Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Wow, my 89 year old, white, and occasionally grumpy, father will be unhappy to hear that.
    Glad your dad is truly progressive. Listen to him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Well, yes. My problem is with the law, and they are its agents. I think we as a society do seek to transfer the guilty for past white actions onto current white people. That failing is race-neutral. Whites are as likely as blacks to be prejudiced against other whites for their 'racist' actions.

I think it is important for us to see this reverse racism. It isn't acknowledged as a problem, IMO. It really has litle to do with Wafer's guilt or lack of guilt -- but it explains a lot in how people here have reacted so strongly to this case. I think we'd be better if we recognized racial prejudice in all its forms. Its the best way to wipe it from our minds. Thus, I think you are in denial, wrapping yourself in the 'obvious' guilt here. And I do think that its very likely that Wafer is guilty as hell. But I just as strongly think that society racial 'guilt' is present in how many have reacted to claims of potential injustice. All I can do is ask that you keep your mind open to the possibility of injustice in the pursuit of Wafers, Zimmermans, and Wilsons long before the facts are set and the jury has judged.
    So, if YOU think Mr. Wafer is guilty and should not have shot and killed Ms. McBride, are YOU displaying an anti-white prejudice? I'm still confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Glad your dad is truly progressive. Listen to him more.
    Dad's not only truly progressive, he's an OG of progressiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Dad's not only truly progressive, he's an OG of progressiveness.
    You are truly fortunate. Treasure him.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11