Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    You could make the best Cadillacs in Detroit, but if your Detroit staff is clueless on how to sell the car to the wealthy in the nation's premier markets, what good is that? I bring up the anti-bicycle ad campaign GM disastrously tried because it shows how out of touch the Detroit staff is/was. Go to DC or Boston on the weekend and seemingly every rich old guy is dressed in spandex and riding a bike. And guess what? Those people also own cars - typically very expensive cars, in fact. When they see an ad mocking them, they aren't impressed.

GM is defending the move for the same reasons I am. But, of course, GM would be better off if you were CEO, right? You know what's up in this country.
    How'd the Poolside ad campaign go? you know the one directly aimed at those rich fat guys in spandex? Universally mocked and derided and quickly pulled. Brought to us by a Boston ad firm..

I know why I drive a Cadillac competitor and it has zero to do with the ads and nothing about a new mailing address in NYC is going to get me into a dealership.
    Last edited by bailey; September-25-14 at 11:19 AM.