Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Here's something I forgot about- Jeb Bush's interference in the Terri Schiavo case:

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...iavo-jeb-bush/

In his announcement Tuesday that he would explore a 2016 presidential bid, former Gov. Jeb Bush [[R-FL) promised to focus on “ideas and policies that will expand opportunity and prosperity for all Americans.” But he made no mention of his most controversial act during his two terms in office: his attempts to take custody of Terri Schiavo and overrule her husband Michael’s decision to remove her feeding tube, fifteen years after cardiac arrest had left her in a vegetative state.

ThinkProgress spoke with Michael Schiavo and the attorney who represented him in the matter, George Felos, about Bush’s presidential candidacy. Both expressed concern that Bush’s record was one of government interference and opposing individual liberty.

Jeb Bush will never come to urban Detroit to make a speech unless it's to his pre-paid donor audience at the DAC or something. Mark my words. I'm not voting for him.

This fell off the end of the previous page of this thread but deserves to be repeated because it covers the history of the Bush dynasty so thoroughly:

DetroitYES Home » Non Detroit Issues » Thom Hartmann » France Should Not Follow in Bushs' Footsteps
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-11-15 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I'm not sure about Gpwrangler but I vote for anybody that doesn't have a D after their name. I've already had to hold my nose and vote for Dole, Bush twice, McCain [[a real stink) and Romney. I'd vote for Scott Walker without holding my nose but please please please not another damn Bush or a Romney repeat.
    Any party that requires people to buy health insurance or face heavy fines is not gonna make it next time. I will vote for Mickey Mouse if he will shitcan that law. Another Bush is fine with me, anything but a democrat. Maybe they'll run whatshername, that would guarantee a Republican victory and get this train back on the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by mercyme View Post
    Living in Tallahassee and working for the State of Florida I had a front row seat witnessing Jeb's actions while governor. They weren't pretty. His poor wife almost never lived at the Governor's mansion mostly because Jeb had too many girlfriends posted to positions of power within the administration. I had to deal with a few of them and it was utterly amazing how unqualified they were. One was actually a former Playboy Bunny. His daughter was arrested for stealing prescription pads in order to supplement her drug habit. That's some of his personal problems.... He actually stated once he wanted to see all of the state government made obsolete and privatize everything. Some of the contracts with vendors were so ridden with loopholes that not only did the services fail but taxpayers were putting out twice what they had before the privitazation. That's to say nothing about privatizing all the personnel functions who promptly sent thousands of personnel records [[mine being one of them) overseas resulting in idenity theft, etc. We don't want nor need this politician as our president. Think I'll move to Canada..........
    Too many girlfriends? And one was a Playboy Bunny? That's terrible. Will he repeal Affordable Care? I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Too many girlfriends? And one was a Playboy Bunny? That's terrible. Will he repeal Affordable Care? I'm in.
    I assume you mean the Affordable Care Act, but as a conservative I suppose you could be against affordable care. Let's bring back pre-existing conditions, decrease coverage, and just let folks go bankrupt. 'Cuz we're 'murica, and having millions uninsured proves we're the greatest. Don't need no damn universal coverage.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; January-19-15 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    I assume you mean the Affordable Care Act, but as a conservative I suppose you could be against affordable care. Let's bring back pre-existing conditions, decrease coverage, and just let folks go bankrupt. 'Cuz we're 'murica, and having millions uninsured proves we're the greatest. Don't need no damn universal coverage.
    I'm against the insurance racket, not affordable care itself. I'm against being forced to buy health insurance too. Your first assumption was correct.

Repubs are not the only voice critiquing the ACA at this point. You have indies and dems concerned etc. ETC: The diversity of complaint WILL GROW as ACA rolls out in full!

Further, pre-existing conditions, coverage availability remains a problem.

The ACA will never live up to its promises. And yet for sure we needed some form of health care reform. Like the ability to choose insurers out of your state, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Any party that requires people to buy health insurance or face heavy fines is not gonna make it next time. I will vote for Mickey Mouse if he will shitcan that law. Another Bush is fine with me, anything but a democrat. Maybe they'll run whatshername, that would guarantee a Republican victory and get this train back on the tracks.
    Oh, let's be realistic here. No Republican or Democrat is going to "get this train back on the tracks".

Sometimes IMO, I believe we're basically under a modern oligarchy, of the rich, for the rich, by the rich [[dems and repubs alike) punctuated by occasional elections.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-21-15 at 04:27 PM.

Already the lies begin. There is NO WAY he has any advisors from his brother's and father's era who disagree with what they've already done enriching their pals and killing and maiming a generation of warriors with their bullshit.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...ce=CSAMedition

I suspect the Parasitic Saboteurs in Power™ won't be able to resist the temptation to funnel the process into a Bush v. Clinton race. Creating a dynasty versus dynasty spectacle to deprive the voter of any option other than dynasty is just too Orwellian to resist.

Sure it would be too flagrant — all the better to exacerbate voter demoralization.

I hear you but I did not know the 'lies' had really let up. Just other folks parsing selected information to the masses, surrounded by their 'wrong or right' inner ring support clutch, enriching their collection of pals. But Jeb can never win. Hillary has it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Already the lies begin. There is NO WAY he has any advisors from his brother's and father's era who disagree with what they've already done enriching their pals and killing and maiming a generation of warriors with their bullshit....
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-19-15 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hear you but I did not know the 'lies' had really let up. Just other folks parsing selected information to the masses, enriching their pals. But Jeb can never win. Hillary has it!
    Running Hillary will guarantee a Republican win. I hope she makes the cut.

^^^ I prefer neither [[Jeb or Hillary). The repubs have no one viable either. A Donald Trump entrance would be revealing as he'd be willing to chat-up that which neither party would risk -- as he could always go back to what he was doing if he fails!

I find it interesting that she's being rather mum regarding all that is going on recently [[immigration, ISIS, the executions, etc). Smartly advised I'd say.

Last edited by Zacha341; February-19-15 at 11:53 AM.

Either of these Senators would be fine by me.

http://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/

http://www.warren.senate.gov/

Whole bunch of folk talking up Warren, but Gillibrand was voted Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World last year. Quietly flying under the radar for a sneak attack?!

Hillary needs to give it up...it'd be hilarious if not for the consequences.

No more Bushes in the White House. Please.

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; February-19-15 at 09:24 AM.

Although this guy has had my attention for a few years now...

Andrew D. Basiago

We need a President who admits to Time Traveling.

Andy 2016 – A Time for Truth

Ha...No More Bushes in the White House!
    Last edited by Gannon; February-19-15 at 09:32 AM.

If Mr. Clinton's tenure taught us anything, a President's sex quotient is irrelevant to doing the job. Just do the job. That is all I care about.

Are you a bitch? A prick? I don't care. Do the job, know the job.

If I need my brakes replaced all I care about is your ability to do the job. Who you are married to, who you pray to, who you sleep with has got nothing to do with fixing my brakes.

The largest part of the job as President is getting people to cooperate with you. Everything else is secondary to that skill.

If that is Jeb, fine.

but I still wish this thread was about waxing.

Those advisors...many of whom were members of the groups self-identified as Neo-Conservatives, which was theorized and sparked into being through Professor Leo Strauss' University of Chicago classes...found a way to further their Project for a New American Century fifteen years ago.

They got a whole bunch of people to cooperate...most under duress...but they got some huge bills passed which are direct affronts to well-established freedoms in this land.

You probably say that W got the job done.

Makes me wonder how you define the rest of the President's job.

Because there is a huge school who fully believe the US has to remain in perpetual war in order to keep the economy churning.

I'd like to know if you specifically agree with that.

Cheers,
    John

John,

If you didn't know I was a John McCain supporter going back into the last century. I was McCain guy based on his ability - and voting record - of working across they aisle. McCain's voting record revealed he voted with the Republican majority 52% of the time. To me that means he was able to see the value of compromise, but to the Republican primary voters in 2000 it meant he was a turncoat 48% of the time and lost the nomination to the untested Baby Bush.

I consider George W's tenure a failure and share with you the notion that our Freedoms have suffered since 9-11, but I refuse to place the blame at the feet of Republicans. Both Parties had a hand in the Iraq War and the drumbeat that lead up to that bit of legalized insanity.

However,Afghanistan was originally a different kettle of kippers. Those folks deserved a punch in the nose and we could have turned that nation into a paradise if we had not taken our eye off the ball with Saddam.

Moreover, I have not been impressed with the current President. His Hope and Change message reads now more like a hope for spare change for a lot of the country. Wall Street is getting fatter and you can count on less than one hand the number of evil doers in pin stripes who have seen the inside of a jail cell.

By the way, Mr. Obama's voting record revealed he voted with the majority of Democrats 97% of the time.

Finally, I view the role of President not like I am trying to find a new buddy. I don't care if I think the person is a flaming jerk, I just want them to have the background to work with others to get the job done.

Your thoughts about the neo-cons is beyond my level of opinion. In America everyone can have a voice, those folks came to their philosophies largely based on what they felt was the Democrats turning away from the support of Israel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2