Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

^^^ Yep, exterior lights on night is the move where possible. Get the twirly-bulbs if you feel it's too much of a electric bill drain...those are the only bulbs you can find anyway......unless you go to the dollar store or Ebay!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-05-14 at 09:49 AM.

Willi Guest

Lights at night is always a good idea, but day time burglary happens as well.
    Anyone remember the Television series - It Takes a Thief ?
    They showed folks getting seriously ripped off in UNDER 10 minutes due to
    simply not hardening the common items like windows, doors, garages.
    When was the last time you or a neighbor - walked towards an alarm to investigate or help ?
    I think an alarm is worthless, especially if money was not spent on serious prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Yep, exterior lights on night is the move where possible. Get the twirly-bulbs if you feel it's too much of a electric bill drain...those are the only bulbs you can find anyway......unless you go to the dollar store or Ebay!
    Exterior lights you can use motion detectors with Halogen Bulbs to save.

The halogen bulbs are instant on bright where as the "twirly bulbs" are dim in cold weather and take a while to get bright as do Hi Pressure Sodium, Mercury Vapor and Metal Halide bulbs.

If you gonna leave the light on day/night sensor Hi Pressure Sodium is the best value.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; October-05-14 at 12:09 PM.

I like all of your suggestions but may I add my own:

Purchase a junker car to keep in the driveway so thieves don't know if someone is home. I've found this to be a huge deterrent. 99% of all thieves will only break in to a home if they are sure no one is home.

1. Car in the driveway
    2. Porch light on all night [[dawn to dusk timer)
    3. Light timers on inside your house as soon as it's dark if you're not home
    4. Bars on the windows [[at least on the rear)
    5. Dog
    6. Metal doors with metal reinforced frame

My neighbor's house in the D was broken into Christmas day at 2pm. They pryed off the rear window, in & out within 5 minutes. I called DPD and they showed up 3 hours later.

Good point! The light is brighter too. I'll ditch the twirlies from my front porch asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    The haologen blbs are instant on bright where as the "twirly bulbs" are dim in cold weather and take a while to get breight as do Hi Pressure Sodium, Mercury Vapor and Metal Halide bulbs.

If you gonna leave the light on day/night sensor Hi Pressure Sodium is the best value.

Another fun thing to do is to get one of those light bulb socket whips like this,

and screw it into one of your double lamp motion sensor security light socket's, trim and patch the wires to an extension cord plugged into a...

So when the light is activated so is the boombox that is already switched on and ready to go with a cassette you recorded with dogs barking and you hollering something about "meet my little friend"...

Last edited by Dan Wesson; October-05-14 at 12:31 PM.

Another fun thing to do is to get one of those light bulb socket whips like this,

and screw it into one of your double lamp motion sensor security light socket's, trim and patch the wires to an extension cord plugged into a...

So when the light is activated so is the boombox that is already switched on and ready to go with a cassette you recorded with dogs barking and you hollering something about "meet my little friend"...

I'm going to give you some advice, Dan, Ok? "Don't get high on your own supply", hear me? Remember that.......

Thirteen Pitbulls...
    We have one and she is perfectly adequate. Other dogs don't hurt either. My puggle can scream loud enough to be heard at the 7/11 precinct. Actually looking for one more dog. My babies are aging out. Putz is now 24. Who could believe that a dog could live to be that old. His latest trick is to fart... that can clear a room in a heart beat. I guess a new crime prevention weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    We have one and she is perfectly adequate. Other dogs don't hurt either. My puggle can scream loud enough to be heard at the 7/11 precinct. Actually looking for one more dog. My babies are aging out. Putz is now 24. Who could believe that a dog could live to be that old. His latest trick is to fart... that can clear a room in a heart beat. I guess a new crime prevention weapon.
    Yeah that's right, sumas, blame it on the dog...

I know I would.

Yeah that's right, sumas, blame it on the dog...

I know I would.
    You caught me out. I can do amazing puffers. Still and all Putz has me beat all hands down. His breath could take down the empire state building too. I actually do adore that little dog. What an amazing survivor. Absolutely, he is our first defense against home invasion. He sheds too, really sucks for the home invaders that wear that all black apparel replete with hoodies.

Shame ya' can't live in peace and safety on this earth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2