Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post

I ran into a bunch of neighbors as I parked my car; they were walking with kids and dogs. None of them had anything bad happen yesterday.

Of course, The Richville Police force and the Richville white folks want to keep it that way. You can see solid gold Kercheval St. business district is doing today. Much better than walking down on Mack Ave. between Conner and Alter Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    1. Detroit tolerates crime more than the GP's..... snitches get stiches...
    2. The League Shop and Starbucks in the Village/Hill are installing bulletproof glass and those little turnstiles that you put your money in and spin around, true sign of ghetto.
    Pictures or it's bullshit. I was there yesterday and saw none of this. I'll stop in this afternoon and take a look. Which "suburb" are you in?
    Going on a limb here and thinking that was a sarcastic post.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    We already know the other side of Mack is fire sale pricing. Why do you think there are so many homes for sale on the GP side? Are you living in denial or just stupid?
    There are always tons of houses for sale in the Pointes--it has little to do with Detroit. People who live there tend to stay there, but they do move around. I know 17 families who have moved in the past year--all of them stayed within one of the Pointes and all of them moved into bigger or "more desirable" houses [[i.e. extra baths or closer to the water). We plan on doing the same this year. I don't know anyone with an underwater house--that all got cleared up two years ago when the market came back. But I am glad you were able to "escape" in time. It would be a real drag to have you as a neighbor.

Question to Willie Sutton, famed bank robber from the 1950s - "Willie, why do you rob banks?"

Response from Willie Sutton - "Because that's where the money is."

If you were in the home invasion business, which side of Mack Avenue would you work?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Going on a limb here and thinking that was a sarcastic post.
    Bingo.

funny though he didn't dispute the other three references......

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    "Going Ghetto" = "More Detroiters Moving In" = "More Black People Moving In"
    Bingo !! You get a gold star.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    That's exactly the point. Generally speaking, crime in Detroit is tolerated. It isn't a civic or community emergency. That's, in part, why people left. If such incidents drove you crazy and set you on edge, you wouldn't be living in Detroit in the first place.

In the Pointes, crime isn't tolerated. That's why these incidents are a big deal. It isn't that people are "better" than in Detroit, but that crime is a far greater concern.
    And what makes you think the people in Detroit aren't concerned about crime? You make it sound like crime is only a concern in the Pointes which is ridiculous. There are a lot of good law abiding citizens that reside in Detroit, that hate and detest crime just like anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Maybe the Bob Bashara case represents that the Pointes are becoming a sex crazed Sodom and Gomorrah?
    Ole Bob was a freak of the week wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Great idea. Documentary seems more likely though. I'll even give you your moment of fame so you can deride Detroit. You will look like a total turd amidst the shining lights of people who make a difference.
    It must be okay to have an opinion if your a man but not okay if you are a woman. Go Sumas!

Now sexism has been brought into this shitshow of a thread. Good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Of course, The Grosse Pointe Police force and the Citizens want to keep it that way. You can see solid gold Kercheval St. business district is doing today. Much better than walking down on Mack Ave. between Conner and Alter Rd.
    There I fixed it for you. Damn right we are going to keep it that way. I work way too hard and have too much invested to let someone take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

In the Pointes, crime isn't tolerated. That's why these incidents are a big deal. It isn't that people are "better" than in Detroit, but that crime is a far greater concern.
    Crime is no less a concern in Detroit. The Pointes have better police response and coverage [[which hopefully returns to Detroit someday) but I wouldn't say they have a lower tolerance for crime.

what a coincidence, you just happened to run into this person while this thread was going on. I knew a guy who knew a guy...

I ran into a bunch of neighbors as I parked my car; they were walking with kids and dogs. None of them had anything bad happen yesterday.
    Exactly. I took my kid to school, ran errands, ate lunch in the village, took my kid to the play ground after school, came home to an unlocked house and nothing was missing and I didn't get assaulted. I didn't even carry a concealed weapon. No ghetto here.

If there is a question about what the latest crime stats for Detroit and GP activity has brought, check out the 350+ homes for sale in the Pointes. Sad that so many beautiful homes are being price reduced just to get them sold. I remember the days when GP was so desirable that prices were bid UP over asking price. When you see the map of what's on the block these days, it really tells the story:
    300+ homes for sale is a consistent number year after year.

We already know the other side of Mack is fire sale pricing. Why do you think there are so many homes for sale on the GP side? Are you living in denial or just stupid?
    Well since this thread will never be in the DYES Hall of Fame...

There are over 17,000 households in the Grosse Pointes, so with 350 up for sale... that's just 2%. So 98% of the folks living there aren't stampeding to get out of that hell hole...

Hmmm... I guess the "50 posts and half a brain" theory still stands unchallenged....
    Last edited by Gistok; November-14-14 at 02:54 PM.

I'm feeling you on that but there's no place on earth where I'd not lock my the doors to my home. No where...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Exactly. I took my kid to school, ran errands, ate lunch in the village, took my kid to the play ground after school, came home to an unlocked house and nothing was missing and I didn't get assaulted. I didn't even carry a concealed weapon. No ghetto here.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Sometimes I wonder that I bother to post at all.

Don't worry, everyone feels the same way.

This thread has all the craziness and stupidity of two drunk middle school girls fighting over who has better hair. For some reason, I can't stop reading it.

This is just gold all around. Thanks for the laughs everyone.

Don't press your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Oh I wouldn't assume that, it merely makes you an ass.

The Pointes are a great place to raise a family. Don't always agree with policies put in place sometimes, but it their community, their taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    This thread has all the craziness and stupidity of two drunk middle school girls fighting over who has better hair. For some reason, I can't stop reading it.

This is just gold all around. Thanks for the laughs everyone.
    Actually I agree with you but can't help myself defending Detroit, Look for my next post if you want to see feisty.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    Don't press your luck.
    Okay, I started locking my doors at night but I still leave ground floor windows open in the summer. And I never leave my car in the driveway and never leave the garage door open. Frankly, I'd be more concerned about black mold in the basement than being the victim of violent crime. Call me ballsy.
    Last edited by MikeM; November-14-14 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Our Detroit community wrote a grant for an expansion of a community garden for just kids. Three beds, a herb garden, a vegetable garden and a butterfly garden. The kids like the 2 cement garden gnomes in my backyard [[came with the house)which personally I find quite ugly. Paint to decorate them is part of the grant. Come spring, every time I see those statues in black face in the community garden, I'll think of you.
    Last edited by sumas; November-14-14 at 06:59 PM.

If there is a question about what the latest crime stats for Detroit and GP activity has brought, check out the 350+ homes for sale in the Pointes. Sad that so many beautiful homes are being price reduced just to get them sold. I remember the days when GP was so desirable that prices were bid UP over asking price. When you see the map of what's on the block these days, it really tells the story:
    Unless you back that up with some historical data, I think you are way off base. Take a look at the trend for $/ft2:

Name:  graph.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  21.4 KB

Looks much like almost all other communities that took a big hit but are rebounding. I don't see any evidence that "so many beautiful homes are being reduced just to get them sold." You must be reading a different "story."

Or maybe you have some lead persuasion should someone try to enter to harm you or your family...... If I were a robber I'd question a property that looks too obviously un-locked. Hah!!

I'd be more concerned about black mold in the basement than being the victim of violent crime. Call me ballsy.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast