Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Renovations moving swiftly.. amazing what new windows can do to the look of a building. Looks great so far

According to the Curbed article posted a few weeks back, both Hammer & Nail signs have been taken town, but one will be restored and remounted on the building. The other will given back to the Carpenters Union. I'm glad to see the signs won't be gone forever. They're just so distinctive.

Completion!

Congrats to the Roxbury Group for getting this done.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...own/106600110/

So glad it was saved; it looks great. That building looked "like a goner" for awhile before someone with some vision saw its worth.

DetroitNightLights Guest

The Hammer and Nail should have went back up on the building. The electric neon used to beckon you travel just a little bit further up Woodward Avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitNightLights View Post
    The Hammer and Nail should have went back up on the building. The electric neon used to beckon you travel just a little bit further up Woodward Avenue.
    According to this article, it's going back up

"With the re-lighting of the hammer and nail and the welcoming of our first residents, The Plaza will once again be a landmark for the Woodward corridor in Midtown."

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...high-rise.html

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    According to this article, it's going back up

"With the re-lighting of the hammer and nail and the welcoming of our first residents, The Plaza will once again be a landmark for the Woodward corridor in Midtown."

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...high-rise.html
    It's not going back up. It's been relit in the lobby. You can see it if you drive past.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    It's not going back up. It's been relit in the lobby. You can see it if you drive past.
    I personally think it looks better in the lobby - provides a funky piece of nostalgic art while not disturbing the clean, classic lines of the building itself, which are much improved since the reno with new windows and lighting.

Side note, does anyone know what the status of the WSU Med building-turned shit hole lot next door is??

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    My mistake. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ParisianLesion View Post
    I personally think it looks better in the lobby - provides a funky piece of nostalgic art while not disturbing the clean, classic lines of the building itself, which are much improved since the reno with new windows and lighting.

Side note, does anyone know what the status of the WSU Med building-turned shit hole lot next door is??
    That was yet another disastrous decision by the former leaders of the medical school, who ought to be in prison. I thought I'd heard that the site had been purchased by somebody else but clearly nothing has been done to it.

I like the units for the most part as modern apartments go but I'd hate to have those flat top electric stove as the only option. I guess most places are opting out of gas ranges. Sad..... I prefer flame for cooking.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4