Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

A special post to Gnome, now the kids want blue paint for smurfs, They are still ugly but I adore our neighbor kids. Whatever they want!

I am neither elbows nor vitriol. I am also not a sitting duck for rude comments.

Just to bump this troll thread for s&gs....
    GROSSE POINTE FARMS, GROSSE POINTE PARKNovember 17, 2014
    Armed robbers strike Sunday night in Grosse Pointe Farms, Park
    By K. Michelle Moran
    C & G Staff Writer

Police are investigating a pair of armed robberies Sunday night that appear to have been committed by the same suspects.

In Grosse Pointe Park, a report indicated that a man and a woman were returning to their home in the 1100 block of Lakepointe at 8:59 p.m. Nov. 16 when they were confronted and robbed by a pair of suspects with a gun. The robbers took the victims’ money and cellphones before fleeing southbound on foot through a nearby alley. Grosse Pointe Park Public Safety Chief David Hiller said his department called in Grosse Pointe Farms’ K-9 unit, but they lost the track after about three houses.

Because it was dark outside, Hiller said the victims weren’t able to get a good look at the suspects, but the victims did tell police they were both black males in their late teens or early 20s, and one of the suspects was armed with a handgun.

Hiller said a similar incident took place in Grosse Pointe Farms approximately 30 minutes before the incident in Grosse Pointe Park, and police believe the same suspects might have committed both crimes.

“We’re working with the Farms to see if they develop anything,” Hiller said.

“No one was injured,” Hiller said.

Both cases remained under investigation at press time.

Buffy and Muffy are SO upset. I understand this is a major topic of conversation at the CCD and Little Club bars.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Just to bump this troll thread for s&gs....
    good reminder. Almost forgot to call GPP mayor and council in support of keeping Kercheval closed until this shit is resolved.

Is there really a place called "Little Club"? Is that like a WASP Eastside version of the Village Club over on this side of town?

How do all these places stay in business? I don't know anyone under 50 that belongs to any of these types of places. As a great man once said, I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Re. thread topic, if a pattern is established on where these incursions are originating, I would absolutely put police checkpoints on the major arterials heading into the Pointes, and blockade any minor streets. It's a bit of an inconvenience, and some people will whine, but the Pointes need to essentially spread the word that it's a place you don't F with.
    Last edited by Bham1982; November-18-14 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

Re. thread topic, if a pattern is established on where these incursions are originating, I would absolutely put police checkpoints on the major arterials heading into the Pointes, and blockade any minor streets. It's a bit of an inconvenience, and some people will whine, but the Pointes need to essentially spread the word that it's a place you don't F with.
    The word is already out. Our cops don't fuck around and many of these folks are being caught. And if you think the cops are the only ones watching, you are WRONG.

Now those Richville Cops are going to look black males wearing Trayvon Martins and racially profile them. Just like that did it to me on the corner of Kercheval and Cadieux. Even at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Now those Richville Cops are going to look black males wearing Trayvon Martins and racially profile them. Just like that did it to me on the corner of Kercheval and Cadieux. Even at night.
    Nothing to worry about if your plates and record are clean and all your shit works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Is there really a place called "Little Club"? Is that like a WASP Eastside version of the Village Club over on this side of town?

