Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Also watch for the right turners, they will floor it through school kids crossing in Rottenchester.

And they act like it's a daily thing.

The white-on-red metal plates on the previous posts look identical to the plates my brother and I had on our bikes ca. 1964-65. They were thought to be a deterent to bicycle theft, but the fact was if your bike was stolen, the thieves could easily cut the plates off with a pair of pliers and go on about their business.

We had them because we thought they looked cool, not because we were worried about the cops. I never once heard about the DPD in my neighborhood hassling kids for not having bike tags. They had more important things to deal with.

Awesome, thanks for answering my question. "Sometime in the 1960s" will do it. I proudly sport my A-67153 plate on my bike as I ride around Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    If you can wait until next April 26th, then you can go here:
    http://www.ann-arbor-bicycleshow.com/ I don’t think you will find a larger or nicer bicycle show east of the Midwest than this one.

Or you can try Memory Lane Classics just outside of Toledo
    http://www.memorylane-classics.com/ But I would suspect they would have more Ohio license plates.

Other than that you can generally find one on eBay. Some plates come stamped with the year of registration.

BTW, looks like a pre-war, Roadmaster [[3-gill) girls bike built by Cleveland Welding Co. I have a 1941 3-gill that CWC badged-up for the Packard Motor Car Co.
    Attachment 24824Attachment 24825
    That's a great looking bike... Bet it's worth quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    That's a great looking bike... Bet it's worth quite a bit.
    Appreciate the compliment and yes it probably is worth a few bucks since I restored it.

BTW, if you are into old bicycles the Packard Proving Grounds has added a vintage bicycle class to their annual show on Sunday, June 12th. I will be showing my Packard Bicycle there and about 9 others are also registered to appear. Registration is still open, please see the attached form.

While this is designed mainly for kids to enter [[it is FREE) and allows 3 adults to accompany the exhibitor, it doe a few of us get a chance to show off our rides.

Please see the attached flyer and registration form.

Name:  CarsRStars2016 - Low Res.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  195.6 KB
    Name:  Bicycle Registration.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  98.4 KB

Thanks for the heads-up. Will try to attend. Speaking of old bikes, I had a Schwinn Lemon Peeler [[Yellow) growing up. I'm sure you remember those, they came in different colors and names, and had a stick shift type gear changer, small front tire, with disc brakes, and banana style seat. Man, I wish I kept that bike now.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2