Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's true. I think the adaptation from the long-standing $20 [[$10 if you paid withing 10 days) past rate is what was initially unsettling. Now when I see a meter I think $45 mula and go find a lot or leave and do my business or dining elsewhere.
    I agree. There is absolutely nothing I need in the Downtown/Midtown area that would make me pay $20 for parking or risk a $45 ticket. I can drive 10 minutes in the opposite direction and park and shop all day long if I need to. And if I DO get a parking ticket, it's $3. Detroit can be it's own worst enemy.

Yeah I hear you, when I go downtown and want a relaxing dinner without looking at my watch I just park in a structure... otherwise the risk is too high.

Now you made me hungry. Making french toast, bacon and grits. Hopefully no tickets in front of my home. Bread from Milano bakery although I do buy from On the Rise Bakery too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Oh, and use the the video camera on your phone to document that the device does not work.
    Lookout Labs determined the top ten cities in the U.S. for phone loss during 2011, inconveniencing residents’ daily lives and resulting in financial losses:
    Philadelphia
    Seattle
    Oakland
    Long Beach
    Newark
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Baltimore
    New York
    Boston

Interestingly, many of the cities with highest rates of lost and stolen phones also were in the top ranks for the FBI’s most recent crime statistics. Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland and Newark, were amongst the 10 cities with the highest crime rates in the U.S.

be safe when looking at your phones. remember , you're in the big city now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3