How do all these places stay in business? I don't know anyone under 50 that belongs to any of these types of places. As a great man once said, I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Nothing to worry about here Bham. The Little Club, CCD, as well as the others are doing just fine. We keep the lights and the heat on and keep the staff employed. And I am only 49 years old. Many other members are younger than I. Your asinine assumptions are far from reality. Just because you don't know anyone that belongs doesn't mean we are not active. We are, indeed, real living and breathing people, and very vibrant clubs.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; November-18-14 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Nothing to worry about here Bham. The Little Club, CCD, as well as the others are doing just fine. We keep the lights and the heat on and keep the staff employed. And I am only 49 years old. Many other members are younger than I. Your asinine assumptions are far from reality. Just because you don't know anyone that belongs doesn't mean we are not active. We are, indeed, real living and breathing people, and very vibrant clubs.
    I often agree with Bham on many points, but this post of his was surprisingly cringe-worthy. Jealousy or bitterness rings in the font.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    I often agree with Bham on many points, but this post of his was surprisingly cringe-worthy. Jealousy or bitterness rings in the font.
    Dont worry, he wouldnt let himself into his own club, so he says...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    saturday night, my neighbor saw someone in his yard, though it was a friend or neighbor as we are usually walking through the yards visiting each other.. he opened his back door then realized it was someone trying to break into his garage door... probably should have just turned around and went in and called police but he yelled at him and confronted him... from around the back of the garage from behind another thug came up and jacked him in the head putting him down on the cement and almost out, then they both ran away... they accessed his yard via my backyard...

too bad he didn't/couldn't empty a clip into their asses, probably would have stopped a lot of the theft and home invasions in the area.. but then, these are probably good boys, never got into trouble before, only out looking for their lost cat and were startled when confronted by mean mr. GP'er....

this in on the heels of two cars being emptied of all contents while sitting in the driveway and another car being stolen, all within about a week, all within a block from my house, all within less than a 1/4 mile from the Woods Police station...

the woods police response was very quick but in reality there is nothing they can do other than show up after the fact.. they patrolled the entire neighborhood with lights on but no sirens for about an hour and half that saturday night...

the tranformation is complete.....
    thought I would follow up on this from what I found out.. thought not to tip the ox cart of political correctness, but with the recent shooting of the GP girl thought it might show a trend

anyway, the neighbor girl has a kid, shes white, kid looks like denzel washington, fucking cute as hell, parents in total denial of the race

so, this neighbor girl, barely employed, from a decent GP family, ventures regularly into Detroit, has "ghetto" tattoos all over that she gets from the back room of a "guy" in the D

this is what the kids in GP are doing, parents in full denial

anyway, with the situation I described, the girl has no responsibility for the kid, grandparents taking care of it 100%, she is beligerant as hell, they love her but cant put up with her shit

they changed the locks on their house once they found her stealing from them.... from what Ive heard from police, they perpertator knew the neighbor, big black guy, send from the girl friend to retreive some items since she was locked out, confronted by my neighbor, who was thence cold cocked.... case closed, domestic violence... detroit meet GP

love GP

MAcc Guest

I think you're describing the regular GP. There's a tony part of GP doesn't associate with the bottom-rung commoners who live in the $50K-200K houses. Just like there's a sect of Birmingham that won't associate with Grove or the Southfield/Troy border crowd. The girls in the car last night were bottom-rung. I rather safely assume the girl at Liggett is on a substantial means-based scholarship.

Isn't anyone else tired of living in a region where it is increasingly impossible to find a place to live that isn't some variation of dogshit? I mean, I feel like we're running from foxhole to foxhole. This isn't sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by MAcc View Post
    I think you're describing the regular GP. There's a tony part of GP doesn't associate with the bottom-rung commoners who live in the $50K-200K houses. Just like there's a sect of Birmingham that won't associate with Grove or the Southfield/Troy border crowd. The girls in the car last night were bottom-rung. I rather safely assume the girl at Liggett is on a substantial means-based scholarship.

Yes, I concur.

How could she be... [[have been less than bottom rung [another word for trash]) when everything points in that direction.

Again, this is not of question of race but of means as you say. Let's eliminate the bothersome racial thing and focus on that instead. There should be a way of dividing the wealthier parts of GP from the poorer. I would use the word sheltering to soften the pill of those who would rather have a tent city put up than contribute to an honest day's work toward property ownership.

