Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Guns don't help one bit...and this is coming from one of those "right wing wackos" you libs are so afraid of.

Finally, some truth in advertising!

Lorax Guest

Influenced by?? Who cares? Criminal activity from horrible judgement is the fault of the individual perpetrating the crimes, and ONLY those individuals.
    You just love being Rush's stool softener, don't you?

I'll tell you who cares, the family of the guard who was murdered in the lobby of the Holocaust Memorial in Washington DC today, by an 88 year old white supremacist republican thug who regularly listened to right wing talk radio and took his racist, hateful cues from those on the right fomenting anarchy against our president and his administration.

The old fascist thug is in critical condition with a near fatal head wound, but I hope he lives long enough to face the electric chair. This should send a message to the right wing to shut their racist pie holes.

Words have consequences, you fool.

I repeat: "precipitating act."

At some point the true cause of a problem must be identified and dealt with directly. Otherwise the problem can never be solved.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-10-09 at 09:33 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Do you [[Lorax) think that gun control would have prevented this lifetime nut job from carrying out his insane plan. Gun control laws are for people that obey laws.

Influenced by?? Who cares? Criminal activity from horrible judgement is the fault of the individual perpetrating the crimes, and ONLY those individuals.
    If you knew a mentally unstable person, and knowingly stoked that persons dislike of a neighbor [[as O'Reilly has done), you would be guilty of inciting to violence, just like guys who chear on a guy in the act of rape. it's the old "shouting fire in a movie house" thing. Personally, I think O'Reilly hoped someone would shoot the doctor

As usual, our defenders of gunfreedom [[TM) have made their usual comparisons to guns and airplanes.
    and as usual, I would like to point out that after September 11th, 2001, Regulations and Insurance requirements on airplane operation travel were, shall we say, tightened up a bit.

Why are there no requirements that firearm owners and dealers buy insurance for their weapons or ammo?

That is covered by Homeowners & Rental insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    Why are there no requirements that firearm owners and dealers buy insurance for their weapons or ammo?

I would like Rush, Hannity, Beck and the rest of their SICK fraternity locked up in a SuperMax Prison.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    I would like Rush, Hannity, Beck and the rest of their SICK fraternity locked up in a SuperMax Prison.

Well, sort of a point of order here... to be in a traditional "fraternity", one would need to go to college. An endeavor, I believe, none of the aforementioned three have done.

Interesting video of right wing talk show hosts chuckling over the recent Homeland Security report warning of right wing extremists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL7iY5uarA8

Guns don't kill people...crazy Right Wingers with guns kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverinesA2 View Post
    Guns don't kill people...crazy Right Wingers with guns kill people.
    If you meant what the Bush Cheney neocon crew started in Iraq, you might have a point. If, however, gun fatality rates in red states were compared with gun fatality rates in blue states, would your comment still hold up?

From Wikipedia, "Gun violence may vary enormously within a country. Within the United States, cities tend to have higher gun crime rates but lower rates of gun ownership, compared with rural areas which tend to have lower gun crime rates but higher rates of gun ownership. Some areas have widespread gun ownership with low rates of homicide. In 2005, Wyoming had the highest number of homes with loaded and unlocked guns in the United States, at 33% of all homes in the state, and had a homicide rate of 1.7 of every 100,000. Population density can help explain these differences, and studies may restrict comparisons to similar areas to avoid misleading conclusions."

In contrast, Detroit has 47.3 murders per every 100,000 residents. Wyoming votes Republican. Detroit votes Democrat. I doubt that you meant to suggest that most of the gun deaths in Detroit are caused by 'crazy Right Wingers'.

ccbatson Guest

Rb...per your own paradigm, OReilly, or whomever, would need to know the perpetrator, and that they were unstable, and that the was inciting them to act...0 out of 3.....care to try again?

Lorax Guest

Do you [[Lorax) think that gun control would have prevented this lifetime nut job from carrying out his insane plan. Gun control laws are for people that obey laws.
    Correction: "lifetime right wing fascist nut job.."

and no, gun control wouldn't have stopped him, or anyone else who is blinded by right wing ideology from illegally obtaining a weapon and acting out their sycophantic evil.

Why do you like answering your own questions, anyway?

Rb...per your own paradigm, OReilly, or whomever, would need to know the perpetrator, and that they were unstable, and that the was inciting them to act...0 out of 3.....care to try again?
    you don't think o'reilly knows many in his audience are mentally unhinged? he has stated as much, and he clearly frames his comments to BE inciteful. so you are, yet again, wrong

ccbatson Guest

That is the most absurd thing you have ever asserted Rb [[no small feat, btw).

Use a bit of logic, how could Oreilly [[or anyone) be aware, or responsible for his listeners?

By extension of your argument, there is no such thing as free speech/expression...is this what you mean to suggest?

That is the most absurd thing you have ever asserted Rb [[no small feat, btw).

Use a bit of logic, how could Oreilly [[or anyone) be aware, or responsible for his listeners?

first, o'reilly has, in the past, acknowledged that some of his fans are unbalanced. to purposely provoke an audience [[which he clearly does, and admits to) wherein you KNOW there are unbalanced characters is unbelievably irresponsible.

come on bats "how could Oreilly [[or anyone) be aware"? he interacts with them. he talks to them. he does book signings. he reads his email [[or he claims to)

By extension of your argument, there is no such thing as free speech/expression...is this what you mean to suggest?
    what in what i said could you possibly torture into that statement?

you have freedom of speech, but surely YOU must realize that you have to accept the consequences of that speech. further, there is clearly speech, like inciting to violence, that is NOT covered by our constitution. do you comprehend the difference? do you think I should be able to stir up a bunch of whackos against physical rehab and then point them at you? if i did, should I not be held accountable for stirring them up and aiming them your direction?

rb says, "you have freedom of speech, but surely YOU must realize that you have to accept the consequences of that speech. further, there is clearly speech, like inciting to violence, that is NOT covered by our constitution. do you comprehend the difference?"
    The first amendment does not make any exceptions to the freedom of speech. "Congress shall make NO law ...abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;... However, yelling 'fire' in a theater might be looked upon as something like fraud or disturbing the peace and include penalties for damages caused. Speaking of inciting violence, I doubt that Rush & Hannity ever say anything as provacative as Jefferson did in the US Declaration of Independence, " when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce [[the people) under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security." So far, no one has claimed that Rush has exhorted his faithful that it is their duty to violently overthrow the government.

I was wondering, on a related note, if Bibles and Korans should be made illegal by the same logic applied to right wing AM radio talk show hosts. There have been so many murders justified by words in holy books. More, I would suggest, than by messeges on AM radios. Even armies of Buddhist monks have warred on each other in Korea. And if Pakistani villages get shot up by someone Oprah promoted, is Oprah responsible for the way her audience voted? I would think that Rush may have caused more deaths by talking up the Iraq war than the number of deaths caused by whacko listeners who can be counted on one's fingers.

ccbatson Guest

So? He accepts the consequences of his speech...what does that mean? Regardless, he continues to express himself as he sees fit. Circular logic which brings us back to the point, that ideas expressed that do not infringe on the rights of others are free.

Carolina serial killer shot dead. Turns out to be a career criminal.

"...Burris had a long rap sheet filled with charges such as larceny, forgery and breaking and entering from states across the Southeast, including Florida, Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland. He had been paroled from a North Carolina prison in April after serving nearly eight years.
    "Look at this," Lloyd said, waiving a stapled copy of Burris' criminal record. "This is like 25 pages. At some point the criminal justice system is going to need to explain why this suspect was out on the street..."
    South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division Chief Reggie Lloyd.

http://www.justnews.com/news/19963253/detail.html

Police Search For Gunmen

POSTED: Monday, July 6, 2009
    UPDATED: 6:01 pm EDT July 6, 2009

MIAMI, Fla. -- Miami police are looking for three gunmen after a dozen people were shot early Monday morning on the streets of Miami.

Witnesses said the shooting happened during a birthday party at a home on Northwest Fifth Avenue and Seventh Street in Overtown.

Witnesses said about 300 people, mostly teenagers, were present at the time of the shooting.

Miami police said three gunmen dressed all in black walked up to the block party and started firing guns. Bullets went flying through the neighborhood just before 1 a.m., sending people ducking for cover, police said.

"It sounded like six different guns going off at one time," said witness Tia Hudson. "It's real sad. It's scary. I saw my life cross before me."

"We just heard firecrackers popping, and everybody just started shooting from every corner," a witness told Local 10.

According to police, 12 people were shot and a woman was struck by a car while trying to get away from the scene. Ten of the victims were transported by rescuers to Jackson Memorial Hospital, and friends drove two others.

Lorax Guest

I live here in Miami, and this is sadly, not unusual. The number of people involved is unusual, but the circumstances aren't.

Parties, youths with guns, gang activity, all real and frightening.

I remember Batts mentioning how great emergency care is at our nation's hospitals, and it largely is, however, do any of us with emergencies not self-inflicted want to compete for the services of our hospitals when this sort of activity takes place?

Our health care system is stretched to the breaking point as it is, and such an increase in emergency room needs due to the inability of our law enforcement to contain the crime is a dangerous mix.

This is terrorism. I don't see how this is any different than the Taliban or Al Queda shooting or blowing up a gathering of people.

ccbatson Guest

Wow...a good point from Lorax...rare.

Get to the root of the problem, specifically, the creation of a dependency impoverished lower class with no incentive to do honest work and every incentive to resort to crime to supplement the entitlement money received courtesy of the rest of working America. Go back even further to the entitlements that make it possible for young girls to have as many children as young as possible with no means of support whatsoever...other than the taxpayers....Destroying minority dignity and family values perpetually generation after generation.

Lorax Guest

Wow...a good point from Lorax...rare.

Get to the root of the problem, specifically, the creation of a dependency impoverished lower class with no incentive to do honest work and every incentive to resort to crime to supplement the entitlement money received courtesy of the rest of working America. Go back even further to the entitlements that make it possible for young girls to have as many children as young as possible with no means of support whatsoever...other than the taxpayers....Destroying minority dignity and family values perpetually generation after generation.
    Quite a stretch there, Sparky. These kids weren't destitute, they were students, some of them good ones. A few gun-toting losers in a crowd did this, gang activity at it's worst.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast