Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    DetroitBoy Guest

Yes, and the step father who stood on the car and screamed 'burn this bitch down' isn't responsible for inciting a riot either. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    It's a very relevant fact as to his state of mind, his character, and whether or not he'd be up for grabbing at a cop's gun.
    No, it does not. All it's relevant to is that he stole a pack of cigarettes from a store.

But let's ignore facts as we make a robbing thug our lord and savior that we're willing to burn down cities for.
    Because only saints are allowed to live and have their basic human rights respected?

Yeah, one day we're really gonna break out of that box of 'all things bad and racist' is ONLY from repub side of the permeable fence... especially relative to who shills for who?

The dems and pubs play that game. If only that was sorely a republican behavior...... This is beyond partisan politics, just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    It was a racially mixed jury in a majority Democrat county, so your scenario sounds far-fetched.

And the President and US Attorney General aren't "White Republican males who are shills to corporations and police"; in fact our AG is a black civil rights attorney. So why no federal indictment?
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-27-14 at 07:14 AM.

Well those making such statements should at least have a space ship to blast off from, and NOT feel entitled to and need the 'bitch' [[food, place of employment, products, business, services, car, home, tax-base, etc.) when the sun comes up!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    Yes, and the step father who stood on the car and screamed 'burn this bitch down' isn't responsible for inciting a riot either. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-26-14 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Because only saints are allowed to live and have their basic human rights respected?
    Brown's life was respected. Brown disrespected his own life.

There is no human right to attack others with impugnity for both saints and sinners.

And yes, you do lose your rights when you deprive others of their rights. Strike a police officer, and you do lose rights. And maybe your life.

I didn't know stealing a cops gun and killing the cop with it was a human right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Still your opinion. Not gonna argue with you either, as neither of us was there. Carry on.
    What does anything I said have to do with whether either of us was there? And nothing I said is in dispute. How the grand jury system operates, and how it operated in this case, are matters of fact, not opinion. It is odd that you don't seem to recognize the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    And the President and US Attorney General aren't "White Republican males who are shills to corporations and police"; in fact our AG is a black civil rights attorney. So why no federal indictment?
    There are a number of possible reasons, but federal civil rights charges would require the prosecution to prove that there was intent to deprive Brown of his civil rights. That is a high bar. The local prosecutor could have brought a charge that didn't require proving the officer's intent, like negligent manslaughter.
    Last edited by mwilbert; November-26-14 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Brown's life was respected. Brown disrespected his own life.

There is no human right to attack others with impugnity for both saints and sinners.

And yes, you do lose your rights when you deprive others of their rights. Strike a police officer, and you do lose rights. And maybe your life.
    That is quite a pedestal that you put police officers on. I can't think of anyone else that we give such a status to in our society, that it is reasonable to lose your life for hitting, not even the President of the United States.

That is quite a pedestal that you put police officers on. I can't think of anyone else that we give such a status to in our society, that it is reasonable to lose your life for hitting, not even the President of the United States.
    You're putting a robber on quite a pedestal. You say that there's no way the police officer is telling the truth. There's no way this robber would assault a police officer.

That's one of the big issues we have in Detroit. Some people, such as yourself, have more trust in a robber than a police officer. You fear the police more than the scum of society.

Anyone has the right to self defense. One punch killed the soccer coach in Livonia. And grabbing someone's gun is never a good idea.

iheartthed, here's your martyr moments before his death:

If you think your dealing with the cops of old your wrong.

There is a new mind set and a new set of laws and opinion.

Throw in the use of high power ammunition fired from a weapon that holds twice the ammo and more than the old style revolver. A weapon that is basically a single action, rapid fire tool in the hands of people that are taught to use the weapon rapidly and repeatedly in an altercation.

It all comes home within this video taken in Saginaw where a number of police fire repeatedly at a single target. All it took was one shot then all hell breaks loose...

Know your adversary, this are not your fathers cops.

iheartthed, here's your martyr moments before his death:

Yeah, I can post a Youtube of the officer who shot him acting like an asshole, too. So what?

Yeah, I can post a Youtube of the officer who shot him acting like an asshole, too. So what?
    If you can't make the connection between a man who JUST robbed a store and the likelihood of him assaulting an officer trying to arrest him for said offense, then I'm wasting my keystrokes.

These people are tearing up Ferguson for a thug piece of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    he's not responsible. I'd say that the prosecutor/DA was responsible for releasing the g**damn "conclusions" at 9:30 at night. All these dumbasses need to be fired/resign/arrested- the governor, the DA, the police chief, mayor, etc. Fire the entire police dept. They ALL blew it.

I hear that. I don't put myself in anyone's else shoes to the level to say who would absolutely NOT assault anyone given circumstances I am not aware of -- not even my grown children -- to say what they absolutely would not do in all instances. SO, for sure I'm not doing re. someone else child in another state.

No one deserves a pedestal here.
    Teenagers can make very poor choices, I've offered volunteer services with their populations and have witnessed the best and worst. The main issue here is crime [[perceived and actual), violence overall, and what were the circumstance that ended with the death of Brown and whether or not Wilson acted beyond the response of a threat, etc.

Further bottom line: We know there are rogue cops about, and those who may even be conflicted in what they are charged to do. But even as president Obama stated [[and I certainly don't agree with all of his statements or policies) poor communities do not need or want less police, they want accountability.

From emotion there's a great deal of rhetoric from this case. That's the way of it. But most, come the time of need -- skepticism aside -- will be requesting policing services should they find themselves at the receiving end violence, threat of violence or issues re. their property.

Or we can try Detroit or any major city sans police or locked doors for a week or two in January or July. Uh, nope.

You're putting a robber on quite a pedestal. You say that there's no way the police officer is telling the truth. There's no way this robber would assault a police officer.

That's one of the big issues we have in Detroit. Some people, such as yourself, have more trust in a robber than a police officer. You fear the police more than the scum of society.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-27-14 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    he's not responsible. I'd say that the prosecutor/DA was responsible for releasing the g**damn "conclusions" at 9:30 at night. All these dumbasses need to be fired/resign/arrested- the governor, the DA, the police chief, mayor, etc. Fire the entire police dept. They ALL blew it.
    It doesn't matter when they announced it, the rioting, looting, and fires would have happened.

If they announce it anytime between 7am and 7pm, people will complain that all the children were left alone while their parents worked and schools were closed.

Let's say they announced at noon. Guess what, all hell still would have broken loose. People would still be saying, "Why didn't they do something different!?!?". Hell breaking loose was planned and unavoidable because too many people wanted chaos.

The funny thing is that in these situation too often the wrong people are blamed. You know who I blame? The people that were rioting, flipping cars, setting them on fire, looting stores, and smashing windows.

Those people are the scum, not the government officials. The victims are the people of Ferguson. They're now out of jobs, have no places to shop, and will experience plummeting home values as anyone with upward mobility flees town.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Riiiight. Because it's acceptable to incite a riot by screaming at people to "burn the bitch down" because they released the decision at night.

Had they announced it during the day and the step-father said that, whoa, I am sure we would all agree that such action would most certainly NOT be ok. /sarc

This all makes sense.

It doesn't matter when they announced it, the rioting, looting, and fires would have happened.

If they announce it anytime between 7am and 7pm, people will complain that all the children were left alone while their parents worked and schools were closed.

Let's say they announced at noon. Guess what, all hell still would have broken loose. People would still be saying, "Why didn't they do something different!?!?". Hell breaking loose was planned and unavoidable because too many people wanted chaos.

The funny thing is that in these situation too often the wrong people are blamed. You know who I blame? The people that were rioting, flipping cars, setting them on fire, looting stores, and smashing windows.

Those people are the scum, not the government officials. The victims are the people of Ferguson. They're now out of jobs, have no places to shop, and will experience plummeting home values as anyone with upward mobility flees town.
    there's plenty of video. I bet not one person is charged with anything. Smh

there's rarely accountability for the violent perpetrators when they wear a uniform. Even less accountability when the "provocateurs" are policymakers. The DA, chief, mayor and governor pretty much wanted this to happen. They got what they wanted. Look for relatively anonymous land speculators to start buying up the burned-down properties in the near future.

I notice all the people who blindly support the police on this thread are the resident Republicans. No surprise. Taking the side of the white cop who can do no wrong. To them black lives don't matter. No surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I notice all the people who blindly support the police on this thread are the resident Republicans. No surprise. Taking the side of the white cop who can do no wrong. To them black lives don't matter. No surprise.
    most intelligent post in the thread.

Wow, that video is sick. Yeah, the guy was being a pain in the ass...

But where was the threat to life that they had to kill this guy?

Furthermore, 47 shots fired and 11 connected at under 20 feet? 23 percent?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast