Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
except the rules I cited. Which are specifically about how to ethically deal with opposing parties, represented or not, and third parties.

I think the point here is the borrowers tend not to be represented. Lawyers tend to work for money... someone being foreclosed upon usually doesn't have any. T&T, Orleans...et al. exploited the ignorance of the lay person. Basically they live down to every negative stereotype of shyster lawyer behavior.

the servicers activities were enabled by people like Dave Trott and foreclosure mill lawfirms like his.

I'm just sort of surprised the way he made his money has not been a high profile issue. He's bent over backwards to avoid mentioning it... going so far as to dress up in a hardhat costume and stroll through a factory as if manufacturing is how he "created jobs".
I don't think the T&T people are any better or worse than trial lawyers--that's my point.

Any the servicers undertook those activities in cases with foreclosures [[and attorneys) and those where no attorney was involved. I'm guessing that the T&T people were probably more careful about what they would say than the average call center person.

Either way, I think the blame is wrongly focused. There is, however, plenty to go around.