Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    We have complained. There is no way that they are unaware that they suck.

I've found the best way is to speak with my dollars. Woodward Coney has food in front of my face in about 3 minutes.
    I'm not defending BWW.. but If speed in getting food to your face is your sole metric for measuring a restaurant's competence [[clearly it's not the food or atmosphere or beer selection or general cleanliness...because.. woodward coney is your comp) then why do you even leave your car? Plenty of drive thru food places around town for your convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I'm not defending BWW.. but If speed in getting food to your face is your sole metric for measuring a restaurant's competence [[clearly it's not the food or atmosphere or beer selection or general cleanliness...because.. woodward coney is your comp) then why do you even leave your car? Plenty of drive thru food places around town for your convenience.
    Yeah, speed of delivery isn't really a primary concern for a place like Buffalo Wild Wings. It's a sports bar that markets its entire position on the idea of staying there for a long time. They want people to come, sit for a few hours, drink beer, hang out with friends, and watch sports. "Fast food" is not, and has not really ever been, one of their main goals. They have a decent beer selection, a million TVs, and a great sound system. Those are the things that are important to a successful sports bar, not getting your food in 10 minutes. I have been there to watch football a few times, and it doesn't bother me one bit when food takes 20 minutes to come out, because I'm there watching football with friends. I've also been there a few times when it's slow and wings were out in like 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    The issue with BWW is that sometimes it can take over an hour to get your food, and when you do it's COLD! At noon people aren't looking to get drunk, those are your working folks. They want to eat and get out within an hour, because they're on lunch break.

Woodward Coney isn't fine dining, but it's a solid option. Food tastes good. The staff are friendly and "real".

As to why I don't hit a drive-thru, I work downtown and I'm looking to pickup some food without getting into my car.

Even if you go to a fine dining establishment where your food isn't going to be ready in three minutes, you at least get it within 20-30 minutes, and it's not cold.

BWW in Detroit is just amazingly underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    BWW in Detroit is just amazingly underwhelming.
    I have yet to find one anywhere that is not. The Detroit one is par for the course. I am amazed that people expect it to be any different.

Sorry for the threadjack but does anybody have a rational explanation for the age 21+ requirement that this BWW applies on a seemingly random basis? Failed to get an understandable explanation from manager or bouncer on two different occasions. I'm done with the place. They make admission a guessing game for any group that includes people under age 21.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I have yet to find one anywhere that is not. The Detroit one is par for the course. I am amazed that people expect it to be any different.
    I agree. Went once to one in the 'burbs for an office function. People kept coming up to me asking "aren't these the best?!?!" No, no they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yes, where Slows was mentioned, I responded. You should 'respond' to the origin of the comment......
    I think they were saying you should read it again with the sarcasm tags in place!

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Sorry for the threadjack but does anybody have a rational explanation for the age 21+ requirement that this BWW applies on a seemingly random basis? Failed to get an understandable explanation from manager or bouncer on two different occasions. I'm done with the place. They make admission a guessing game for any group that includes people under age 21.
    Isn't it just 21+ after a certain time of day? I thought it was something like 9:00

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Isn't it just 21+ after a certain time of day? I thought it was something like 9:00
    They have the same policy at the Ferndale location

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3