Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    Another sad moment for the Pointes. More out of control behavior at North HS. I love the parent's comment how 'it's an adjustment for everyone...this is not the GP of 1965'. Just awful.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/27...-pointe-school

Let's hope there won't be riots like at Harper Woods High School. Riots at the 4th of July fireworks in the Woods. Scrapers stealing furnances and water heaters out of homes for sale in the Woods. It goes on and on.

What's next as the area continues to decline?
    Maybe homeowners will grow some balls and make a scrapper's day turn out bad.

DetroitBoy Guest

Go oyyy yourself.

On July 4th, 1500 out of control youths overwhelmed 65 cops of which there were 32 [[all hands from GPW) with back ups from the other Pointes, Harper Woods, Hamtramck AND the Wayne County Sherrif. Sure, most non riots require this kind of law enforcement response.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...sion/19978757/

Discussion from the residents:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Its-T...81816895334418

For over 50 years GPW had fireworks on the 4th which were open to everyone. No more.

Another sad moment for the Pointes. More out of control behavior at North HS. I love the parent's comment how 'it's an adjustment for everyone...this is not the GP of 1965'. Just awful.

Let's hope there won't be riots like at Harper Woods High School. Riots at the 4th of July fireworks in the Woods. Scrapers stealing furnances and water heaters out of homes for sale in the Woods. It goes on and on.

Let me know when they start stealing cars in Detroit and stripping them in driveways in Grosse Pointe. I'll park my clunker out front, remove the wheels and set it on landscape blocks to start the trend.

The stupid shit that gets posted on here cracks me up.

Go oyyy yourself.

On July 4th, 1500 out of control youths overwhelmed 65 cops of which there were 32 [[all hands from GPW) with back ups from the other Pointes, Harper Woods, Hamtramck AND the Wayne County Sherrif. Sure, most non riots require this kind of law enforcement response.

For over 50 years GPW had fireworks on the 4th which were open to everyone. No more.
    Again, no property damage, no serious injuries and no riot. Just a large number of non-residents causing trouble. In case you did not catch that the first 3 times... it was NON-RESIDENTS. These were not residents of Grosse Pointe causing trouble. How does this indicate that GP is in a serious state of decline? If the NON-RESIDENTS stayed in their own cities that night there would have been no trouble.

But go on with your nonsense if it makes you feel good about yourself and makes you forget about your own city's deficiencies. Feh!

Go oyyy yourself.

Visitors caused all those problems, we didn't. The visitors represented their city badly, but it did not reflect on the Pointes.

You need some new material.

A incident involving a female teen being body slam into a locker by a male student at Richville North High School is sign that its going ghetto! Wait until the beautiful business district on Mack Ave. from Moross Dr. to E. Eight Mile Rd. in Grosse Pointe Woods disappear within 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    A incident involving a female teen being body slam into a locker by a male student at Richville North High School is sign that its going ghetto! Wait until the beautiful business district on Mack Ave. from Moross Dr. to E. Eight Mile Rd. in Grosse Pointe Woods disappear within 30 years.
    Dude you crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I think a lot of other people wonder the same thing.
    Thank you dear! The tide is turning. The forum will be peopled once again with people of wit, vision, artististic ability and brain.

Not sure you fit in. Just why are you on a YES forum?

Me, I am a no body, at least, I have the class to admit that. I admire so many on the forum. You are not included in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Quite the future prediction there. I, being a glass half full kind of guy, will predict just the opposite. In 15 years, not thirty, high resolution wireless cheap digital cameras connected to computers will be able to search the path of any vehicle even pedestrians and will be hung on every utility/light pole almost everywhere making your "ghettos" shrink considerably when the ability to commit mobile crime is practically extinguished. It will be too hard to pull off. Whenever a crime is committed, they will be able to identify the vehicle/individual going to it and literally right back to where they settled. Then the developers will be putting new subdivisions on the urban prairies of the east side not being able to resist the affordable well located land.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Visitors caused all those problems, we didn't. The visitors represented their city badly, but it did not reflect on the Pointes.

You need some new material.
    GP we have certainly had varied opinions on the Detroit/GP border.

Once again, don't let people whoop you. Defend the integrity of your community. We live in Detroit, my community, the best too. Just a little less funded. Not quite Kosher but still awesome.

Have some fun. The forum allows blocking annoying posts. Personally have no issues with dissenting opinions, but asses are asses. Too much fun to see posts blocked from insane posts.

No doubt we might butt heads in the future, but I am dealing with a sane person with valid comments. All the best. Sumas

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Thank you dear! The tide is turning. The forum will be peopled once again with people of wit, vision, artististic ability and brain.

Not sure you fit in. Just why are you on a YES forum?

Me, I am a no body, at least, I have the class to admit that. I admire so many on the forum. You are not included in that group.

The fact that you went trolling for and responded to a two month old post says it all about you.

People that claim they have class do not have class. It is not classy to tell people you have class.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    People that claim they have class do not have class. It is not classy to tell people you have class.
    It is not classy to tell people who have class that they don't because you claim it is not classy for them to say they have class.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    It is not classy to tell people who have class that they don't because you claim it is not classy for them to say they have class.
    lol! good one!

