Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

I have nothing to add. I just wanted the be poster 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Zacha41 beat cha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Or maybe you have some lead persuasion should someone try to enter to harm you or your family...... If I were a robber I'd question a property that looks too obviously un-locked. Hah!!
    Like when the idiot younger brother in "Gone in 60 Seconds" stole the heroin kingpin's Eldorado because it had the keys in the ignition... The question posed to him was "What kind of person do you think feels comfortable leaving their keys in the ignition in that neighborhood?"

To another poster's point about plowing fertile home invasion ground... it's like I was told when I was considering additional "security" for my home in Ypsilanti. My buddy who grew up here said "Ypsi burglars rob houses in Ann Arbor. They're not going to break into your house for the same reason they're not going to break into mine. They assume you have the same crappy shit that they do"!!

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Our Detroit community wrote a grant for an expansion of a community garden for just kids. Three beds, a herb garden, a vegetable garden and a butterfly garden. The kids like the 2 cement garden gnomes in my backyard [[came with the house)which personally I find quite ugly. Paint to decorate them is part of the grant. Come spring, every time I see those statues in black face in the community garden, I'll think of you.
    This is suppose to make me upset? The fact you find cement garden gnomes ugly or that I would blanch at having a gnome in blackface. Neither is offensive to me. I don't get you Sue, why is everything always sharp elbows and vitriol?

the world is not out to get you. Everyone doesn't hate you. No one desires to persecute you. It is just that you invite others to poke you because your reactions are so out of proportion to the perceived slights.

if you really want to be left in peace, stop with the self-congratulations. It is off-putting to read about this or that fabulous thing you did for the world. The best way to stop that practice is to remove the words "I" and "me" from your lexicon. Really. If you truly care for others, you will take that advice to heart.

I'm so happy that this thread has become so frivolous yet amusing that this is what we're reduced to post about.

Hah. I'll consider it a Pyrrhic victory......

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    Zacha41 beat cha.

Uh, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    I'm so happy that this thread has become so frivolous yet amusing that this is what we're reduced to post about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Or maybe you have some lead persuasion should someone try to enter to harm you or your family...... If I were a robber I'd question a property that looks too obviously un-locked. Hah!!
    Ninja'd...

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    This is suppose to make me upset? The fact you find cement garden gnomes ugly or that I would blanch at having a gnome in blackface. Neither is offensive to me. I don't get you Sue, why is everything always sharp elbows and vitriol?

the world is not out to get you. Everyone doesn't hate you. No one desires to persecute you. It is just that you invite others to poke you because your reactions are so out of proportion to the perceived slights.

if you really want to be left in peace, stop with the self-congratulations. It is off-putting to read about this or that fabulous thing you did for the world. The best way to stop that practice is to remove the words "I" and "me" from your lexicon. Really. If you truly care for others, you will take that advice to heart.
    Grosse Pointes are a great place to live, nice people, nice shopping, great parks, good schools

Strange you take offense to the fact that a small area of Detroit wants the same. Improvements to the neighborhood/schools is a collective effort. Contributions by so many are impressive. Widely encompassing and diverse in age, color, education and all good things.

Projects are discussed at community meetings and agreed upon or tabled. No one single person is in charge, just really committed dedicated people to live a clean safe community. Things pf course are not perfect but community strives for goals to maintain a desirable locale in which to live.

No clue as to why you think any one person wishes to take credit.

If you take exception to my posts block them. Try reading your posts. They are filled with "you" and "yours" accusations.

Wait til Gilbert moves into GP and buys a barn. Those animals.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Wait til Gilbert moves into GP and buys a barn. Those animals.
    As long as he doesn't let his wife paint it I think we're good.

As long as he doesn't let his wife paint it I think we're good.

I hear she's taken to graffitiing. Her tag is quick'nchick, all in lowercase...

Just recently a couple of folks got robbed at gunpoint around Mack, Ave, Lake Pointe and Mason St. in Grosse Pointe Farms. The suspects got away in a jeep. My hunch black males from Detroit wearing Trayvon Martins. That's another ideal when Grosse Pointe is going Ghetto!

saturday night, my neighbor saw someone in his yard, though it was a friend or neighbor as we are usually walking through the yards visiting each other.. he opened his back door then realized it was someone trying to break into his garage door... probably should have just turned around and went in and called police but he yelled at him and confronted him... from around the back of the garage from behind another thug came up and jacked him in the head putting him down on the cement and almost out, then they both ran away... they accessed his yard via my backyard...

too bad he didn't/couldn't empty a clip into their asses, probably would have stopped a lot of the theft and home invasions in the area.. but then, these are probably good boys, never got into trouble before, only out looking for their lost cat and were startled when confronted by mean mr. GP'er....

this in on the heels of two cars being emptied of all contents while sitting in the driveway and another car being stolen, all within about a week, all within a block from my house, all within less than a 1/4 mile from the Woods Police station...

the woods police response was very quick but in reality there is nothing they can do other than show up after the fact.. they patrolled the entire neighborhood with lights on but no sirens for about an hour and half that saturday night...

the tranformation is complete.....

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Just recently a couple of folks got robbed at gunpoint around Mack, Ave, Lake Pointe and Mason St. in Grosse Pointe Farms. The suspects got away in a jeep. My hunch black males from Detroit wearing Trayvon Martins. That's another ideal when Grosse Pointe is going Ghetto!
    um Lakepointe is not in the Farms. Your locations are all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    saturday night, my neighbor saw someone in his yard, though it was a friend or neighbor as we are usually walking through the yards visiting each other.. he opened his back door then realized it was someone trying to break into his garage door... probably should have just turned around and went in and called police but he yelled at him and confronted him... from around the back of the garage from behind another thug came up and jacked him in the head putting him down on the cement and almost out, then they both ran away... they accessed his yard via my backyard...

too bad he didn't/couldn't empty a clip into their asses, probably would have stopped a lot of the theft and home invasions in the area.. but then, these are probably good boys, never got into trouble before, only out looking for their lost cat and were startled when confronted by mean mr. GP'er....

this in on the heels of two cars being emptied of all contents while sitting in the driveway and another car being stolen, all within about a week, all within a block from my house, all within less than a 1/4 mile from the Woods Police station...

the woods police response was very quick but in reality there is nothing they can do other than show up after the fact.. they patrolled the entire neighborhood with lights on but no sirens for about an hour and half that saturday night...

the tranformation is complete.....
    Everything's fine in my neck of the woods. Mostly Conservatives and probably armed...although they are too polite to advertise the fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Everything's fine in my neck of the woods. Mostly Conservatives and probably armed...although they are too polite to advertise the fact...
    you must be further east from Mack, towards the lake... Kercheval is the new Eight Mile......

"probably should have just turned around and went in and called police but he yelled at him and confronted him..."

This part about turning around [[preferably noiselessly and invisibly), going in, and calling the police is really hard to do and requires practice and discipline. Don't be hard on yourself.

you must be further east from Mack, towards the lake... Kercheval is the new Eight Mile......
    You obviously don't know shit about this area. Smh.

You obviously don't know shit about this area. Smh.
    huh? sMh......

Gp, absolutely folk don't know much about where you live. The GPs have a wealth of history and lovely homes, A drive around the Pointes in spring is always on my agenda. The flowering Redbuds and Dogwoods are spectacular. Then following, the rhododendrons and azaleas are so stunning. Don't much care for the Grosse Pointe weed [[Pachysandra) but hey not my home or community. Defend your community much like I do mine. Nice area and loads of happy homes. Sumas

And so long as they are not climbing thru your window robbing you for what you have worked hard for their presence should be at least tolerable......

Probably teenagers cruising for Ipads, flat screens, jewerly and and the usual loot. I AM NOT EXCUSING this behavior at all. But I know there are younger and younger perps out there and seeking high price stuff that is small and fast to grab, especially cars left open. If you confront directly there are added issues, one must be ready to deal with. Sad, someone is going to get hurt or killed.

I had a guy in my backyard last year [[we live a block off of Mack). Being that I was home alone and have been through this type of situation before, I yelled for my [[not home) husband to get our [[non-existent) gun, while dialing 911. Then I let my dog out on his sorry ass. My only regret is that she was not able to do any significant damage to him other that possibly causing him to soil his pants as he scooted over the back fence.

Quote Originally Posted by aoife View Post
    I had a guy in my backyard last year [[we live a block off of Mack). Being that I was home alone and have been through this type of situation before, I yelled for my [[not home) husband to get our [[non-existent) gun, while dialing 911. Then I let my dog out on his sorry ass. My only regret is that she was not able to do any significant damage to him other that possibly causing him to soil his pants as he scooted over the back fence.
    That made me laugh a bit. No one wants crime but it is funny when criminals get chased by dogs. I have three. They don't tolerate intimidation. So someone thinks they want my useless stuff, just open the door, the front yard gate and the dogs do their thing. The chase is wondrous to watch.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast