Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    DetroitBoy Guest

She was a fine lady of Detroit and a unifying voice of reason during the '67 riots and the police tensions during the '70s. She would 'Buzz the Fuzz' and flatten any bullshit from either side. I wish she come back and talk some sense to these fools.

http://youtu.be/3nrFNC1HiYQ
    Last edited by DetroitBoy; November-28-14 at 08:21 AM.

Ive been doing my best to ignore all this news. Sorta thought this kid was a poor choice for the black community to rally around though. The party store video kinda confirms it. Mike Brown was not little and he seemed confrontational. I can imagine him doing some dumb shit to get himself shot. I dont much care for or respect the police though either so I like the idea of people standing up against them when they fuck up. They have cost me freedom and money, arrested me when they shouldnt have and over charged me. Police are supposed to be professional and know how to deal with difficult people. Jaywalking should never end in someone being shot. Especially if they are unarmed.
    Im glad there were no violent property damaging protests here.
    Last edited by rex; November-28-14 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Mr Wesley, It is not my place to apologize for someone I do not know. In this case Cliffi.I certainly do not agree with many forumers opinions and have taken several hits myself questioning veracity etc,

The comments made were completely and totally out of line. I am outraged that the comments to malign your opinions were so outrageous. Agree/disagree those comments made were disgusting. A forum is suppose to support open dialogue and attacks like that are unconscionable.

My husband and I have many interesting dialogues as a result of this forum, We don't always agree either. That's fine too.
    Sticks and stones. Thanks, sumas.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    ...Especially if they are unarmed.
    "unarmed" can still equal deadly, especially if 6' plus and 300lbs, then add in grabbing the cops gun [[proven by evidence on the inside of the cars door panel).

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Except the cop himself never even claimed to be attempting to arrest him for the "robbery." But if making shit up helps you sleep at night, by all means keep at it.
    Then why did Wilson call for backup -- which arrived moments after Brown came towards Wilson in what could best be described as a stupid move -- even for someone hopped up.

But what does it matter. The bottom line is that what led up to this situation has ZERO to do with how it ended. Brown assaulted Wilson -- which might have been fun and deserved -- but nonetheless is illegal. And Wilson shot Brown because he didn't raise his hands and stay put, but instead came towards Wilson. I don't know about you, but a 300# guy coming at me after already whacking me in the face shouldn't expect love.

DetroitBoy Guest

Apparently, everything Michael learned about impulse control he learned from his mother. What better way to express grief than assaulting Michael's grandmother?

It's a sad day for this country to have people of this caliber representing the U.S. to the United Nations.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...543#fbcomments
    Last edited by DetroitBoy; November-29-14 at 05:20 PM.

Looks like the shooter has resigned...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mic...esigns-n258226

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Looks like the shooter has resigned...
    I heard that he has sworn off all police work. In all the sympathising with the dead criminal, we forget that police work is no joy for those called to do things dangerous yet necessary.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; November-30-14 at 12:30 PM.

It's unfortunate that there are those who would "sympathize with the dead criminal" and unfortunate that legitimate criticism of systemic problems can be written off as "sympathizing with the dead criminal".

For many of us, this issue certainly transcends Michael Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    It's unfortunate that there are those who would "sympathize with the dead criminal" and unfortunate that legitimate criticism of systemic problems can be written off as "sympathizing with the dead criminal".

Well said...

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post

As it should. If you want the debate to transcend Michael Brown, I have two suggestions:

1) Do not call for the conviction of a police officer as proxy for your indictment of whites

2) Recognize that a 'conversation' about race cannot be based on the idea that the other side will accept all your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    As it should. If you want the debate to transcend Michael Brown, I have two suggestions:

1) Do not call for the conviction of a police officer as proxy for your indictment of whites

2) Recognize that a 'conversation' about race cannot be based on the idea that the other side will accept all your ideas.
    Is calling for the conviction of a police officer for reasons other than an indictment of whites satisfactory to you?

Everyone recognizes that a conversation about race cannot be based on the idea that the other side will accept all your ideas. Everyone recognizes that there are unenlightened, uneducated boneheads throughout the world.

The obvious suggestion, to expect those who disagree to view the conversation like adults, is certainly not viable either.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7