Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Yes I did. In fact Graham Beal himself did it for less, until the taxpayers were lied to and gave him more.

What is the flaw in the argument?
    I would love for you to attempt to prove the taxpayers were lied to.

I believe in progress. Arguing for the lowest common denominator is the opposite. But you can stick with your fake, unproven hypotheticals if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I would love for you to attempt to prove the taxpayers were lied to.
    Read the thread. I already posted the direct quote from the DIA giving their reasoning for the taxpayer funding. The DIA lied.
    Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I believe in progress. Arguing for the lowest common denominator is the opposite. But you can stick with your fake, unproven hypotheticals if you must.
    Uh-huh. You believe in "progress", which you apparently define as "secretly giving lavish salaries to heads of nonprofits while lying to the taxpayers about bailouts". How "progressive"...

Read the thread. I already posted the direct quote from the DIA giving their reasoning for the taxpayer funding. The DIA lied.

Uh-huh. You believe in "progress", which you apparently define as "secretly giving lavish salaries to heads of nonprofits while lying to the taxpayers about bailouts". How "progressive"...
    Lots of opinions, few facts here. Just how 'lavish' is his salary? How does it compare to other major art museums in the USA? And how good a job has he done?

Hypothetical: If he's doing a good job, and you accept that market rate is fair, should he be paid market rate?

Interesting what you consider proof. Lots of rubes out there.

Where does his salary fall comparatively again? Yeah, that's what I thought. Your rhetoric is laughable.

That Great Guy Guest

The DIA tax is really low. So, how can anyone work there and make too much?

This may seem ignorant, but I see both sides acting foolish on this. I don't agree with the bilking the executive involved in delegating matters, yet, I recall two things: First, according to the news [[and I'm going by their reporting of the matters)-if I heard right-the said bilking was done over a year ago before Orr came in and the serious downshift into bankruptcy occurred. Does it fall under the officially proposed bailout, then? Probably no. Inappropriate greed on their part? Very much so.
    Second of all, Mr. L. Brooks to me is a different "fat cat" and one who never cared for Wayne county from the side of the fence he stood. Memory serves that it was him, Kevin Orr [[with his idiotic "Detroiters are lazy, rich, blah blah blah" comment), and of all persons, former Boston mayor "Mumbles" Menino [[which is a shame, since I shook the man's hand once) each had their heydey of kicking Detroit when it's fallen down and talking a bunch of smack about our city. Do I even have to mention that there's criticism when it comes to hoping to improve that which you love vs. the case of besmirchment and assassination? L. Brooks had a right to criticize the DIA executives [[within chronological context), but it follows all too closely to the serial of other blasts he's directed at Detroit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4