Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

In the mean time keep hands washed re. the other viruses out there [[as the debate continues as to the how and why). I'm amazed how many people do not wash their hands when serving foods, after touching their noses, eyes etc. I wash my hands thruought the day and especially when I come home for the day.

Enterovirus cases increase in California as investigators probe link to paralysis

http://www.dailynews.com/health/2014...k-to-paralysis

Government's decisions to lock and guard this man's family in the very apartment he was in was a very very poor decision.

Obama authorizes Guard, reserve call-up for Ebola

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_EBOLA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAU LT&CTIME=2014-10-16-16-39-19

WASHINGTON [[AP)
    President Barack Obama on Thursday authorized the Pentagon to call up reserve and National Guard troops if they are needed to assist in the U.S. response to the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.

Obama signed an executive order that allows the government to call up more forces and for longer periods of time than currently authorized. There is no actual call-up at this point.

The U.S. has committed to send up to 4,000 military personnel to West Africa to provide logistics and humanitarian assistance and help build treatment units to confront the rapidly spreading and deadly virus.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-16-14 at 07:25 PM.

Obama to Tap Former VP Chief of Staff Ron Klain as Ebola 'Czar'

[[Time to line up more talking heads... and coordinator therein)

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebo...a-czar-n228151

President Barack Obama will appoint Ron Klain to head up efforts to address the Ebola threat, a senior administration official tells NBC News.

Klain is a former chief of staff to both Vice President Joe Biden and former Vice President Al Gore. He left the vice president's office in 2011. He is now the president of Case Holdings and serves as the general counsel for Revolution, an investment organization.

"It’s not solely a medical response," White House press secretary Josh Earnest said. "That’s why somebody with Mr. Klain’s credentials -- somebody that has strong management experience both inside government but also in the private sector; he is somebody who has strong relationships with members of Congress

Why Is US Handing Out Tourist Visas in Liberia?

[[See video, read article in link above) BILL KRISTOL: It wasn't because there wasn't good screening because they gave idiotically gave visas to people in Liberia to be tourists in the U.S. What was the point of that? That’s really ridiculous, it really exposed Americans to risk. In fact now two Americans at least have contracted Ebola.

Secondly why were they treated at that hospital in Dallas which seems like a normal suburban non-expert hospital? The head of the CDC said as a kind of matter of principle this can be treated at any hospital in the U.S. it's not that urgent or dramatic. You don’t have to fly people to Emory or NIH. So they put the burden on this hospital which clearly wasn't ready for this. They put the burden on the nurses. Now they got two people and said all the protocols are in place. The protocol is 800 pages. The nurses I assume did their best. That’s a real governmental failure…
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-21-14 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I get your broader point, but maybe remove the Obola and Ebama monikers and you'll be taken more seriously [[smile). Otherwise you're just deemed another right-wing kook spouting off 'conservative talking points'!----Hah!
    Thank you for the "well meant" advice. If I can be deemed a "right-wing kook spouting off" then I've achieved my objective. It means "it's agreed but can't be accepted" Also thanks for drawing my attention to the transposition of the "O" and "E" on Obola and Ebama. I was having problems with my bowels that day [[or should that be vowels?)

^^^ I hear you. Too bad much of this issue is captive to the ideological flux of politics, indifferent to public safety -- rendered unto paranoia, as it is argued.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-22-14 at 03:39 AM.

A male health care worker was in flight from Liberia to Brussels to the U.S. may have contracted with Ebola-like symptoms. The CDC quickly got the infected patient after the plane landed in Newark International Airport. He is taken to the hospital in quarantined where he will receive treatment.

Could it have anything to do with the upcoming elections? Fear and paranoia. In some obscure way that we don't recognize because we've become so displaced as to how politics actually function. Merely a hypothesis on my part. I realize Ebola could become a large scale tragedy, but the timing, with so few fatalities to this point, and so much dramatic press coverage with so few details seems somewhat suspect. Is our country safe? Are we being protected in a correct manner by those that are overseeing our safety? This always seems to come into question before an election.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Could it have anything to do with the upcoming elections? Fear and paranoia. In some obscure way that we don't recognize because we've become so displaced as to how politics actually function. Merely a hypothesis on my part. I realize Ebola could become a large scale tragedy, but the timing, with so few fatalities to this point, and so much dramatic press coverage with so few details seems somewhat suspect. Is our country safe? Are we being protected in a correct manner by those that are overseeing our safety? This always seems to come into question before an election.
    There do seem to be people willing to use Ebola as a political football. Kind of tacky if you ask me.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1017221817

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025659952

I don't have a problem with talking about how spending cuts hurt the CDC but showing dead people in that ad was over the top.
    Last edited by Pam; October-23-14 at 07:03 PM.

In New York City, NY. A male health care worker who was a former Wayne State University medical student just back from Africa has contracted Ebola. Before he had an outbreak he came in contract with hundreds of people throughout the New York City area. Once again upside down politics has let an Ebola infected patient slip through their fingers. The health care worker is now in NYC hospital where he will be treated. If they found a blood match type serum, Z-Mapp or a some snake-oil antiviral drugs are him, hope to God that he might be Ebola free. If not he will be doomed to die! His finacee and two of the friends had came in contact with the infected Ebola WHO health care worker. They are in quarantine, in 21 days we shall see they have Ebola or not.

The CDC will have difficult time finding people who came in contact with an Ebola infected male health care worker. Especially in the biggest city the United States will 8 to 20 million people.

May God have mercy on our souls!
    Last edited by Danny; October-24-14 at 08:33 AM.

Ebola and terrorism:

What would happen if terrorism [[like ISIS or AL-QAEDA) plan a biological attack on America by using an Ebola virus? They would put the asymptomatic Ebola terrorist member on a commercial plane from non-infected nation, pass its anti-Ebola protocols and pass Ebola to anyone in an major U.S. cities. Then as more people check into the hospital with flu-like symptoms, the Ebola infected terrorist would likely be doomed to die at some hiding place. Now Ebola has spread quickly in every last city, town, county in the U.S. It would be an instant pandemic all over the county. Fear and panic would spread faster than Ebola. Cities looted. People are staying indoors, businesses, schools are closed. Law enforcement are having a tough time restoring order. Later if Ebola escape containment from America, every last nation [[ including North Korea) will give in to Ebola.

Have President Obama, Congress and the CDC think about that?

Danny, slow down a bit. Ebola could possibly become a large problem here, but so far, it's merely a possibility. In 2014, there will be a projected number of 585,720 deaths in the U.S. caused by cancer. There were 580,350 in 2013. 20,570 in Michigan. I think we should be examining what's causing so many cancer deaths primarily, and also focusing on the ebola outbreak. But cancer? What are the primary causes and why aren't we focusing on the cause rather than the cure? Will we be doing the same with ebola? Searching for a cure, rather than the cause. We need to get our priorities in order. I don't think God is trying to cleanse the earth, I think large corporations are turning a blind eye to the general populous in order to turn a large profit to stockholders. The profit margin has become more important than peoples lives or the environment. Just my thoughts on the situation.

A female heath care worker for Doctors Without Borders have contracted Ebola while on a commercial airline from West Africa to Brussels, Belgium to New Jersey. The CDC was notified of the infected Ebola patient from Newark International Airport and was taken to be quarantined at an isolation unit. Other people were on the flight with the infected patient was given blood and temperature tests. They were ordered to be self-quarantined for 21 days. The CDC will monitor their every move.

The CDC will have to step up travel quarantine protocols for those traveling back from Ebola or other infectious disease nations.

May God have mercy on them.
    Last edited by Danny; October-25-14 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Danny, slow down a bit. Ebola could possibly become a large problem here, but so far, it's merely a possibility. In 2014, there will be a projected number of 585,720 deaths in the U.S. caused by cancer. There were 580,350 in 2013. 20,570 in Michigan. I think we should be examining what's causing so many cancer deaths primarily, and also focusing on the ebola outbreak. But cancer? What are the primary causes and why aren't we focusing on the cause rather than the cure? Will we be doing the same with ebola? Searching for a cure, rather than the cause. We need to get our priorities in order. I don't think God is trying to cleanse the earth, I think large corporations are turning a blind eye to the general populous in order to turn a large profit to stockholders. The profit margin has become more important than peoples lives or the environment. Just my thoughts on the situation.

There are cures and fast treatments for cancer. Besides cancer is a non-infectious disease cause by cell mutation of living organic tissues in animals from exposure from toxic environments or genetic generational exposure. You can't get cancer from casual or airborne contact.

Some viruses kill quickly than cancer. Finding treatments vaccines and cures is very difficult. Some viruses like Ebola can mutate faster than cancer cells. Right now stopping Ebola and other fast killing viruses is our society main concern.

A female heath care worker for Doctors Without Borders have contracted Ebola while on a commercial airline from West Africa to Brussels, Belgium to New Jersey.

The nurse could not have contracted ebola and become symptomatic on a flight. She could have been exposed at some time up to 10-21 days prior to the flight before exhibiting symptoms on the flight, if that happened. She would not have been contagious before she began having symptoms, and then she would have been infectious only if she were emitting fluids that could be touched by other people.

I think the best news yet is that the people who were exposed to Thomas Eric Duncan in Dallas have been cleared from their 21 day quarantine, and none have contracted ebola.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; October-25-14 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    A female heath care worker for Doctors Without Borders have contracted Ebola while on a commercial airline from West Africa to Brussels, Belgium to New Jersey.

The nurse could not have contracted ebola and become symptomatic on a flight. She could have been exposed at some time up to 10-21 days prior to the flight before exhibiting symptoms on the flight, if that happened. She would not have been contagious before she began having symptoms, and then she would have been infectious only if she were emitting fluids that could be touched by other people.

I think the best news yet is that the people who were exposed to Thomas Eric Duncan in Dallas have been cleared from their 21 day quarantine, and none have contracted ebola.

If Ebola enters your system, you will not feel any symptoms. The female WHO health care worker contracted Ebola even through she didn't feel any symptoms. After 21 days her outbreak of Ebola in her system will happen. As a precaution she has to be quarantined and be given a blood test to find out is she's Ebola positive. The CDC will step up bio-hazard protocols from anyone coming out from Ebola infected or other bio-hazard nations. Doesn't matter of your have the virus or not. Some folks think that coming from infected nations and being check and monitored by CDC and national security protocols makes them feel like a prisoner. Yes it does. But safety and security must be performed and fear and panic must be reduced.

"...and fear and panic must be reduced."
    I don't think there is fear and and panic Danny - except maybe yourself. We are told there is by the Media and our useless leaders but that's to cover for their incompetency while blaming us. They're only stumbling into short term solutions. We're pissed off with their inadequacy. The bottom line is we have a deadly African disease we don't want to get established in America and the first step was obviously STOP ALL people coming in from the affected areas. That should have been done 6 months ago. that would have taken care of 90/95% of the risk immediately. Then you can start thinking how to deal with it. Sending 3000/5000 of our military [[which will probably have to be rotated) was the action of a man wanting to be seen to do something;anything;without thinking about the consequences of putting them and us at unnecessary risk. Let the Health Organization of the UN take the lead; they even know how to get water to people who don't want to pay for it.
    Last edited by coracle; October-26-14 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    "...and fear and panic must be reduced."
    I don't think there is fear and and panic Danny - except maybe yourself. We are told there is by the Media and our useless leaders but that's to cover for their incompetency while blaming us. They're only stumbling into short term solutions. We're pissed off with their inadequacy. The bottom line is we have a deadly African disease we don't want to get established in America and the first step was obviously STOP ALL people coming in from the affected areas. That should have been done 6 months ago. that would have taken care of 90/95% of the risk immediately. Then you can start thinking how to deal with it. Sending 3000/5000 of our military [[which will probably have to be rotated) was the action of a man wanting to be seen to do something;anything;without thinking about the consequences of putting them and us at unnecessary risk. Let the Health Organization of the UN take the lead; they even know how to get water to people who don't want to pay for it.

When Ebola strikes America and other nations. Some folks will be in fear and panic no thanks to misinformation and upside down politics. If only our society learn more about Ebola in the past, fear and panic will be reduced.

When Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome was announced in global media [[as Gay Cancer) in the U.S. during the late 1970s, people were afraid [[especially on Homosexuals). When HIV/AIDS Virus was passed on to non-gay person by blood contact. America and other nations were scared to death. In the 1980s main street America don't know more about HIV/AIDS. They only know that the can get the disease by casual contact. That is totally not true! People who had HIV/AIDS were kept out of schools, workplaces and sport activities.

In 1985 10 year old Bryan White had full blown AIDS after receiving a blood transfusion. He was kept out of the school and rest of main street America. That was fear and panic kicking in. Bryan White and his parents protest to have Bryan back in main street America after doctors told them that no one would get HIV/AIDS by casual contact. Bryan White died from type of septic disease because AIDS wipe out his immune system.

