Galapagos now has a Galapagos Detroit website with more details.

http://www.galapagosdetroit.com/

Includes a hefty slap in the face as to how the NY real estate craziness is killing the arts...

WHY IS GALAPAGOS MOVING TO DETROIT?

Simply put, New York City has become too expensive to continue incubating young artists. The white-hot real estate market burning through affordable cultural habit is no longer a crisis, it's a conclusion.

You can’t paint at night in your kitchen and hope to be a good artist. It doesn’t work that way.

The canaries in New York City's real estate gold mine and the basis population of its creative ecosystem - its young artists and thinkers - are no longer talking about the next show they hope to land. They’re talking about the next city they can land in once their current lease runs out.
Decades ago I contemplated moving the NYC to do my art there. Many Detroit artists of the old Cass Corridor art scene had done so mostly moving to Tribeca, then a still moderately-priced place [by NY standards not Detroit] and still on Manhattan.

What I found was what was described above - they were all scuffling with low-paying jobs to pay the rent on some fleabag accommodation that could they could be squeezed out of by some developer at any minute. I came back to the D where I lived [and later bought] in a sumptuous house for next to nothing and worked a good paying part time job and had plenty of time to paint.