Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A Void In The History of September 11th

On the bottom floor of the United States Capitol’s new underground visitors’ center, there is a secure room where the House Intelligence Committee maintains highly classified files. One of those files is titled “Finding, Discussion and Narrative Regarding Certain Sensitive National Security Matters.” It is twenty-eight pages long. In 2002, the Administration of George W. Bush excised those pages from the report of the Joint Congressional Inquiry into the 9/11 attacks. President Bush said then that publication of that section of the report would damage American intelligence operations, revealing “sources and methods that would make it harder for us to win the war on terror.”

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-...ty-eight-pages

“What separates us from the animals, what separates us from the chaos, is our ability to mourn people we’ve never met.” - David Levithan

Name:  imagesCAEBECRW.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  13.5 KB

Members of Congress are allowed to read these 28 pages in a soundproof room but are not allowed to bring in note paper with them. They are not allowed to report specifics. We, as voters, are supposed to make informed choices about who to elect but are not allowed information that might help us in such choices.

Thomas Massie, another liberty faction Republican like Jones, recently read those pages and made this comment:

I went into the soundproof, you know, secret room here in Congress and read those 28 pages. And it was a really disturbing event for me to read those. I had to stop every two or three pages and rearrange my perception of history. And it’s that fundamental — those 28 pages….

It certainly changes your view of the Middle East, I think. And, again, we’re talking about the dynamics in Iraq these days and whether we should be involved and, if we get involved, in what capacity and what could be the outcome. To make that decision, members of Congress need to go read those 28 pages. Families deserve to know exactly what happened.

We need to declassify those 28 pages….There is nothing in there that would affect our national security. Some of it may be embarrassing; that is why I believe those 28 pages have been withheld. And if in those 28 pages there is something where we don’t want to reveal sources, you could redact a sentence or two here and there, but the American people deserve to know what happened and what led up to 9/11 so that we can prevent the next one.

I'm guessing a good deal of those 28 pages detail how deeply the Saudies were funding AQ

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I'm guessing a good deal of those 28 pages detail how deeply the Saudies were funding AQ
    Just reading about the reaction people had from reading through this document makes my feel sick. Sounds like high-level Saudi involvement was covered up to prevent the American public from demanding that Saudi Arabia be turned into a glass parking lot

Just listened to the President's speech concerning taking on both IS and the Syrian government [[?). I don't suppose we will be seeing too many playboy Saudi princes shedding blood against IS. Whatever is in these 28 pages might shed some light on how to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Members of Congress are allowed to read these 28 pages in a soundproof room but are not allowed to bring in note paper with them. They are not allowed to report specifics. We, as voters, are supposed to make informed choices about who to elect but are not allowed information that might help us in such choices.

Thomas Massie, another liberty faction Republican like Jones, recently read those pages and made this comment:

I went into the soundproof, you know, secret room here in Congress and read those 28 pages. And it was a really disturbing event for me to read those. I had to stop every two or three pages and rearrange my perception of history. And it’s that fundamental — those 28 pages….

It certainly changes your view of the Middle East, I think. And, again, we’re talking about the dynamics in Iraq these days and whether we should be involved and, if we get involved, in what capacity and what could be the outcome. To make that decision, members of Congress need to go read those 28 pages. Families deserve to know exactly what happened.

We need to declassify those 28 pages….There is nothing in there that would affect our national security. Some of it may be embarrassing; that is why I believe those 28 pages have been withheld. And if in those 28 pages there is something where we don’t want to reveal sources, you could redact a sentence or two here and there, but the American people deserve to know what happened and what led up to 9/11 so that we can prevent the next one.
    I agree with that.