Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I heard Marvin's is going under
    I hope not. That has been on my bucket list for a long time. Who would have thought a Pandemic could bring down a treasure like that.

Looks like they are hanging in for now; this is their GoFundMe
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/marvins-m...f+share-flow-1
    eremy S Yagoda is organizing this fundraiser.
    • Created August 24, 2020
    • Other

Marvin Yagoda opened Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum in 1980. It began in Tally Hall with just a few antique machines from his collection.

In 1988 Tally Hall closed which devastated Marvin. Fortunately, he was able to open his own storefront within the mall and with enough space to display his eccentric collection of antique and modern Arcade Games, Circus, Carnival, and Side Show Memorabilia.

Marvin passed away in 2017. His lifelong passions were his family and sharing his collection with kids from 1 to 101. I started working with my father as a child and now run Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum and carry on his legacy.

Due to COVID-19 Marvin’s had to close along with many other businesses. Marvin’s is not supposed to open until Phase 5.

It is our goal to reopen Marvin’s once it is safe to do so and without risk to patrons and staff. However, financially speaking, we cannot afford to wait that long. Being a philanthropic family it's hard to ask, but we need your help so that Marvin's will be able to open for business once it is safe to do so without risk to our loyal and loved customers instead of shutting down for good. We wish there was another alternative.

Even while closed to the public our expenses are well over $10,000 a month. We need to pay rent, insurance, electrical, and keep up with general maintenance. While so many of our machines are sitting idle and not being used, this will actually cause them more damage over time than the wear and tear of being used daily. With so many machines at Marvin’s, it is still a full-time job keeping each machine in working order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I hope not. That has been on my bucket list for a long time. Who would have thought a Pandemic could bring down a treasure like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2