Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Born and raised in Cheboygan and remember my cousin and brother getting stuck on I-94 coming back from Chicago that weekend. His car was left buried on I-94 between Jackson and Ann Arbor.
    Meanwhile up north life went on as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I just remembered a comical situation from the winter of '66/'67. There was a thick layer of ice on top of deep snow. It was barely strong enough to hold my weight. So half the time I would take a step on top of the ice and the other half I'd punch through into thigh-high snow. It was totally unpredictable and nearly impossible to walk.

The snow gods must have been laughing.
    Jimaz, I remember those situations. There were a few when I was a kid, don't remember a specific one. I do remember trying to walk lightly so that I wouldn't 'fall in'. Back in the days when we were young enough to still be walking across the lawns a lot in the winter. Don't do that so much these days.

Snow is cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2