Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Where were you on September 11th?

Basically, this is a thread to discuss where you were the moment the September 11th attacks were taking place.

I had just moved into a house on Lafayette between Springwells and Woodmere and that day, I was riding in a carpool to my new job at the Ford Woodhaven Stamping Plant [[which forced me to move back into the Detroit area from Ogemaw County) and I was on I-75 between Outer Drive and Southfield in Lincoln Park when the first plane crashed into the World Trade Center. At first, I thought that a small Cessna had crashed into the RenCen [[but of course, that would be false).

I did arrive at the stamping plant, but no one was working there then, instead, they were all confined to television screens across the plant. I went to one of them and we all watched the second plane hit the WTC live.

It was not long after that that we were all sent home. Right away, I stopped at the Amoco across I-75 at West and Hall Roads to prepare for any shortages that would follow and from there, went right back on I-75 home, where I instantly turned the TV on and watched the news unfold for the rest of the day-in fact, when the first WTC tower was collapsing, I initially thought they were reusing old footage of the Hudson's implosion.

Since then, probably due to post-attack repercussions, I lost my job early in 2002 and I have since moved to three different homes.

And here's what the Freep looked like the next day.
    Last edited by mtburb; September-11-14 at 07:48 AM.