It still seems nice during the day. I read the FP and Detroit News daily and haven't noticed any articles referencing home invasions. Anyone ever get the scoop on what the real deal is on those teens getting shot near the border? Something isn't adding up and the papers have not done the typical reporting with frequent updates.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen won View Post
    It still seems nice during the day. I read the FP and Detroit News daily and haven't noticed any articles referencing home invasions. Anyone ever get the scoop on what the real deal is on those teens getting shot near the border? Something isn't adding up and the papers have not done the typical reporting with frequent updates.
    Not sure what you mean by typical updates from basic news sources. The papers/local news don't do much follow up. Mostly transplants writers now, who. are clueless about the D.

Was it Paul Harvey??? " The rest of the story". those days seem gone.

Be nice to see conclusions about "breaking" stories. Not seeming to happen these days. Just shock value headlines, then a press vacuum.

Well this Free Press story, posted today, is apropos of the discussion here:
    From detroit free press:
    Police make arrest in 7-Eleven armed robbery
    Morey-Greer was arrested on Jan. 16 by St. Clair Shores Police and charged with one count of armed robbery.
    The 7-11 robber is found to be a female resident of Grosse Pointe Park.
    I can't communicate how startling it is, for a person who grew up on the lower east side, shopping in the Village, swimming, skating with friends from GPP and aware of the standards required to have a home there [[so impossible to comprehend now) how startling this story is.

http://on.freep.com/1JbjUMe

Sent from my iPhone

[QUOTE=SWMAP;467377]Well this Free Press story, posted today, is apropos of the discussion here:
    From detroit free press:
    Morey-Greer was arrested on Jan. 16 by St. Clair Shores Police and charged with one count of armed robbery.
    I can't communicate how startling it is, for a person who grew up on the lower east side, shopping in the Village, swimming, skating with friends from GPP and aware of the standards required to have a home there [[so impossible to comprehend now) how startling this story is.

You mean for someone from GP to actually be the one who is committing the robbery? Thought it sounded kind of weird, don't usually hear of this type of thing occurring in the past, maybe it is a changing of the guard..... Lots of GP'ers might be up in arms about this one.

MAcc Guest

[QUOTE=boater4life;467381]
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Well this Free Press story, posted today, is apropos of the discussion here:
    From detroit free press:

You mean for someone from GP to actually be the one who is committing the robbery? Thought it sounded kind of weird, don't usually hear of this type of thing occurring in the past, maybe it is a changing of the guard..... Lots of GP'ers might be up in arms about this one.
    Section 8 hood rat. Renter, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post

Originally Posted by DetroitBoy

Maybe homeowners will grow some balls and make a scrapper's day turn out bad.
    obvious troll obviously trolling aside.... the video has been blown way out of proportion because most viewers have no idea what was actually going on. As has been further reported, the black male teen was doing a stupid internet meme of "dunking" over stuff. you record yourself fake dunking over unsuspecting people and in silly situations. The kid got an inschool suspension, apologized and the precious white flower so sullied in being touched by the black male was in school the next day [[not "afraid to return" as was originally reported) The only reason this has exploded as it has is because racists see a black male touching an white female and go all blind with rage and what passes for media around here knows they have a bucket of chum to dump in the water. The commenter is right... GP isn't what it was 50 years ago and that isn't necessarily all bad.
    Last edited by bailey; January-21-15 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boater4life View Post

St. Clair Shores [[and Macomb County in general) would do well to install some sort of farmers market at around Jefferson and 9 Mile Rd., maybe a few barns, to block off traffic and keep the Grosse Pointe riff raff out of their city... would probably create a more walk friendly nautical mile area, also, a right turn only sign coming out of the woods lakefront park would aleviate these grosse pointe scum from going into SCS to rob and pillage.....

[QUOTE=MAcc;467408]

Section 8 hood rat. Renter, of course.
    Why would you say renter of course. We were renters in GPP for several years. Knew our neighbors, maintained our rental property. Took care of old folks in near proximity.

Careful who you slam.

I am a serious city person, a home owner and find many suburbanites on DY to be fine people who love their communities too.

Why not be honest, Section 8, hood rat, why not just say what you want to say. Must be those black folk horning in. Fortunately, the IQ on the forum is several steps above your base accussations.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Why not be honest, Section 8, hood rat, why not just say what you want to say. Must be those black folk horning in. Fortunately, the IQ on the forum is several steps above your base accussations.
    Given that the non-black hood rat population on the East Side Detroit is probably well under 1%, it's a silly claim.

Yeah, obviously hood rats invading the Pointes are probably going to be black [[and male, and young, and from Detroit) moreso than Swabian, Laotian or Guatemalan. How obviously racist to point out reality! Maybe it's really invading armies of Swiss grandmas!
    Last edited by Bham1982; January-22-15 at 08:55 PM.

So if I were to be looking at a house in GP, it would probably be wise for my long term investment if I didn't purchase there??

So if I were to be looking at a house in GP, it would probably be wise for my long term investment if I didn't purchase there??
    Really? Investment wisdom is what you seek? In this thread? Just curious did you read it than think this was the right place to get a intelligent unbiased answer? Do you usually make financial investment decisions with this kind of research?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast