Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

La Nina is still hanging at the
    South Pacific Ocean.
    No, it isn't.

Currently conditions are neutral, but an El Nino is expected to start within the next couple of months.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...-fcsts-web.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    No, it isn't.

Currently conditions are neutral, but an El Nino is expected to start within the next couple of months.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...-fcsts-web.pdf

That will be a 1-2 month cool warm-up period until La Nina returns in January.

Here's more than you ever wanted to know about the Detroit zone winter forecast:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display...05043&source=0

"Polar vortex".

aka, January and February.

I believe it will be around as cold, maybe colder as last winter but that we will have less snow. If you remember last year, the snowfall slowed down significantly when the Great Lakes finished freezing over.

Most of the Great Lakes never warmed up to average temps this year due to all the rainfall and lower temps for the early part of the season. As such, if the temps are as cold, they would theoretically freeze even sooner than last year, putting a damper on the lake effect snow even earlier in the year. It's certainly possible that we could get more snowfall originating from outside of the region to make up the difference, but my gut tells me we don't come anywhere near as close to what we had last winter in terms of snowfall.

In November: There will be more chances for snow showers and colder temps.

I was right and here comes the Polar Vortex!

Yeah, there is a chance for sprinkles. I mean, it's cold, yeah, but uhhh... that happens. It's Michigan.

...and there are still folks out there who dont't believe in Climate Change...

Willi Guest

Always a grand ol' party as the spring rain hits the frozen ground and causing flooding.
    It's Michigan you must love water, in your basement, on your porch, in the street, etc.

Danny was right. Again.

horrible weather. it does a number on my knees... I don't look forward to any blizzards.

Where do we send the checks to stop the global warming? If it gets any warmer around here in November....

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    Yeah, there is a chance for sprinkles. I mean, it's cold, yeah, but uhhh... that happens. It's Michigan.

And I quote..."
    Follow by brief semi-cool warm ups in between..." This State will get a semi-cool warm-ups before Thanksgiving weekend.

I was right!

same place you send the checks to stop global climate change and stop global storm increases.

buy a wind turbine today!

Rather than an action ozone day, we all need to reverse that and start up everything. Turn on the lawn mowers, generators, fuel up your cars all at once. Maybe, just maybe, we can turn this thing around

At least we aren't in Buffalo. Scary stuff over there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6184952.html

According to various weather radar websites, all this snow we've had around Detroit today is lake-effect snow all the way from Lake Michigan. It's been forming on the eastern shore and marching all the way across the LP. Isn't that unusual? I don't remember ever seeing it stretch that far before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2