Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    You can look at this as a problem or an opportunity. This is a jobs opportunity in Detroit. Why worry about what the suburban appliance guy does. There's work. There's a market.
    True. But I already have a business that takes up most of my time, and my retired dad who has trouble using a screwdriver now is hardly likely to go into the repair business. All I want is properly repaired appliances, for which I am more than willing to pay a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smiles View Post
    What part did the700,000+ play in electing a judiciary that thought the Utash incident was merely a joke, worthy of a little probation?

If the people who vote, are not held responsible for their vote, why vote?

Recall those charged in the Utash case laughing while being arraigned? They knew the Judges the 700,000+ chose to elect.
    Not to say anything one way or another about the sentences in the Utash case, but it bears stating that the judge who heard that case, Judge James Callahan, is a Wayne County Circuit judge elected on a county-wide basis. The City of Detroit makes up only about 40% of the county's population, and in his most recent election in 2010 less than a third of Judge Callahan's 152,000 votes came from the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Call a local handyman. I guarantee there are Detroit-based folks who do local calls. SW Detroit, with its immigrant population, has tons of handymen, some whom I would bet you would handle calls on the Eastside.
    No clue as to your point. I have worked with and for Hispanics. Hard working, smart, educated and loyal to community. Again your point being????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3