarettes were irrelevant to his death.

I actually intended to agree with the statement that that did NOT deserve to die. I don't think that in any way whatsoever.

I regret the error, and apologize to all.

From my reading of the posts above, I can see that the concerted effort to smear Michael Brown's life and turn him into a thug succeeded.

1. Maybe he did rob the store, maybe he shoplifted, maybe he did neither.

2. He was not stopped for shoplifting or robbery. He was stopped for walking in the street.

3. Right here, something different could have happened. The officer could have politely asked him to get off the street. That is not what happened.

4. Michael Brown could have meekly gotten off the street. That is not what happened.

5. If witnesses are correct, how Michael Brown entered the police car is not completely clear.

6. Michael Brown had good points that have been completely steamrolled by the police and media efforts to smear him and turn him into a thug. Does anyone remember that he was days from his first day at college when shot? He had plans for a productive future.

7. Michael Brown had no criminal record.

He seems to have been an ordinary kid who made some bad decisions that day, one to mouth off to a police officer with a scary attitude.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; December-09-14 at 06:26 PM.

Wesley... the moment I read your comment... I thought... uh-oh... he forgot the words "did not"... That was the only way the rest of your comments would have made ANY sense... so must of us knew what you meant....

Willi Guest

Post 37 has great advice from Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    From my reading of the posts above, I can see that the concerted effort to smear Michael Brown's life and turn him into a thug succeeded.
    Michael Brown was very successful in living a thug lifestyle. He didn't need anyone's help.
    1. Maybe he did rob the store, maybe he shoplifted, maybe he did neither.
    There's no "maybe". We have a robbery and assault on video.
    2. He was not stopped for shoplifting or robbery. He was stopped for walking in the street.
    We know this is false. The officer indicated he thought he was the robber, and in fact had just been given Michael Brown's description over the radio.
    3. Right here, something different could have happened. The officer could have politely asked him to get off the street. That is not what happened.
    Irrelevent and absurd. "Michael would have turned his life around that very minute, if just asked 'please'. He only attacked the officer because the officer didn't use the magic word."
    4. Michael Brown could have meekly gotten off the street. That is not what happened.
    True
    5. If witnesses are correct, how Michael Brown entered the police car is not completely clear.
    Sorta true, but all but 2 witnesses essentially corroborate the officers' series of events. No witnesses corroborate the claimed "hands up don't shoot" narrative.
    6. Michael Brown had good points that have been completely steamrolled by the police and media efforts to smear him and turn him into a thug. Does anyone remember that he was days from his first day at college when shot? He had plans for a productive future.
    All false. Michael Brown was deified as a "gentle giant" when the media knew about his criminal record. His parents were violent felons and not even raising him, yet also deified as innocent. Hell, they even spoke before the UN, which is something Monty Python or the Onion couldn't have come up with. The "hands up don't shoot" meme continues to this day, even though it has been discarded as fiction.
    7. Michael Brown had no criminal record.
    False. Michael Brown had a sealed juvenile criminal record.
    He seems to have been an ordinary kid who made some bad decisions that day, one to mouth off to a police officer with a scary attitude.
    I don't know any "ordinary kids" who have sealed criminal records, who rob and assault, and then who attack police officers. Do you?

Why are practically the only victims of police violence those who are engaging in violence and extensive criminal activity themselves? If there is a strong racial element to police procedures then the disparate impact should be present irrespective of criminal activity.

Again, if the protestors want change, they need to specify what they want changed in the arrest procedures, and in the grand jury procedures. Absent that, it's nonsense, and will be ignored by 90% of Americans. No one would have heard of Ferguson if Michael Brown were Hispanic, Asian or White, you need the "secret formula" of black victim, white officer, and then you get the racial charlatans.

"Hands up don't shoot" when it's a lie, "Black lives matter" when the ones protesting don't care about the hundreds of thousands of black lives lost to violence, only the .005% lost to white police officers, and "water is a human right" when it has nothing to do with Ferguson. That's the message.
    Last edited by Bham1982; December-09-14 at 08:31 PM.

Please accept my apologies here.... the sentence should have read: "He most certainly DID NOT deserve to die for selling single cigarettes." My entire point was that the cigarettes were irrelevant to his death.

I actually intended to agree with the statement that that did NOT deserve to die. I don't think that in any way whatsoever.

I regret the error, and apologize to all.
    Nice apology. I appreciate the forum and live to learn. My opinions are mine. Don't need thugs on the street. The local police put pressure on a local store selling loosies to identify local miscreants robbing homes and I appreciated that. I smoke and roll my own. I do not rob rape nor pillage. Detroit has some of the finest trained national officers.But agree. No one should die for stupid behavior.

We know this is false. The officer indicated he thought he was the robber, and in fact had just been given Michael Brown's description over the radio.

This was the story the police put out, that has since been challenged by the store. Also, the call had not even been dispatched when the Michael Brown was challenged by the officer for walking in the street.

How can Michael Brown be tried and convicted for robbery before he is even charged with a crime, when a crime is not even proven to have happened, and proper investigation has not been done? Remember, this is America, land of the free, where one is innocent until proven guilty.

False. Michael Brown had a sealed juvenile criminal record.

This is debatable. The juvenile authorities refused to confirm or deny the existence of such a record.

I don't know any "ordinary kids" who have sealed criminal records, who rob and assault, and then who attack police officers. Do you?

All we know about the so-called criminal record is that, if there were one, it would be sealed except for major felonies.

We do not know enough about the incident to call it a robbery and assault. The police officer did not know about any reports of robbery when he told Michael Brown to get off the street.

There are so many discrepancies in the narrative, which relies heavily on a strong mistrust of black men that apparently is so pervasive that white people are blind to it and this all seems quite normal and acceptable to them.

I am so sorry for our country.

I do not feel sorry for our country at all. Certain citizens like the race crap but most get past that bull. Harmed by black men at nineteen. Abducted raped robbed. Got past that shit.
    I live in a predominate black community, our closest friends are people of color. Do not do the white folk crap
    Last edited by sumas; December-09-14 at 11:43 PM.

How about NOT acting like a criminal, gangbanger, theif, hoodlum, sketchyasf#¢¥, pain-in-the-ass for law enforcement......maybe then you won't be "hassled" !!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!
    . I agree...
    hey Im as liberal as they come but there comes a time for some self evaluation you know. I dont care what color your skin is, if you obey the law in general, your chances of being hassled is greatly reduced, if your out stealing, attacking people and making cops do their job, my attitude is you get what you get no matter who you are. That applies to me and and anyone else. Profiling didnt just come out of the woodwork, there is a problem with crime in certain areas, the statistics overwhelmingly show that. If one cleans up their act, the injustices will decrease. This starts at home for all of us. Try to help those who need it most in life.

Default Protesters in Detroit are just getting started today's action

Protesters in Detroit are just getting started http://goo.gl/1EtYh8

If you ever wondered what you would do if you were alive in the Civil Rights Movement, NOW IS THE TIME to find out. NOW. RIGHT NOW

Yawn.

This was cool circa November 2014.

How can Michael Brown be tried and convicted for robbery before he is even charged with a crime, when a crime is not even proven to have happened, and proper investigation has not been done? Remember, this is America, land of the free, where one is innocent until proven guilty.
    Yes. The police should not be judge, jury and executioner. I've never been in trouble with the law but I am not comfortable giving them that power. I'm really amazed at the attitudes some people have on here that these victims somehow deserved it. We are all at risk from out of control police. Did you hear the one about the white guy killed in his own driveway?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...181006091.html

Quote Originally Posted by RapBrown View Post
    I haven't been here in weeks, but for the love of God Lowell how in the world is this Wesley Mouch character allowed to post. What a wasteland of inhumanity!

1. It was a typo, I picked that up, so did a few others
    2. You're fighting for "civil rights" but then at the same time demanding that the voices of people be silenced because they disagree with you
    3. We got the whole "RIGHT NOW" thing, it's not needed on every post

The fact that the police have so little basic medical training is what's most shocking to me. Anyone with basic first aid should know that when someone as large as Garner is yelling he can't breathe while lying face down you roll him on his side immediately. Either they didn't know this or simply didn't care. Then you have a police spokesman the next day stating he could speak so obviously he could breathe. Ridiculous.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast