Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Technically not true! People still shop in malls, big boxes and mom and pop retails. Most downtowns in most American cities are not dying. People want to keep shopping traditional. It's good exercise, keeping up with your health and learning the value of the dollar. People shop more outside instead of the internet. It's to keep us from being slothful.

One day Gilberttown Detroit will come back to life where people live, work and play all around.

I have to agree with you Danny. Even if to try an item of clothing they will later buy on the internet, folks will visit a store to make sure their purchase is a good fit. I find the internet good for a lot of things, and so-so for others. It may be that in time we will have biodimensional scanners to get a true fit dispatched to an electronic seamstress or tailor but we are still short of that. What is the use of buying clothes from a computer screen if the experience of going out is nixed in the first place. Fuggit.

Personally, I like to walk a busy commercial street even though I won't patronize a tiny fraction of the businesses on it. In the end, it's about experiencing life in the city or town, and communing with other humans in a haphazard fashion.