Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by gvidas View Post
    Could be a lazy/stupid/busy realtor. Or a brilliant one.

It seems to me that the easiest way to get your listing highlighted on curbed is to make it fairly ridiculous. If the pictures were generic good pictures, I doubt I would have looked at the listing.
    VERY good point! This thread alone has had 1677 views as I post.

anonJD Guest

This has been a tear down for 50 years. I've seen Oakland County lake front houses in exponentially better shape meet the bulldozer. This is only a gem "worth" saving in theory, that is, when you're spending someone else's or fictitious money you don't have. In the real world this is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post
    This has been a tear down for 50 years. I've seen Oakland County lake front houses in exponentially better shape meet the bulldozer. This is only a gem "worth" saving in theory, that is, when you're spending someone else's or fictitious money you don't have. In the real world this is worthless.
    ... anyone with 50 posts and half a brain [[oops, sorry)... knows that with the virtually non existent craftsmanship that did all the detail work on this house that cannot be replicated today... will find value in this house... but not at $1.2 million. It may fetch half that.

anonJD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ... anyone with 50 posts and half a brain [[oops, sorry)... knows that with the virtually non existent craftsmanship that did all the detail work on this house that cannot be replicated today... will find value in this house... but not at $1.2 million. It may fetch half that.
    That's why it's been in the hands of deadbeats for decades...

Having spent time in the real estate business for a while, I have come across many sellers who are delusional and lazy - or just plain stupid as well.

The fact that the home is a huge mess is on the seller - not the Realtor [[yes, the word is capitalized). It is not the agent's job to clean the house. While I agree that it IS the agent's job to vet the photos, and certainly press the sellers to CLEAN UP THE HOUSE YOU WANT TO SELL, I would bet tomorrow's donuts that the agent was presented with, "We want to sell this house. List it at X, take the pictures tomorrow and get it on the market immediately."

There are many quality agents who would not put their name on such a poorly prepared and badly represented listing, but with the state of the real estate market being what it is there are also not a few agents who would also roll the dice. Even going for half of asking, it would still net an agent $6,000 - and that is with a 2% commission at a 50% split. With an agent with some experience who negotiates better and handles the "bad photo blowback" it could be as much as $12,000 [[2.5% comm, 70% split - which experienced agents get all day long). Point being: there is some money to be made selling this house.

And anyone who has ever gone house shopping knows that those sparkly, perfectly clean, well laid out photos can conceal a host of issues and problems...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2