Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Whole Foods looking to open a 2nd Detroit location

Last edited by animatedmartian; September-18-14 at 09:51 AM. Reason: duplicate thread

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    where is their "target client base" likely to be, besides midtown? East riverfront?

Someone has beat your comments! Please see: Second Whole Foods Store.

Lafayette Park

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Lafayette Park
    so...pretty much within walking distance from their other one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    where is their "target client base" likely to be, besides midtown? East riverfront?

Either Old Redford or perhaps maybe the Jefferson-Chalmers area so that they can get the Grosse Pointe crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    so...pretty much within walking distance from their other one?
    Dont assume that the Elderly, handicap, every carless person could walk the same distance as you, a probably a healthier person or did you measure the distance in ypur car?

Somewhere on Grand River in Rosedale Park area.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Dont assume that the Elderly, handicap, every carless person could walk the same distance as you, a probably a healthier person or did you measure the distance in ypur car?
    If Whole Paycheck's target demographic is the impoverished, eldery or the infirm that might be a point.

It's less than 2 miles.

I can't imagine the buisiness case for placing it there. Especially after M1 trolley is running.

Brightmoor.

Since it mentioned Jefferson Avenue-place it on West Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    Either Old Redford or perhaps maybe the Jefferson-Chalmers area so that they can get the Grosse Pointe crowd?
    I was also thinking along Jefferson to entice Grosse Pointers to shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    I was also thinking along Jefferson to entice Grosse Pointers to shop there.
    I doubt if Grosse Pointer's are going to cross Alter Rd. and start shopping in Jeff-Chalmers. Especially when they already have Trader Joe's on Kercheval in the Village.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDetroiter View Post
    I doubt if Grosse Pointer's are going to cross Alter Rd. and start shopping in Jeff-Chalmers. Especially when they already have Aldi's delux on Kercheval in the Village.
    Fixed that for you.

anonJD Guest

Jefferson and Alter makes sense, but it's just not as stabilized as Meijer, Starbucks and the police station at Woodward & 8 Mile. I just don't see WF being alone on an island on Jefferson. You're basically be solely dependent on Grosse Pointe commuters. Where as Woodward & 8 Mile you have commuters, Ferndale [[and perhaps RO) residents that would pop down, UD, etc.

With the new arena, they're going to try to build up Woodward into the thoroughfare that it used to be. No buzz on Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Call it whatever you want. Grosse Pointers are still not going to shop in Jeff-Chalmers. Jeff-Chalmers residents don't even shop in Jeff-Chalmers. Why? Because there is no place to shop.
    Last edited by FormerDetroiter; September-18-14 at 09:59 PM.