This topic makes the Barn debacle on Alter seem like a lame episode of Green Acres.
    Last edited by canuck; December-24-14 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Isn't anyone else tired of living in a region where it is increasingly impossible to find a place to live that isn't some variation of dogshit? I mean, I feel like we're running from foxhole to foxhole. This isn't sustainable.
    Maybe for you. There are way too many people who've lived here all their lives with no problem at all.

thought I would follow up on this from what I found out.. thought not to tip the ox cart of political correctness, but with the recent shooting of the GP girl thought it might show a trend

anyway, the neighbor girl has a kid, shes white, kid looks like denzel washington, fucking cute as hell, parents in total denial of the race

so, this neighbor girl, barely employed, from a decent GP family, ventures regularly into Detroit, has "ghetto" tattoos all over that she gets from the back room of a "guy" in the D

this is what the kids in GP are doing, parents in full denial

anyway, with the situation I described, the girl has no responsibility for the kid, grandparents taking care of it 100%, she is beligerant as hell, they love her but cant put up with her shit

they changed the locks on their house once they found her stealing from them.... from what Ive heard from police, they perpertator knew the neighbor, big black guy, send from the girl friend to retreive some items since she was locked out, confronted by my neighbor, who was thence cold cocked.... case closed, domestic violence... detroit meet GP

love GP
    Still waiting for the trend data. You told a story about one neighbor. Means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Maybe for you. There are way too many people who've lived here all their lives with no problem at all.
    GP don't let people jerk your chains. The Pointes are fine and very stable. I may not like walls or policy decisions but I no longer live there so zippo input, which is ok. I choose not to shop there any more becauset I support my community too. Blanket staetments that come from ignorance should be ignored

The GP trashing and "scare" tactics on the board make me wonder if those dolts are in real estate. I remember after the 67 riots my folks would get all sorts of offers for a cheap buy out of Detroit so we could "escape". Tossed in the trash.

I can get a bit defensive at the constant Detroit bashing. I have been mean, on occaision belittled burbs. I think it appropriate you defend your community as I do mine.

Ste Sumas

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    GP don't let people jerk your chains. The Pointes are fine and very stable. I may not like walls or policy decisions but I no longer live there so zippo input, which is ok. I choose not to shop there any more becauset I support my community too. Blanket staetments that come from ignorance should be ignored

The GP trashing and "scare" tactics on the board make me wonder if those dolts are in real estate. I remember after the 67 riots my folks would get all sorts of offers for a cheap buy out of Detroit so we could "escape". Tossed in the trash.

I can get a bit defensive at the constant Detroit bashing. I have been mean, on occaision belittled burbs. I think it appropriate you defend your community as I do mine.

Ste Sumas
    Wise words. Many of the worst critics of both cities don't even live nearby. They don't realize their comments actually hurt Detroit but they don't care. Keyboard commandos actually do not reflect what I see in daily interactions in town.

I wish the two cities could work together but after recent childish comments by both Mayors I'm wondering if a wall might be just what both of them want. They need to quit trying to out-piss each other on TV and start actually working on problems. For that matter, the media disgusts me. I saw them trolling Kercheval looking for trouble while workers moved the sheds, and their behavior at the prayer vigil for the slain teen was disgraceful. Running around setting up the perfect shot of people who were crying and praying like it was a movie shoot.

You can't force people to get along with others but if you set a good example [[sounds like you do by the way) and others see it, things might just improve.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I remember after the 67 riots my folks would get all sorts of offers for a cheap buy out of Detroit so we could "escape". Tossed in the trash.
    so many were lucky they didn't get out and held on to the American dream home in Detroit, the return on investment for real estate [[residential) in Detroit from 1968 up to 2010 has been fantastic......

GP is practically a museum of pre-WWII houses of spectacular architecture, thousands of mature trees, and a walk-ability that is missing in many of the newer places built since. It has the good fortune not to have been dissected by freeways and overpopulated with strip malls. Unlike many communities of the suburbs and exurbs it grew organically from summer cottages to industrial wealth mansions to upper middle class neighborhoods. It has always been a place of mixed housing types and residents of varying incomes more characteristic of a small town. It was not built as single homogenized development to accommodate "white flight" as is the case of most of the suburbs of the metro area. The "money" of SE Michigan with some exceptions has indeed moved north and west, but as someone who moved here in 1960 for high school I'm happy to report that GP has never looked better. I only hope that Detroit will succeed in its revitalization efforts as our futures are most definitely linked.

Quote Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
    GP is practically a museum of pre-WWII houses of spectacular architecture, thousands of mature trees, and a walk-ability that is missing in many of the newer places built since. It has the good fortune not to have been dissected by freeways and overpopulated with strip malls. Unlike many communities of the suburbs and exurbs it grew organically from summer cottages to industrial wealth mansions to upper middle class neighborhoods. It has always been a place of mixed housing types and residents of varying incomes more characteristic of a small town. It was not built as single homogenized development to accommodate "white flight" as is the case of most of the suburbs of the metro area. The "money" of SE Michigan with some exceptions has indeed moved north and west, but as someone who moved here in 1960 for high school I'm happy to report that GP has never looked better. I only hope that Detroit will succeed in its revitalization efforts as our futures are most definitely linked.
    Thank you expatriate, A nice summation in brief of the Pointes and how it has stayed intact. My opinions on the walls are well known but won't repeat what I have already said too many times.

Stunning homes, great parks, libraries that are open daily.good schools. diversiity of housing. I love to drive the pointes in spring with the flowering trees and shrubs. The history is facinating. It hurts to read GP detactors because it only spews from hate towards Detroit and GP proxiimaty to same.

Always nice to hear from people who left for many valid reasons but don;t brag their" escape".

so many were lucky they didn't get out and held on to the American dream home in Detroit, the return on investment for real estate [[residential) in Detroit from 1968 up to 2010 has been fantastic......
    n
    No clue if you are being snide. The Detroit market has seen major swings. For people in for the long haul the pricing is kind of redundant but certainly is tracked by home owners. Case in point, my folks bought in EEV in 1963 for 18K, at one point valued @ 120k, dropped to about 28K, up to about 60K now. My son got the home from my Moms estate and doubt he cares about value, he ain't selling
    Last edited by sumas; December-29-14 at 09:37 PM.

DetroitBoy Guest

Another sad moment for the Pointes. More out of control behavior at North HS. I love the parent's comment how 'it's an adjustment for everyone...this is not the GP of 1965'. Just awful.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/27...-pointe-school

Let's hope there won't be riots like at Harper Woods High School. Riots at the 4th of July fireworks in the Woods. Scrapers stealing furnances and water heaters out of homes for sale in the Woods. It goes on and on.

What's next as the area continues to decline?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    Another sad moment for the Pointes. More out of control behavior at North HS. I love the parent's comment how 'it's an adjustment for everyone...this is not the GP of 1965'. Just awful.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/27...-pointe-school

Let's hope there won't be riots like at Harper Woods High School. Riots at the 4th of July fireworks in the Woods. Scrapers stealing furnances and water heaters out of homes for sale in the Woods. It goes on and on.

What's next as the area continues to decline?
    Oy Vey! Please refrain from such exaggeration and senseless sensationalism. This were no riots at the fireworks last June. It was a large group of classless, out of control non-residents starting fights among themselves. There was no property damage and there were no serious injuries. Nothing that would rise to the level of a riot took place. It was a bunch of non-resident thugs and hoodlums looking to disrupt a nice family-oriented evening.

And yes, while scumbag criminal thieves have stolen infrastructure from a few unoccupied for sale homes in the last few years, this happens everywhere and considerably more frequently in Detroit though. The police are paying heightened attention to homes that are vacant and on the market.

I assure you that the five Grosse Pointes are still very desirable places to live as evidenced by the many homes that are sold at or above asking price within days of being listed on the market. The increasing sale prices of these home also attest to this fact.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good-old suburb bashing.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; January-18-15 at 03:04 PM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast