Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Auto show 2015!

Actually it is 74 days till the show begins. You should get your press credentials get in first and for free, scarf down the free food and booze.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Actually it is 74 days till the show begins. You should get your press credentials get in first and for free, scarf down the free food and booze.
    Lol, true. It's just the public show opens the 17th, which is also my birthday!

We'll go from the start of the show from now. 72 ​more days!

Auto Show construction began a few days ago. 60 days until the show.

Name:  Auto.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  33.7 KB

10 more days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    10 more days!!!
    Will there be a new Ford GT? Odds-makers are giving it better than even money

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Will there be a new Ford GT? Odds-makers are giving it better than even money
    it sounds like it, and that's just the tip of the iceberg for Ford this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    it sounds like it, and that's just the tip of the iceberg for Ford this year.
    Some auto reporters are calling it "Fordapalooza"

There is growing international interest in the show as the FIA/ACO World Endurance Championship [[WEC) has scheduled a major announcement. Right now, there is tremendous innovation going on in the WEC with hybrid technology. Audi, Toyota and Porsche are the leaders and Honda and Nissan are about to make their entries. Right now, the US does not have a dog in the hunt. Hopefully, Ford and/or Chevy are about to make big announcements.

Last year, the new hybrid prototypes were just as fast as in the past but they were using 30% less fuel. Incredible amount of innovation and different philosophies being tested right now.

I believe we will see production Hydrogen fuel cell cars from Honda and Toyota

I believe we will see production Hydrogen fuel cell cars from Honda and Toyota
    If so, could this be one of the reasons why we see the price of gas falling so dramatically? 'They' say that the speculators set the price of gas. Can they see the writing on the wall?

NAIAS 2015 is a GO! Volt, Cascada, Avenir have been unveiled so far. Looking forward to a great auto week in Detroit!

If the Volt didn't sell at 3 bucks a gallon. . . .

<font size="5"><span style="font-family:garamond;"><span style="color:#0000cd;"><strong><u> FORD GOES INSANE!!!!!!!

<font size="5"><span style="font-family:garamond;"><span style="color:#0000cd;"><strong><u> FORD GOES INSANE!!!!!!!
    yasss Ford did it right today! Although there was a suspicious package outside COBO, oddly enough close to the hotel where many French media are staying STILL a great show!

That's HOT! I just can't think of one place you could drive it without bottoming out.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    If the Volt didn't sell at 3 bucks a gallon. . . .
    people who bought one are going to be laughing at the rest of us soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    people who bought one are going to be laughing at the rest of us soon...
    I hope new car buyers use some common sense:

Gas will not stay at near two bucks and probably not return to four bucks.

Use your our God-given intuition, but I'd guess a lot of three buck gas over the next year or two. [[I'll guess gas this summer in the 2.50 - 2.75 range).

And, anyone who says he can predict five years out is... is probably a charlatan or a politician.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2