Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Leviticus 25:3

“If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you.

Isn't Leviticus the company that makes A/C recepticles and light switches?

[QUOTE=Honky Tonk;455830]Isn't Leviticus the company that makes A/C recepticles and light switches?[/QUOTE)

Now that you brought that up you maybe be correct. Parent company maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Isn't Leviticus the company that makes A/C recepticles and light switches?
    I believe you are thinking of Leviton

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/Home....1&respid=22372

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    I believe you are thinking of Leviton

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/Home....1&respid=22372
    Oh yeah, you're right. Never mind......

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Oh yeah, you're right. Never mind......
    I thought it made houses:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levittown

NOt quite as cool as these houses though:
    http://architecture.about.com/od/per...tron-Homes.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I thought it made houses:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levittown

NOt quite as cool as these houses though:
    http://architecture.about.com/od/per...tron-Homes.htm

AC receptacles, light switches, and houses are a human right.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    AC receptacles, light switches, and houses are a human right.
    Shelter is a human right. Water is a human right. Water freezes, so heat is a human right. Heat requires electricity [[for almost all furnaces), so electricity is a human right. You needs switches to turn on your lights, so you are right. Leviton switches in Levittown are clearly human rights. The bible says so in Leviticus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Shelter is a human right. Water is a human right. Water freezes, so heat is a human right. Heat requires electricity [[for almost all furnaces), so electricity is a human right. You needs switches to turn on your lights, so you are right. Leviton switches in Levittown are clearly human rights. The bible says so in Leviticus.
    Bravo! +5

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Seems to go both ways. There's plenty of whining about the adjacent communities on here.

So, what's your proposal to deal with the water shut offs?
    I had to wander and ponder a response, My husband and I have always been involved in community. Currently there are four programs that can assist with water issues. The problem is the lack of dissemination of information. We as a couple and as a community work to help folk get assistance they need. The forms are nightmares and many in need are seniors, mentally or physically challenged or plain flat old broke due to lack of work.

We were raised to not be the problem but part of the solution. Any time you want to kick in and help feel free to help PM me. So much need for really good people.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I had to wander and ponder a response, My husband and I have always been involved in community. Currently there are four programs that can assist with water issues. The problem is the lack of dissemination of information. We as a couple and as a community work to help folk get assistance they need. The forms are nightmares and many in need are seniors, mentally or physically challenged or plain flat old broke due to lack of work.

We were raised to not be the problem but part of the solution. Any time you want to kick in and help feel free to help PM me. So much need for really good people.
    Yeah, I've helped a few folks with the paperwork and even helped a few with the bill. It can be a nightmare. Good job.

Thank you for showing your nice side GP. Good people need help.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    If you can't afford to pay your taxes, guess what, you shouldn't be living there. that simple.
    move to somewhere cheaper and get the hell out of our city// move to a cheaper neighborhood.

I dont disagree with your message but where are you going to find cheaper neighborhoods in America?

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Thank you for showing your nice side GP. Good people need help.
    Yeah, sometimes we get upset at the bad and forget about the good.

Need exists everywhere for a variety of reasons. A few years back I was in the Kroger in the Village. The line was weirdly long at register 1. Then I saw the sign, if you have a bridge card or WIC card you need to be in this line. Beautiful young families and seniors stood in that line looking completely humiliated. I was pissed, called Kroger corporate. They stopped that form of humiliation and strangely I got several calls with apologies. Bad things do happen to really good people. The safety net needs to be there without embarrassment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3