Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Ms. Curtis won her court battle with the land bank. I am looking forward to her renovation and hoping it makes a show!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...se/5181429001/

Well, I guess the Landbank lost; key point in the argument:
    Wayne Circuit Court Chief Judge Timothy Kenny noted in a ruling issued Thursday that the land bank was awarded the house in a nuisance abatement proceeding in 2016, yet it didn't record the title for more than a year after Curtis' renovation firm recorded its deed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Yeah man I’m sure the city gives a shit about 1 home out of the thousands they have sitting vacant for a couple of $10,000 it might make off a home. It’s all a conspiracy, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It’s so cute you think this some how proved me wrong

And you're adorable thinking the Landbank doesn't care about every penny they can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    It’s so cute you think this some how proved me wrong

I’m glad to see it settled. Hopefully Nicole will get the project underway soon.

So is she gonna stop threatening to do renovations in Flint now?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    All because the land bank didn't record title... So if they did she would have still bought the house on a quitclaim deed from people who didn't have title. Seems she won here by sheer luck.

If they didn't record it then it wouldn't show up in a title search right?
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; May-21-21 at 03:52 PM.

So, its the land bank that did something sneaky behind Ms. Curtis back. They did not give the deed to her. One of those 'Keep Detroit Black' mentality going on in the hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    All because the land bank didn't record title... So if they did she would have still bought the house on a quitclaim deed from people who didn't have title. Seems she won here by sheer luck.

If they didn't record it then it wouldn't show up in a title search right?
    it wasn’t luck. Curtis” team conducted a title search. Had the Land bank properly recorded title, it would’ve shown up and she would not have dealt with the previous owners.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4