By the 1990s Americans have started to learn more about HIV/AIDS. People who has HIV/AIDS will not feel any symptoms for 11 years, After that an sudden outbreak from other viral and bacterial diseases will kick in because the HIV/AIDS Virus had destroyed the immune system. You can get HIV/AIDS by having unprotected sex with someone with HIV/AIDS or sharing tainted blood contact.You can't get HIV/AIDS by giving sterilized blood or simple casual contact. Doctors are working on vaccines or anti-viral drugs to cure people who had the long term virus. Fear and panic from HIV/AIDS will be reduced.

Dealing with Ebola is now a very serious matter. It kills its host quickly. It could spread quickly by bodily fluid contact. An Ebola infected person can touch a product and it could survive and multiply for more the 5 days. Once you have Ebola in your system, you will not feel any symptoms for 21 days. After that a personal outbreak will happen as Ebola infects your brain, eats your body organs, causing internal bleeding and finally paralysis and shock and death within 30 to 50 days. Doctors from all over the world are working on finding a cure for Ebola. So far we have Z-mapp and blood type antibodies. Fewer people had been cured from Ebola than HIV/AIDS! So that's good news. Americans need to be prepare for any outbreaks from Ebola and other bio-hazards. Quarantine stations must be in place. Decontamination stations and protocols must be exercised. And education about Ebola must be taught from public schools or main street America to cut down fear and panic.

Be careful by writing to me about fear and panic of Ebola! I know all about it for 25 years before the 2014 outbreak. I am not scared of that disease. If I got Ebola, oh well may God save me! That's life. I ready to die for Jesus Christ and so should you. Just like the Bible says 'We are living in the last days.' Apocalypse is coming and I'm ready for judgement day.

Right now America is moving, the world is still busy. Our economy is still flowing. WHO, CDC, some coalition troops are right now in Ebola infected nations stop the massive outbreak. And our local and national news and internet social media will keep on reporting it. One day a cure for Ebola will be found and it would out of the hare just like Small Pox, Polio, Malaria and Influenza. Until then cope, pray and hope.

May God have mercy on our souls.

Last edited by Danny; October-27-14 at 04:00 PM.

That's just too much for me to handle Danny, but it's very interesting. I'm curious to know what you think about our doctors and nurses who are eager to go out there and risk their lives for the sick but don't seem to be quite as eager to not risk our lives when they return.
    Last edited by coracle; October-27-14 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I'm curious to know what you think about our doctors and nurses who are eager to go out there and risk their lives for the sick but don't seem to be quite as eager to not risk our lives when they return.
    Are there experts who agree with this assessment?

A politician, running for President in 2016, swoops down on the issue. He claims the nurse was "obviously sick", and had a "high fever", and has her virtually arrested on the spot. The nurse says she was not ill, and had no fever, except for one apparently erroneous reading.
    Someone is not telling the truth.
    My money is on the politician.
    The nurse should be praised, not used as a political prop.

The nurse should be praised but put in quarantine. If there was any question, it was better to error on the side of safety. Her oral thermometer showed a normal reading but her forehead read over 100 degrees. Better safe than sorry. This isn't just about a nurse. This is about everyone she comes in contact with. This nurse was also somehow connected to the CDC and was supposed to be an avid Democrat based on information already scrubbed from the internet. President Obama has pressured Gov. Cuomo into retreating from Cuomo's position of requiring a 21 day quarantine for health care workers returning from Africa. Potential ebola carriers are a new civil rights group it seems.

I predict that eventually the President will stiffen his entrance policy from ebola epidemic countries. When Mr. Duncan lied his way into the US, there were about 2,500 death and 5,000 cases of ebola to date. Just weeks later, there have been 5,000 deaths and 10,000 cases of ebola to date. By December, if the ebola epidemic does not spread into other countries like Mali or Congo, there are expected to be 10,000 new cases per week in just the three ebola epidemic countries. That means that any person flying from one of those countries to the US will be considerably more likely to be infected with ebola even if they are not showing symptoms when debarking. The CDC is already ramping up new and stricter protocols including better monitoring at five airports. It seems inevitable that President Obama will be forced to back away from his own agenda as a higher percentage of travelers inevitably show up carrying ebola into the US as Mr. Duncan did.
    Last edited by oladub; October-28-14 at 09:01 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast