Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Don't rise to the bait cla1945; it's just irrelevant noise.
    Unlike the sentiment that police are always respectful. There's nothing ridiculous about that rhetoric.

Pull your head out from wherever you stuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Unlike the sentiment that police are always respectful. There's nothing ridiculous about that rhetoric.

Pull your head out from wherever you stuck it.
    Yet more irrelevant noise from the same source.

Any one of you who are constantly having adverse interactions with police need to reevaluate yourselves. Aren't any of you curious about why bad things happen to bad people? Are you smart enough to ask that question...why? I guess not, because your rhetoric is senseless.

My son is an officer in a suburb of Detroit. He is courteous and respectful to everyone of all colors, nationalities, ethnic backgrounds....UNTIL they become argumentative, belligerent, uncooperative, threatening; or if he is spit on, swung at, pushed or otherwise assaulted...then he is authorized to use whatever force is necessary to subdue someone...no matter what the stop was for. A simple "your bright lights are on" or "your tags are expired", or "the music is too loud", or you "ran a stop sign" is a possible lethal encounter with police if YOU choose it to be. What makes you think you are above the law? He has confided in me that there have been encounters with people where all he wanted to do was just give a warning and send them on their way, but the person saw fit to yell, scream, swear at, refuse to give ID, and ended up locked up with the car confiscated.

One stop he told me about is a perfect example. A young woman, driving a newer car, a child unrestrained in the backseat. He pulled her over, she asked why and he told her it was against the law to have a child in a moving vehicle without restraints. She was all apologietic, said the kid took the seat belt off himself. My son asked for her license, he was going to give her a warning and let her be on her way. It was then that she became violent with her responses. She refused to comply, said he had no right to stop her, she was going to leave. After all was said and done, she was a wanted felon from Detroit, no drivers license, had dope in the car and it wasn't even her car. So, she's in jail, the car is confiscated, the child is with social services. The moral of this is, be cooperative, you'll get the respect you deserve.

coracle, I know I should leave it alone but sometimes I just get so mad at the stupidity. They are clueless.

Great descriptive story cla1945 of how things can go awry.

My apologies for using your earlier mail as a conduit to poke fun at a serial noise maker.
    Last edited by coracle; January-08-15 at 01:26 PM.

http://youtu.be/yfi3Ndh3n-g

maybe this will change a few minds.

Oh, your son is a cop. That makes sense. I'm sorry for your shortcomings as a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I'm sorry for your shortcomings as a parent.
    Snide noise.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Any one of you who are constantly having adverse interactions with police need to reevaluate yourselves. Aren't any of you curious about why bad things happen to bad people? Are you smart enough to ask that question...why? I guess not, because your rhetoric is senseless.

My son is an officer in a suburb of Detroit. He is courteous and respectful to everyone of all colors, nationalities, ethnic backgrounds....UNTIL they become argumentative, belligerent, uncooperative, threatening; or if he is spit on, swung at, pushed or otherwise assaulted...then he is authorized to use whatever force is necessary to subdue someone...no matter what the stop was for. A simple "your bright lights are on" or "your tags are expired", or "the music is too loud", or you "ran a stop sign" is a possible lethal encounter with police if YOU choose it to be. What makes you think you are above the law? He has confided in me that there have been encounters with people where all he wanted to do was just give a warning and send them on their way, but the person saw fit to yell, scream, swear at, refuse to give ID, and ended up locked up with the car confiscated.

One stop he told me about is a perfect example. A young woman, driving a newer car, a child unrestrained in the backseat. He pulled her over, she asked why and he told her it was against the law to have a child in a moving vehicle without restraints. She was all apologietic, said the kid took the seat belt off himself. My son asked for her license, he was going to give her a warning and let her be on her way. It was then that she became violent with her responses. She refused to comply, said he had no right to stop her, she was going to leave. After all was said and done, she was a wanted felon from Detroit, no drivers license, had dope in the car and it wasn't even her car. So, she's in jail, the car is confiscated, the child is with social services. The moral of this is, be cooperative, you'll get the respect you deserve.

coracle, I know I should leave it alone but sometimes I just get so mad at the stupidity. They are clueless.
    ignore the assholes. They'd piss themselves on their first traffic stop.

Coracle and Gpwrangler,,,,thanks. Thick skulls are hard to penetrate when they have mind sets like some on this forum. I appreciate the fact that some of you appreciate what I'm saying.

What a coward. The old man didn't even see the blow coming. Brown made sure he had his home boys nearby to give him encouragement to practically kill this man. Robbing him wasn't enough, beating him half to death was his goal. Where is Sharpton now? Where is Obamas statement now? This 300 pound animal didn't deserve to be out on the streets preying on unsuspecting humans...when he went after the policeman, again with one of his homies, he picked on the wrong person and got just what he deserved.
    '

That's not even Brown. Not that it matter to the wannabe Klan looking to justify this, those people all look a like anyway right?

Yes, this low-quality video depicts a large man, similar in size to Michael Brown. But Snopes notes, Michael Brown was 6-foot 4-inches tall. The unidentified man in this video is shorter. His skin tone is also not the same as Michael Brown's. His facial features don't match Michael Brown's. He has pierced ears, Michael Brown did not. Not than
    This beating was filmed at Woodland City, a large apartment complex in Dallas, and it was originally posted to YouTube in 2012.Michael Brown, who would have been 16 at the time, has never lived in Texas.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upd...man-Not-likely

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Snide noise.
    Maybe you can offer up something better than this "clever" shtick you've got going?

Coracle and Gpwrangler,,,,thanks. Thick skulls are hard to penetrate when they have mind sets like some on this forum. I appreciate the fact that some of you appreciate what I'm saying.
    There are fools everywhere. Of course some people will agree with you that cops are flawless. The rest of us, educated and aware of current affairs, know this to be incorrect.

Repeatedly masking these situations with the "not all cops are bad" rhetoric does nothing to address very real issues. Thanks for stating the obvious, but why are you pretending racism and inequality doesn't exist?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3