Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

... I read that there are apartments upstairs. Are they rented out yet? What do they go for?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ... I read that there are apartments upstairs. Are they rented out yet? What do they go for?
    They rented very quickly. I believe $750 - $1,350.

Quote Originally Posted by eliboyer View Post
    They rented very quickly. I believe $750 - $1,350.
    lol $1300-1400...http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...-cash-gold.php

unless there was a "friends & family" rate @ $750

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    lol $1300-1400...http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...-cash-gold.php

unless there was a "friends & family" rate @ $750
    The 3 apartments the article refers to were the 2 bedroom units. The two 1 bedroom units, which were grabbed prior to this article being published, rented at $750.

I hope they incorporated the $$$$ symbols for the décor inside. Sarge and were fond of it. Thank you Sumas and Ronald for letting me take Sarge to the St. Pats parade.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Soo... What anyone think of the food that's been?

Looking forward to trying this place out. Love the seasonal menu concept.

Tried to answer my own question and get in this place tonight for a meal. We didn't have the patience, they were lined up outside pretty deep. Instead just headed down Vernor hwy to my fav Mexican restaurant...

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    Lets hope the front house management ensures that the waitstaff and bartenders provide what has been lacking at Slows --- quality, friendly service. Slows staff can score the trifecta of rude, arrogant and condescending with little effort.
    Seems like par for the course when it comes to Detroit establishments [[given the combined relative lack of buying power its customer base has and sheer lack of competition).

Living here [[in the neighborhoods of the city proper) as long as I have, I've learned that it's best to keep low expectations when patronizing most places in the city...
    Last edited by 313WX; January-17-15 at 08:13 PM.

MAcc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    Lets hope the front house management ensures that the waitstaff and bartenders provide what has been lacking at Slows --- quality, friendly service. Slows staff can score the trifecta of rude, arrogant and condescending with little effort.
    Echo that. I'll never set foot in there again.

This is an open invitation to shoot me an email when you want to visit us at GCG [[eboyer @ gcgdetroit . com). Provided it's a weekday/night and you give me some notice, I'll save you a table. Would love to have DYes members come check us out! I hope/think that our level of hospitality surpasses what you've experienced in the city. Looking forward to taking care of you all.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Seems like par for the course when it comes to Detroit establishments [[given the combined relative lack of buying power its customer base has and sheer lack of competition).

Living here [[in the neighborhoods of the city proper) as long as I have, I've learned that it's best to keep low expectations when patronizing most places in the city...
    Montreal is chock full of restaurants, and a lot of.good ones. But I tend to have low expectations also. I am more impressed by an ethnic menu well done than a lot of fusiony stuff out there. That said, I like the Gold Cash Gold idea. It's a bold thing to attempt and is a nice conceptual addition to Detroit's evergrowing hipsterdom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2