Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Willi Guest

Saturn was a ""new kind of car company""' --- ha ahaha -- what a joke that was by GM

http://youtu.be/5YaAH1hl_rc

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Seems precisely like two sides of the same coin to me. Both parties protect their constituent base, with selective enforcement of their principles. It was an indictment of both parties.

You're 100% right on this. But I think you'll find a lot of Democrats taking the same position.
    FLMAO! The guy admits his comment was asinine and that he spread Republican crap. smh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Yeah but its not the car companies, its the dealers. They are afraid that if Tesla starts doing that, then why not GM and Ford bypass them and sell directly to consumers.
    That's because Republicans only like Democracy and Capitalism on their terms and how they define how it should work. Just like you would never want to run a business like government, government should not be run like a business. They are both mutually exclusive in their functions and services. Profit mindset has no place in government, at any level, including public ed.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I still won't buy one however, I won't buy a car that is made outside of the Great Lakes basin. I want to support as many local jobs as possible. Tesla is made in Fremont CA; too far for Detroit shops to ship parts to in great numbers. I'd suspect a lot of the work is done in Mexico.
    the last 3 ford / mercury and lincoln cars i've driven were built in mexico.

are you sure theres still a car made and built in detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    the last 3 ford / mercury and lincoln cars i've driven were built in mexico.

are you sure theres still a car made and built in detroit?
    The Ford I currently have was actually built in the city of Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I would think the price would keep them out of most Michigan garages.
    Maybe I'm showing my lack of knowledge, but do electric cars do well in Michigan winters? Mostly reduced efficiency?

Just asking.

Willi Guest

California is home to over 27 winter sports resorts spread over three distinct regions.
    I'm thinking most people who afford a Tesla also afford a garage to keep it in.

The Tesla systems keep the battery in a stable thermal environment, i.e it gets "warmed"
    so they shouldn't be adversely affected -- provided you're starting from a plugged-in state.

Last edited by Willi; October-17-14 at 06:37 PM.

Who wants to drive a car that you can't add noisy mufflers to?

Announcement of new Tesla model by Elon Musk.
    http://youtu.be/FZ6lZJWL_Xk
    Everyone in his audience gets to drive in the new model after the annoucement.

The duel motor drive. 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    So much for freedom of speech and freedom of choice.
    Michigan, especially Detroit had shut out national chain ranging from car factories to clothing retail so that it's residents[[Detroit) are force to go outside their communities or the State itself to buy products, not all, that are not locally made. Tesla is a good vehicle but local corporations and unions are not going to allow any foreign entity to set up shop. Detroit is a prime example. It doesnt have a sporting goods store that sell sports attire from other non detroit or local teams. I have to go into the surburbs to shop for such items as well as simple basic household wares

Personally, I'm not on the electric bandwagon. There are inherent issues with residuals, much like nuclear waste, that there aren't solutions for, yet. That being said, looks like "business as usual" in MI and the D. Special interest groups insist on pushing their own agendas instead of encouraging growth.

It appears Joe Hune has now taken this to billboards across the state-but it appears he made a wrong mistake in designing them while looking on Google Images for stock Tesla pictures. The exact same advertising campaign will also appear on television, during commercials before movie trailers at all MJR Digital Cinemas locations and on plywood on abandoned Detroit houses.

Last edited by mtburb; October-18-14 at 12:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2